Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
Why is this club always wanting a ' project' I don't want to pay top ticket prices at the best stadium in Europe to watch a fucking project.

Enic raised the expectation bar with the stadium, but if these links are true it's the umpteenth example of them not giving a single fuck about our club. As long as the profits roll in they don't care. Some on here need to wake up, I was a supporter of levy, the Jol sacking pissed me off , well the manner of it, classless episode. Then came Stratford , again I convinced myself it was a play by Enic to force haringeys hand , but the last twelve months are indefensible.
Whenever you hear anyone at the club say the word project, just mentally replace it with "lack of ambition" and it all becomes crystal clear.

Christian Gross part two.

Anyone that still has lingering doubts about the clubs ambition need only look at our choice of manager, he's got zero pedigree.

This is just the cheap option.

This is just the beginning of our downfall, after the Euro's Kane will be leaving, guaranteed.
And then where are we?

State of the art stadium with a team who will be lucky to make top half next season.

Done with the club.
Yep
All down to one dwarfish, short sighted bean counter

Yes you will.
No Way Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I just cant see a situation other than the club going backwards by appointing Fonseca

Nothing about him suggests he's the type of manager to take us forward and competing again for top 4.

To be honest, either Levy is totally deluded at this point or just doesnt give two shits if we end up finishing 7th/8th for the forseeable future

This screams

Levy "Shit, the natives are getting restless. What's the quickest laziest appointment we could make"

Paratici "Well I've got a mate called Paulo who recently got humped from his job. He's utterly desperate, how does that sound"

Levy "Eureka. Now I can stop trying to cut deals. Welcome to Spurs Mr Tombola winner"

The thing is 99% of the people commenting on this thread don’t really have a clue about football. They really only want managers who have name recognition no matter what. Who knows he could actually turn out good. If he’s appointed I’m willing to get behind him and give him a chance.
:mourwhat:
I don't know what business/world you are in, but I assume if you were hiring you would want to pick a candidate with a glowing CV and some solid accomplishments to come and work at your company and push it forwards?

You aren't going to hire somebody with zero pedigree to run your company.

You don't need to have a PHD in football or your UEFA badges to grasp this basic fact.

Ten Hag who took Ajax to the CL semi finals, who has won all domestic trophies available and who has developed players like De Ligt, De Jong, Van De Beek, Gravenberch etc.

Yesterday you compared him to Scott fucking Parker.
Not managerial wise I said they were both underwhelming

So Ten Hag who has spent alot of money and won a league which he should is good, but Fonseca who also won a league that he should of isn't?

Fonseca took his team to a Europa Semi Final

Just because one is mates with Pep doesn't mate him great, look down the road for that

Both are underwhelming.

Back
Top Bottom