Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
Also....because you can't name ANY OTHER SUCCESSFUL MANAGER who has done this. Back your argument up mate.

That has no impact, you just repeating that nobody else has done it isn't in any way proof that it is wrong that Fonseca did it.

Again there is a reason you are the only one crying about this and that is because it is a complete non-story, who cares moment.

Demanding Levy to do anything is useless. Have you not realized that? I try to be extremely positive with Spurs and really feel Paulo could do a good job.

But the reality check I referred to is fans need to realize top managers do not want to work with Levy and Levy is not changing his ways after 20 years.

It's naive to expect him to change. The best we can do is hope to find a manager who fits with him. Like Poch did for a time.

Demanding more from the club on a fan message board is far from useless.

If you want to take a defeatist attitude and eat the shit sandwich Levy serves up go ahead but I see no reason to pretend that this is anything good just because Levy has no ambition.

Plus this is a shit hire even by Levy standards so even if you give up like you have done the appointment makes no sense. This is not a Poch like hire, this guy will not elevate the crap Levy gives him to new heights.

To me not all the time no, I come here to have a laugh with like minded people and state my opinion on things. Not every single post needs debating the balls off, its tedious and ultimately will never be resolved with the person who has the last word walk off with a stiffy for a wank.

Good that we agree then and approach the site the same way, then.

Here's a good one....the owner/barman of my local was a big Woolwich fan.

He wasn't very impressed when they signed Wenger, the actual quote being "Who the fuck is this cunt? Arsehole Wanker or whatever his fucking name is"...

The thing about it was that he also pathologically hated being called out at being wrong about anything...

Needless to say the only consolation of them cunts ever winning anything was walking in and watching him squirm when he was asked whatever happened to that Arsehole Wanker?

So just be careful with what you say...
It's back then where Internet, and computer were not as common utility. Wenger made a weird move to coach in Japan, but he built a good reputation with his time at Monaco. He won the league and a domestic Cup with Monaco, made several other finals in different competitions. Stayed at Monaco for a good while, and showed he had vision to build the squad for several years, and really had eyes for talents, and confidence to bring up youth. The impressive list of soon to be great players from Wenger's Monaco is mind blowing.

This Fonseca guy has nothing on Poch, Wenger, AVB, young Mourinho... At this point in time, it's all wishful thinking and scare tactic by the positive seekers to try to delude themselves and others, so they can escape the reality.

That has no impact, you just repeating that nobody else has done it isn't in any way proof that it is wrong that Fonseca did it.

Again there is a reason you are the only one crying about this and that is because it is a complete non-story, who cares moment.
You argued with me his CV wasn't good enough, but you have no problem with him turning up like a tool? Have a word with yourself.

Demanding more from the club on a fan message board is far from useless.

If you want to take a defeatist attitude and eat the shit sandwich Levy serves up go ahead but I see no reason to pretend that this is anything good just because Levy has no ambition.

Plus this is a shit hire even by Levy standards so even if you give up like you have done the appointment makes no sense. This is not a Poch like hire, this guy will not elevate the crap Levy gives him to new heights.
How fucking old are you? Complaining on a message board is the definition of useless, you are a faceless nameless entity only known by other faceless nameless entity's. There are only 2 people who can sack Levy one is old and doesn't give a shit the other is himself.

To me not all the time no, I come here to have a laugh with like minded people and state my opinion on things. Not every single post needs debating the balls off, its tedious and ultimately will never be resolved with the person who has the last word walk off with a stiffy for a wank.
And you are trying to say these debates are pointless…

Good that we agree then and approach the site the same way, then.
You are the fucking one arguing with anyone and everyone, flipping arguments and thoughts just to be as obtuse as you fucking can be.

You literally just said his CV isn't good enough but you would love him to turn up looking like a ballroot, listen to yourself.

Thankfully we’ve got world class players like Harry Winks, Eric Dier and Moussa Sissoko. So he’s coming into a far stronger squad.

gross dumb and dumber GIF

This one still drives me nuts. How do the officials in the match let that happen. I feel like that's more on them than him.
The officials' task is to oversee. They have no responsibility to instruct the team management to prevent wrongdoings. For example, referee can stop the match if he feel players' head injury is serious. However, team doctor and manager along with the player may decide to go on, referee can't do nothing, about forcing a sub.

Last edited:
You argued with me his CV wasn't good enough, but you have no problem with him turning up like a tool? Have a word with yourself.

How fucking old are you? Complaining on a message board is the definition of useless, you are a faceless nameless entity only know by other faceless nameless entity's. There are only 2 people who can sack Levy one is old and doesn't give a shit the other is himself.

He didn't show up like a tool and yes I, and any normal person, have zero issue with him wearing a costume to a single press conference after telling his team he would do it to try and motivate them for a game they won.

How old are you? Apparently not old enough to read or comprehend what is written. I didn't say that complaining would get Levy fired. I never have said, implied or in anyway suggested that.

You are the fucking one arguing with anyone and everyone, flipping arguments and thoughts just to be as obtuse as you fucking can be.

You literally just said his CV isn't good enough but you would love him to turn up looking like a ballroot, listen to yourself.

I am not arguing with anyone and everyone at all, hardly arguing with anyone actually.

Yes his CV isn't good enough that isn't something I said that is fact and it has nothing to do with him wearing a costume to a press conference.

I am not arguing with anyone and everyone at all, hardly arguing with anyone actually.

Yes his CV isn't good enough that isn't something I said that is fact and it has nothing to do with him wearing a costume to a press conference.
You are an incredibly irritating person.

It's Igula Igula standard method. Just argue the toss with people until they give up. He thinks he's won when in reality he's on ignore.

Yeah. Just the 2 arguments in the last 45 mins or so. Have a look in the mirror mate.

Back
Top Bottom