Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
West ham fans virtually rejoicing in the streets of essex with moyes signing new deal. Wouldnt surprise me they got knocked out in europa league qualifier. First highlight in a quarter of century for them finishing above us. So I suppose in 2046 will ne next time for them.

Yeah aurier made out hes deserting the titanic. Fact is his decision making on pitch in games were causing the titanic. Amount of times his errors led to goals. Intetesting to see if new dof goes for aarons. As i heard thats pretty much a done deal. Lets be honest sissoko werent good enough either. Just a big muscly zakora.
At least zokora could tackle! 😅,I like Aaron’s he’s a good player but would Norwich sell after just selling buendia? It’s a possibility,I didn’t like auriers attitude in certain games either we can do without him another right back we’ve looked at is zeki celik at Lille all depends what paritici thinks to him.

West ham fans virtually rejoicing in the streets of essex with moyes signing new deal. Wouldnt surprise me they got knocked out in europa league qualifier. First highlight in a quarter of century for them finishing above us. So I suppose in 2046 will ne next time for them.

If they don't make it out of their group do they get relegated into the conference (like the CL dropouts)?

I don’t get the Aurier hate tbh. He’s a fuck sight better than Doherty and has put in some decent performances. Still wouldn’t trust the cunt with a throw in mind. €20 million seems a decent fee but I don’t think we’re pulling anyone’s pants down. I just know that we will be stuck with Doherty come the start of the new season. And that is the big worry.
With Sissoko, I’d personally row him to Napoli free of charge if Levy can screw a quid out of his sale.

I don’t get the Aurier hate tbh. He’s a fuck sight better than Doherty and has put in some decent performances. Still wouldn’t trust the cunt with a throw in mind. €20 million seems a decent fee but I don’t think we’re pulling anyone’s pants down. I just know that we will be stuck with Doherty come the start of the new season. And that is the big worry.
With Sissoko, I’d personally row him to Napoli free of charge if Levy can screw a quid out of his sale.
He was good for morale aurier i noticed in that amazon doc. But so is a comedian good for morale. Not good enough. Never really replaced walker tbh. Heard were after striker Gonzalez from stuttgart. That has legs as i read a while back were in for him. Way i see it were selling all our shit before new dof arrives. Clean slate.

Heard marcus edwards joined sporting Lisbon and we got 5m as part of sell on clause. 20m in bank so far selling foyth and edwards clause. Get 15m for sissoko. Reckon dier will end up somewhere like west ham or saints.

He was good for morale aurier i noticed in that amazon doc. But so is a comedian good for morale. Not good enough. Never really replaced walker tbh. Heard were after striker Gonzalez from stuttgart. That has legs as i read a while back were in for him. Way i see it were selling all our shit before new dof arrives. Clean slate.
I hope so. A clean slate is what we’ve been crying out for over several seasons. I’m not averse to selling any of our players because it’s all very stale. I just know that our “sell to buy” policy has been very hit and miss and a mass fire sale is probably not what we need. Plus I really don’t trust Levy whether or not we have a DOF allegedly overseeing it.

Heard marcus edwards joined sporting Lisbon and we got 5m as part of sell on clause. 20m in bank so far selling foyth and edwards clause. Get 15m for sissoko. Reckon dier will end up somewhere like west ham or saints.

I hope so. A clean slate is what we’ve been crying out for over several seasons. I’m not averse to selling any of our players because it’s all very stale. I just know that our “sell to buy” policy has been very hit and miss and a mass fire sale is probably not what we need. Plus I really don’t trust Levy whether or not we have a DOF allegedly overseeing it.

Bodes well... We cleared the decks pretty swiftly when Poch first arrived; taking losses where necessary (see e.g. Paulinho).... Hoping we see similar this time around.

If we get players at least we know that the value of Kane goes back into players and that we are getting a certainly level of player, if it is straight cash I doubt we get better players with the cash coming back.
So these MC players who are at a club winning trophies would want to swap with a player at our club that wants to go there to win trophies? Why would they want to be used as part exchange and come to us? If MC do not have the cash then easier to say to Kane that no acceptable deal came forward.

That would be hilarious.... Especially if we drew them and got to rough them up a bit on a European stage.
Beating west ham in the third tier European competition with the word conference in the title

That would go down as one of the true glory nights of the club's history

Imo we will do all our business up until deadline day then flog kane which will pay off some of covid debt. Weve managed before selling berbatov, keane, carrick, modric, bale etc. I bet we get a tough start when fixtures come out wednesday to put heat on new boss.

Have to say imo levy looked a bit tired in that interview on website yesterday. Good he came out though as so much negative spin last month or so.

I suppose it was a slight positive that he decided to directly address some issues, but that was about as cynical of a PR move as I have ever seen them do.

I honestly took it more as Levy trying to publicly defend himself than convey anything of value to supporters. It was literally a checklist of topics that Levy personally wanted to address, and made the interviewer ask the pre selected questions.

I personally though it was really badly done.

Back
Top Bottom