Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
So these MC players who are at a club winning trophies would want to swap with a player at our club that wants to go there to win trophies? Why would they want to be used as part exchange and come to us? If MC do not have the cash then easier to say to Kane that no acceptable deal came forward.

That is obviously something that would have to be dealt with, but it isn't like top teams don't sell players all the time so what is different now from then?

The players would move for the same reason they do then, I would say Jesus and Ake would move because they rarely play, Jesus especially now with Kane coming in. They come in here they would likely be starters or at the very least be competing with players much easier to displace.

For Sterling or Laporte, there have been rumours they want out, if they came here they would be top guys at the club.

Other reasons would be that London is a great place to live for rich athletes, if they are on their way out they aren't looking at upgrading from City anyways.

Beating west ham in the third tier European competition with the word conference in the title

That would go down as one of the true glory nights of the club's history

Pissing on their chips is always fun and let's be honest, as rough as our current patch is, the chance of us crossing paths with them in the CL in the future is pretty damn remote!

We thought that about the Bale money though

Thought what that they wouldn't spend the money?

The use of the Bale money is my fear, we get a bunch of meh guys that don't fit because we look for quantity and deals over quality.

Ideally we get straight cash and use the money well but with Levy/Hitchen/Paratici I have zero confidence that will happen.

Yep. We hardly roughed them up last season either so strange comment

Why? You expect to be in their shadow for any significant amount of time?

Our worse season in years; their best = 3 points diff.

Live in fear of them if you like; I shan't be.

Thing is last 10 years levy has used the words 'we are custodians of club'. All due respect levy we are supporters and customers of the club. He has done a good job with academy and infrastructure. But a terrible mistake sacking poch. I hope new manager for us does well but if hes shit and poch is struggling at psg poch will come home imo.

Thing is last 10 years levy has used the words 'we are custodians of club'. All due respect levy we are supporters and customers of the club. He has done a good job with academy and infrastructure. But a terrible mistake sacking poch. I hope new manager for us does well but if hes shit and poch is struggling at psg poch will come home imo.

Has he?

It seems like other teams are much better at producing talent than we are. We have Kane and ?

Thought what that they wouldn't spend the money?

The use of the Bale money is my fear, we get a bunch of meh guys that don't fit because we look for quantity and deals over quality.

Ideally we get straight cash and use the money well but with Levy/Hitchen/Paratici I have zero confidence that will happen.
In an ideal world we sell Kane for big bucks and buy Lukaku plus have extra spending money for the defence. It won't happen though will it?

Why? You expect to be in their shadow for any significant amount of time?

Our worse season in years; their best = 3 points diff.

Live in fear of them if you like; I shan't be.
Not at all in terms of league standings but they do seem to annoyingly raise their game against us on the day and would be twice as up for it in some third rate European kick about.

Beating west ham in the third tier European competition with the word conference in the title
That would go down as one of the true glory nights of the club's history

tenor.gif

That is obviously something that would have to be dealt with, but it isn't like top teams don't sell players all the time so what is different now from then?

The players would move for the same reason they do then, I would say Jesus and Ake would move because they rarely play, Jesus especially now with Kane coming in. They come in here they would likely be starters or at the very least be competing with players much easier to displace.

For Sterling or Laporte, there have been rumours they want out, if they came here they would be top guys at the club.

Other reasons would be that London is a great place to live for rich athletes, if they are on their way out they aren't looking at upgrading from City anyways.
I do not want Kane to go and have zero interested in making it easier for MC to do the deal by taking their unwanted players off them to save them shelling out the cash. Jesus is no better than Moura and I do not want him full stop.

I do not want Kane to go and have zero interested in making it easier for MC to do the deal by taking their unwanted players off them to save them shelling out the cash. Jesus is no better than Moura and I do not want him full stop.
Jay Zeus is fucking tripe. If he's involved in the deal it is another Berbatov Frazier Campbell job

Presuming we sell Kane who are you thinking we target? Surely we can't gamble on an up and comer when we've got 150 million in our arse pocket. It has to be a 100% proven striker

With Fonseca as our manager and Paratici as the DOF, I don't have a ton of guys I would pick which is part of the reason I am fine with getting someone like Jesus because as I said I think he will be better than what we get.

Honestly what I would likely do is try to hijack the Sancho deal and bring in him, especially if we are playing 3 up front. I think he is likely more impactful than any striker we would get, although there are a lot of wingers out there so maybe we could get more value out of the position than him, but in terms of looking at spending a large chunk of money on one player to "replace" Kane I think we might have a better chance of using that money on Sancho + striker x than looking at any major striker because I don't see anyone we are likely to get.

Trying to be realistic about what Levy would do there are probably more guys I would avoid than get, my fear is that we get Ings and one of Thuram or Gonzalez to fill the striker positions or even worse the front 3 with Son.

I think it is a very difficult thing to predict what this group will do which is why I am more open to players being included with the money.

Jesus is much better than Moura, he isn't a world beater but he brings with him a level of play that at least ensures we don't waste the money on a Soldado or Janssen that can't play. He also allows us to also take a chance on a young guy with risks like Daka or Vlahovic who may need time to adjust or not even be able to adjust.

It is crazy that he has been good enough to help City and yet now he is too shit for us. He is not ideal but we can, and likely will, do a lot worse.

With Fonseca as our manager and Paratici as the DOF, I don't have a ton of guys I would pick which is part of the reason I am fine with getting someone like Jesus because as I said I think he will be better than what we get.

Honestly what I would likely do is try to hijack the Sancho deal and bring in him, especially if we are playing 3 up front. I think he is likely more impactful than any striker we would get, although there are a lot of wingers out there so maybe we could get more value out of the position than him, but in terms of looking at spending a large chunk of money on one player to "replace" Kane I think we might have a better chance of using that money on Sancho + striker x than looking at any major striker because I don't see anyone we are likely to get.

Trying to be realistic about what Levy would do there are probably more guys I would avoid than get, my fear is that we get Ings and one of Thuram or Gonzalez to fill the striker positions or even worse the front 3 with Son.

I think it is a very difficult thing to predict what this group will do which is why I am more open to players being included with the money.
Interesting take on it. I don't agree as I'd rather try and instantly replace the missing Kane goals with a number 9 like Lukaku. I can see what you're getting at though.

Beating local 'rivals' (in this case pikeys that resent us) for a supporter is always fun.... I know you'd prefer to focus on the negative, but we're not all like that, John.

Did you enjoy the England game today? I can''t say I noticed you with anything positive to say during or after the match...... Funny; you don't seem particularly interested in the Euro's... One would think you'd relish the chance to enjoy some non-ENIC-related football.... Perhaps not. 🙄

Back
Top Bottom