Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
I don't disagree with you, in fact I mainly agree all around.

But what's the option? Just stop supporting? I'm not sure I can do that, in fact I know I can't.
We need to NOT accept it. We need to start making our displeasure known and people making excuses need to stop.
It's not good enough and it's ALL on Levy.

And the other option is what?
Not trying to find logic in pathetic inadequacy??? Not accepting constant miss management and looking for positives from it. The man is incapable of doing what is best for us as fans, the key stakeholders of THFC. Without the fans the club is nothing.

Spend the match singing ENIC out and show people ain't fucking happy.
Protest before and after games.
Show nothing but displeasure.

Not trying to find logic in pathetic inadequacy??? Not accepting constant miss management and looking for positives from it. The man is incapable of doing what is best for us as fans, the key stakeholders of THFC. Without the fans the club is nothing.

Spend the match singing ENIC out and show people ain't fucking happy.
Protest before and after games.
Show nothing but displeasure.
Will you be doing this?

ENIC are one of the best things to have ever happened to this club.

Perfect? Of course not. Mistakes made? Absolutely. ENIC OUT? No, don't be silly.

Am I a Levy fanboy? Absolutely not, there's plenty he has done o can't stand or fully object to, but I do believe he has always done his best for the club - or at least, what he thinks is best for the club. And it cannot be denied we are in an incredible place today compared to when he took over.

The stadium alone should secure his legacy, just as it'll secure our competitive future.

ENIC are one of the best things to have ever happened to this club.

Perfect? Of course not. Mistakes made? Absolutely. ENIC OUT? No, don't be silly.

Am I a Levy fanboy? Absolutely not, there's plenty he has done o can't stand or fully object to, but I do believe he has always done his best for the club - or at least, what he thinks is best for the club. And it cannot be denied we are in an incredible place today compared to when he took over.

The stadium alone should secure his legacy, just as it'll secure our competitive future.
Can we stop this we are better off than when Sugar was in charge nonsense. Leicester owners took over in 2010 they were in the championship , the season before I think the were in league 1, they won the league six years later

ENIC 1 trophy in 20 years is ok cos Sugar was bad

Leicester a smaller club taken over by new owners in a far worse position win the league in six years

It is ridiculous to be defending them after twenty years of FOOTBALLING failure

Can we stop this we are better off than when Sugar was in charge nonsense. Leicester owners took over in 2010 they were in the championship , the season before I think the were in league 1, they won the league six years later

ENIC 1 trophy in 20 years is ok cos Sugar was bad

Leicester a smaller club taken over by new owners in a far worse position win the league in six years

It is ridiculous to be defending them after twenty years of FOOTBALLING failure
Numerous semi and final appearances, consistent European football - compared to mid table obscurity.

While also building an infrastructure to ensure our competitiveness with the biggest clubs.

All while being self sufficient.

Fair play to Leicester, they have done well.

Not sure what that has to do with us.

Numerous semi and final appearances, consistent European football - compared to mid table obscurity.

While also building an infrastructure to ensure our competitiveness with the biggest clubs.

This post is as out of touch as Levy’s video

Levy shoulda invested in Wes Morgan & Robert Huth and spent similarly 'big' on 2nd and 3rd tier players and we would have won the league in 2015 instead(*).... I think that's how it works.

:kanehand:

(*Cheep cunt didn't even splash out some decent 'roids, FFS!)

Levy shoulda invested in Wes Morgan & Robert Huth and spent similarly 'big' on 2nd and 3rd tier players and we would have won the league in 2015 instead(*).... I think that's how it works.

:kanehand:

(*Cheep cunt didn't even splash out some decent 'roids, FFS!)
Roids haha , that’s right make us sound even more ridiculous than we already do

But "being supportive" is a nonsense buzz phrase.

As I pointed out blindly being a homer isn't being supportive, pointing out legit concerns isn't being unsupportive.

If you think being a good supporter means that you can't have a unbiased and rational discussion about things then you are clearly taking the term supporter way too literally.
Mhm i see, so if he does well how will your opinion change? I guess it will be something like "I don't give a shit, were progressing", oh but wait, you don't like arguing with people I forgot. Football without optimism is a fucking sad lonely place. You point out his flaws all you want, I will choose to use my own brain and come to my own conclusions in his time all he wants. I am sure if he does ok, alot of people will remind you of your comments. :kaneshh:

Last edited:
Mhm i see, so if he does well how will your opinion change? I guess it will be something like "I don't give a shit, were progressing", oh but wait, you doing like arguing with people I forgot. Football without optimism is a fucking sad lonely place. You point out his flaws all you want, I will choose to use my own brain and come to my own conclusions in his time all he wants. I am sure if he does ok, alot of people will remind you of your comments. :kaneshh:
I think the job is a poison chalice, but I wish him well and will happily support him. I will struggle to put the blame at his door if he fails either. Listening to that car crash video yesterday Ethan Hunt couldn’t get us top 4

I think the job is a poison chalice, but I wish him well and will happily support him. I will struggle to put the blame at his door if he fails either. Listening to that car crash video yesterday Ethan Hunt couldn’t get us top 4
That's where I am, I thinks its more important right now that Paratici gets a coach that he knows and is confident he can work with, if what Levy says is correct (don't buy he has full control of footballing matters, mainly budget), but only time will tell.

Your mission Mr Hunt if you choose to accept it , is to get Spurs top 4 next season

Ethan Hunt: Nah you’re alright, I’ll give it a miss thanks

This post is as out of touch as Levy’s video
Not out of touch, just not caught up in the current hype going through some of the fanbase.

I'm not even saying everything is great or perfect, there are many valid complaints, just offering some perspective on what Levy/ENIC have done for us.

We are an entirely different, and better club - thanks to their input.

Mhm i see, so if he does well how will your opinion change? I guess it will be something like "I don't give a shit, were progressing", oh but wait, you doing like arguing with people I forgot. Football without optimism is a fucking sad lonely place. You point out his flaws all you want, I will choose to use my own brain and come to my own conclusions in his time all he wants. I am sure if he does ok, alot of people will remind you of your comments. :kaneshh:

Great for them. How about instead of making up some nonsense narrative in your head about what I would say you just ask?

I would be happy to be proven wrong. I don’t think it’s impossible that it could work out just highly unlikely and there is nothing in his background that indicates he is close to qualified to be our manager.

It is an uninspiring hire, one that wouldn’t be made by our rivals and one that indicates we have little to no ambition.

It would be awesome if he defies the odds and has great success.

Not out of touch, just not caught up in the current hype going through some of the fanbase.

I'm not even saying everything is great or perfect, there are many valid complaints, just offering some perspective on what Levy/ENIC have done for us.

We are an entirely different, and better club - thanks to their input.
It’s not current hype , well maybe with some. However large swathes of the fan base have had massive reservations about ENIC for a very very long time

Great for them. How about instead of making up some nonsense narrative in your head about what I would say you just ask?

I would be happy to be proven wrong. I don’t think it’s impossible that it could work out just highly unlikely and there is nothing in his background that indicates he is close to qualified to be our manager.

It is an uninspiring hire, one that wouldn’t be made by our rivals and one that indicates we have little to no ambition.

It would be awesome if he defies the odds and has great success.
Our rivals? I see, so you would have been happy with Lampard or OGS? This is the hill u want to die on?

Back
Top Bottom