Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, yes & no.

The word from Levy, with his NFL obsession, is that Paratici is General Manager (or strong DoF in European terms).

In such a structure, the GM / DoF absolutely should be hiring the head coach, and the head coach reports to the GM / DoF.

But firstly, given decades long experience with the management consultant scumbags of McKinsey & Arthur Anderson (or whatever idiotic brand name they now have), I consider an obsession with management structure to be one of the biggest & most corrupt wankfests of C21st Capitalism. So I couldn't care less how the management is structured as long we have the most talented possible people in charge of coaching, scouting ,recruiting. (NB this obviously excludes Levy from any involvement.)

Secondly, I've already muttered some concerns about Paratici's history here on TFC, and I absolutely do not want our DoF to be overly close to the parasite super agents like Mendes & Raiola.

The biggest single thing that stands out in Paratici's CV is that he can do business with Raiola. Levy may regard that as a plus. I regard it as a huge red flag.

I do not want the club I've supported all my life being run by agents.
Great post, agree wholeheartedly with all of that!

Ok, so we fucked up the DoF hiring as well. At least, if you tell him to find you a manager and he comes back with this, that's the only conclusion I can find.

From Zorro to this guy...

captain caveman GIF

Let's be clear, the two biggest signings Paratici was involved in during his time at Juve were:

Matthjis de Ligt. Agent: Mino Raiola

Cristiano Ronaldo. Agent: Jorge Mendes

Those are financially insane deals with the "super agents" who move their clients from club to club in search of ever more filthy lucre.

They are not deals which enable continuity, stability, player development.

Why Levy thinks such a track record qualifies Paratici to be the Director of Football (or GM or whatever the fuck he wants to call it) of the famous Spurs is utterly beyond me.
Every person posting here would bite their arm off to sign fucking de Ligt and if they say no they're lying gooner cunts.

Double for greasy Ron.

You're just desperately stretching for something to be bitter about, at this point. I've got a wait and see attitude on Paratici, but fuck me...saying he's a bad DoF because he signed 2 of the world's best footballers for his last club is fucking mental.

Every person posting here would bite their arm off to sign fucking de Ligt and if they say no they're lying gooner cunts.

Double for greasy Ron.

You're just desperately stretching for something to be bitter about, at this point. I've got a wait and see attitude on Paratici, but fuck me...saying he's a bad DoF because he signed 2 of the world's best footballers for his last club is fucking mental.
He might be ok with players but his 2 managerial appointments after Morotta left Juve were Sarri and Pirlo. His 2 suggestions here seem to have been Fonseca and Gattusso. He clearly cant spot a coach for shit, just seems to be an old boys network limited to Serie a.

Double for greasy Ron.

Once de Ligt had signed for Raiola, there was no way on earth we could afford to buy him.

And no way we should have bought him given Raiola always takes a huge cut, and moves his players on every couple of years for financial, not footballing, reasons.

As for Ronaldo, he destroyed any chance Pirlo had of building a team with work ethic.

Once de Ligt had signed for Raiola, there was no way on earth we could afford to buy him.

And no way we should have bought him given Raiola alawys takes a huge cut, and moves his players on every couple of years for financial, not footballing, reasons.

As for Ronaldo, he destroyed any chance Pirlo had of building a team with work ethic.
Jesus fucking christ what a horrible DoF you'd make.

Double for greasy Ron.

We probably could have signed De Lijt drom Ajax 3 or 4 years ago. We went for Davinson Sanchez instead.

He might be ok with players but his 2 managerial appointments after Morotta left Juve were Sarri and Pirlo. His 2 suggestions here seem to have been Fonseca and Gattusso. He clearly cant spot a coach for shit, just seems to be an old boys network limited to Serie a.
But the post wasn't "he's a shit DoF, look at his managerial appointments" it was "he signed 2 of the best footballers in Europe, what a mug!"

Double for greasy Ron.

There is zero percent chance we are making those deals though.

He didn't use some magic scouting to bring them in he paid the most money, more than we are even close to spending, to bring them in.

There is zero percent chance we are making those deals though.

He didn't use some magic scouting to bring them in he paid the most money, more than we are even close to spending, to bring them in.
It doesn't matter how he made it happen. Or why. The post held up the mere fact that Paratici signed 2 of the best footballers in the world as proof he was a shit DoF. It was possibly the stupidest string of words ever put together on TFC. And thats a high bar to clear.

Back
Top Bottom