Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Levy has been talking about the Spurs DNA in his search for a manger to fit the Spurs DNA profile….and the go for Nagelsmann to Flick to Rodgers to Conte to Pochettino to Lopetegui to Ten Hag to Fonseca to Gattuso to Nuno to Potter to Gerrard…

Never has any club's DNA mutated so much, so fast in the history of any club in the whole world…and it’s still not over…
In Levy's case, DNA stands for Do Not Achieve.

Mourinho was available and we snapped him up. Can't compare the current situation, though. There's something different about it. It almost feels like what Brian Fantana Brian Fantana said: it looks like all this looking for a manager after the Conte talks broke down is just delay tactics to get Poch back. Either the club knows something is brewing behind the scenes and is just waiting for it to play out so we can get Poch (I hope that's the case), or they're putting all their money on double zero and praying.

All that being said, even though I want to see Poch back at Spurs, the idea of Potter still does intrigue me to the point that I would choose him over Poch right now.
Fair play if that’s the case. However, I’m not convinced that Poch coming back will be the answer to our problems nor his. He’s a gifted manager no doubt, but he’ll still be working with Levy, and he’ll still have to coach Winks, a declined Dele, and even worse players like Doc!

It’s all too depressing to be honest.

It just brought back memories of being trolled by the Dulux dog, I thought that was bad enough
sad don't forget GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

At this point I’d welcome Emma Hayes . Simply because it would put an end to this circus.

But further to that benefit I don’t subscribe to the tenet that just because women can’t compete with men on the field (generally at the top level), that they can’t hold their own on the touch line. To equate playing with managing is ridiculous. We all know that it’s VERY rare for a top player to make a top manager.

I really cannot see any reason why a female should not have all the relevant skills required to be a first class coach and or manager.

If the best candidate happens to have xx chromosomes then I say bring it on.

I’ve absolutely no idea if Emma Hayes has the necessary professional and personal (not biological) attributes, but if she does, the fact she’s a woman is not of concern to me.
Denise Coates for example

Problem with Hassenhuttl is that he won't adapt his style of play at all, or at least that's the impression I'm left with based on his time at Southampton. Abolitionists tend to fizzle out.
Yes he has flaws and he’s far from ideal, but look at the shit options we’re left to choose from. I think he’s the best from that average bunch. His Southampton team played good football until the wheels fell off after that 9-0 defeat. Maybe with better players his tactics won’t be as exposed.

Yeah that’s her!
At first I thought wtf is this, but honestly she is decent
on co-comms compared to the other token bints they use

why not? We are a meme, already a laughing stock. Why not chuck her the keys for a laugh, got to be better than that bearded creep from Wolves

At first I thought wtf is this, but honestly she is decent
on co-comms compared to the other token bints they use

why not? We are a meme, already a laughing stock. Why not chuck her the keys for a laugh, got to be better than that bearded creep from Wolves
Derek Dougan?

Cant have hassenhutl. Particularly losing 9 nil twice. This fiasco surely has to rubber stamp levy to sell up. End of the cycle. Hes just staying for sentiment now and still thinks can outsmart other chairman. Time to go levy. Said this about 15 years ago.

Please don’t tell me people are sounding out Emma Hayes? Good PR? Errrr no, it would be a total disaster and the club would be ripped to shreds even more than it is now. Imagine trying to convince Harry Kane to stay and play under Emma Hayes. I mean ffs, have people lost their mind ? Women’s football is women’s football , end of story. Would men play against Women in a Wimbledon final in tennis ? No. PC Bolloks gone bonkers. If this ridiculous idea would ever to occur, Emma Hayes would have to start in the lower depths of league football and certainly shouldn’t be suddenly propelled into the biggest league in the world just because she manages chelsea women. Thankfully, even for someone as incompetent as Daniel Levy, even he’s not stupid enough to do this. I know we are desperate and this managerial situation is a shambles, but fuck me Emma Hayes, really ? Nothing against her personally, as she’s fantastic for the women’s game and a great role model. Managing men’s football in the premier league ? Just No
It's just a discussion. I don't think anyone seriously believes it's going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom