Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
He's nuts. He can't see why he fails, it's always other people's fault.

Any manager who has experience in the men's top flight. Even fat Sam Apr Woy. Because they won't have to deal with the spot light or overcoming any barriers.
It's utter insanity to suggest testing this out at a premier league club.
This is the sort of thing that will be tried in in a 3rd tier Dutch team, not the English PL.
Surely someone who has tried and repeatedly failed in the PL is less likely to be successful than someone who has been successful outside the PL? Such a lack of diverse thinking… if fat Sam or that granny Hodgson got it, I would exit my support

Depends if you think sexism is poor mental health.

I don't think anyone here has said they want her to take the job except Zomb just now. Everyone who shared their views was simply saying it wasn't crazy, because you were saying it was.

Far as anyone can tell, your only argument was that it was crazy and we should 'get real'.

Haven't heard a single decent argument against it. Would be very interested to, though. If you have one, I mean. I get the impression you aren't really thinking about it, just reacting emotionally.

Oh fuck off. Seriously, fucking fuck off trying to be some anti sexism warrior.

Just fuck off. Ignore me if you don't like it. I'd rather that than have to keep fucking responding to twats like you.

Surely someone who has tried and repeatedly failed in the PL is less likely to be successful than someone who has been successful outside the PL? Such a lack of diverse thinking… if fat Sam or that granny Hodgson got it, I would exit my support
Woy and Sam have achieved many of the objectives they set out to achieve.

I have tried to understand the choas going on with the manager search and it eludes me. But you can make some assumptions. Start with Mourinho being fired. Whether the firing or the timing was right is almost beside the point. An organization must always do due diligence on a list of candidates and their availability even if they have no intent to make a change. So you can infer disorganization but also some degree of over confidence in that it appears Spurs just assumed elite managers would want to take the job on Spurs terms. And what were those terms? You have to think Levy and the board when asked substantive questions about how much money would be available for transfers and how much authority the manager would have said, more or less, "Trust us we'll work that out." Is that because they don't want to spend or they can't spend? I'm guessing some of both. Then there's the odd timing of the Paratici appointment followed almost immediately by the strange interview with Levy. It says (at least to me) on the one hand some control must have been released to Paratici but undercuts that idea with an interview that puts the spotlight back onto Levy. Then you get the bothched hiring of Fonseca and the near hiring of Gattuso without researching (apparently) his public statements. Again, organizational incompetence, but also now you get the idea that Paratici really doesn't have the authority to hire who he wants for the job. Beyond that, if you take Levy's interview at face value you have to think he and Paratici aren't on the same page as to the style of football they want Spurs to play because of the defense-oriented names they came close to hiring. So what to make of that? Could it be Paratici was forced on Levy? If so, by who? The board? Are the constant leaks a sign of some sort of organizational struggle where one side or other is disclosing names and details to undercut the other? And how much of what the organization planned to be able to do financially was tied up in the Super League plans? I say all this by way of saying that we can look at what's happening as a comedy of errors or incompetence but there's probably some strand of logic running through these events that explains them. My guesses: Finances are worse than understood. The organization is divided and there's a power struggle going on involving Levy. Paratici doesn't have the authority his title implies. Jorge Mendes has for some reason been granted an unusual amount of influence within the organization for reasons I can't fathom. Bottom line, there will be a face saving hiring that Levy and Paratici can come together on after the Euro championships are over and it may be one of the national coaches. Oh, and none of this will end well.

How much more crap are we going to take from levy. No money to spend on transfers a few years back for 18 months. Late stadium. Haggling over nominal fees in transfer markets and this latest crap hiring a manager. Actually think poch wants to come back to win something for the fans as hes a humble bloke. I really dont give a shit about nfl and concerts at tottenham. Just same old levy putting the fans through shit year after year.

Back
Top Bottom