Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what permanently banning people will lead to, more users trying to re-register.

There's more to it than just using a VPN. I'm sure plenty will slip through the checks but eventually it will become obvious who they are/were.

So they either sign up again and continue acting the same way and get banned again, or they sign up again and act differently.

Win-win.
Could you ever set up notifications for iOS?

Could you ever set up notifications for iOS?
Still the same, I think. Apple not adopting the standard that everyone else is and not supporting push notifications.

The forum software developers can't get it to work on iOS.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about the way the forum operates currently. Would there be any mileage in creating a kind of 'democratic' system where people were sanctioned according to the number of foul votes they were given by other members?

It would certainly take the heavy weight of responsibility from the shoulders of Admin, who currently has to wield the banhammer from his lonely position in the cloud. Self-policing could work, you know. Give it a try?

Would also mark this forum out from other, run of the mill operations, like SC, and probably attract a more sophisticated type of person.

I was just thinking about the way the forum operates currently. Would there be any mileage in creating a kind of 'democratic' system where people were sanctioned according to the number of foul votes they were given by other members?

It would certainly take the heavy weight of responsibility from the shoulders of Admin, who currently has to wield the banhammer from his lonely position in the cloud. Self-policing could work, you know. Give it a try?

Would also mark this forum out from other, run of the mill operations, like SC, and probably attract a more sophisticated type of person.
That is an incredibly awful idea. Of course the joke may have gone over me heady.

I‘m not sure if it’s possible, but what about some kind of separate account/admin for starting the match threads? More and more lately I’ve seen that people haven’t been able to see threads because they’ve got the thread starter on ignore so a system/admin/account just for starting the match threads would enable everyone to see them. It would also mean the threads could be started with sensible titles that give the information people need like the date, time and tv channel. Some of the threads we’ve seen lately are just moronic.
It’s happened a few times to me in the last couple of months and it’s very frustrating as the match threads are one of the best bits about the forum. The way the current system works I would have to take theat person off my ignore list to be able to see the thread, but then the rest of the forum experience is ruined because all of their posts show up.
I've set up a list of the top 20 "Most Ignored" users on the site (which I'm sure will provide much amusement). So if anyone on that list creates a match thread, I'll change it, if asked to.

SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs , this answer your question in the England v Denmark thread.

I've set up a list of the top 20 "Most Ignored" users on the site (which I'm sure will provide much amusement). So if anyone on that list creates a match thread, I'll change it, if asked to.

SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs , this answer your question in the England v Denmark thread.
Interesting list.

Funnily enough almost all of those are on my list too...😆

Fair enough about the thread I asked to be changed. 👍🏻

😭😭😭😭😭😭

That’s ok. I get to chat to the people who enjoy chatting with me, and I hadn’t noticed anything in terms of being ignored, so it’s hardly affected anything :)
No One Page GIF

:troll:

Back
Top Bottom