Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, but what if you've totally lost faith in their decision making ability after so many duffers?
Yep I agree its difficult if you have lost faith after the duffers we have had but then I look at other clubs and they have the duffers too. City, Utd and Chelsea are a bit apart from the shear amount of money they can constantly throw at the problem although Utd and Chelsea have struggled picking good managers. Leicester (in my opinion) got lucky with Ranieri and a team playing well with no injuries for a season, then struggled before settling on Rodgers who is good. Liverpool did well with Klopp and Rodgers but have also got it wrong with Hodgson. Woolwich have not been great for 10 years, Everton not got it particularly right yet.

If we were run more like Juve then the appointment would be a better fit. But we are not run like Juve. We do not spend the wages they do, we do not have the pull that they do. Maybe he totally changes the way he operates and fits in but looking at his history there is nothing there that indicates he will be a success here. There are no positives in his background or in his actions since coming here that indicate he is a good fit or will be a success and plenty of red flags indicating the opposite.

I "singled them out" because they were mentioned as 3 targets. Nagelsmann and Poch were not targets when Paratici was here that was prior to him, we are talking about Paratici here not the whole search overall, which has its own issues.

Based on his past hires I would say Nuno being his choice is a negative for Nuno in my view.
We don't spend the wages of Juve and won't and we don't have that pull.

I take your point about those 3 managers being the targets when Paratici was appointed but the constraints he would have been working under would have been the same as before - financially speaking so I do think the others are comparable.

I was thinking of Rangnick when I mentioned Paratici being in the top 3 DoF's and forgot about Campos. I can only assume they were looked at and like other posters have said didn't want to come or on closer inspection didn't appeal as much. I was to be honest a bit underwhelmed with Paratici but as I said I have never followed closely what he has done and I think in the very short time since being here has got as a manager he wants to work with, lets see how that pans out.

Yes Leicester, Dortmund and others are very well run clubs whoa re all doing something right. We were for a little while too but in my opinion jumped too far ahead too quickly and forgot what got us there in the first place - buying good young prospects. Now we can hopefully start this again.

Yep I agree its difficult if you have lost faith after the duffers we have had but then I look at other clubs and they have the duffers too. City, Utd and Chelsea are a bit apart from the shear amount of money they can constantly throw at the problem although Utd and Chelsea have struggled picking good managers. Leicester (in my opinion) got lucky with Ranieri and a team playing well with no injuries for a season, then struggled before settling on Rodgers who is good. Liverpool did well with Klopp and Rodgers but have also got it wrong with Hodgson. Woolwich have not been great for 10 years, Everton not got it particularly right yet.
Yeah, I'm not expecting perfect, just not things that are obviously idiotic happening every two minutes.

It's like looking after a toddler, you turn your back for a second and they've done something monumentally stupid, again... (Toddlers can be excused obviously, Spurs, not so much).

I'm in 'show me' mode as far as Spurs are concerned. Going to take a lot from their side to restore any faith for me. On the face of it I support the DOF model and the DOF choosing the manager, it's just got off to an horrendous start from my perspective.

Yeah, I'm not expecting perfect, just not things that are obviously idiotic happening every two minutes.

It's like looking after a toddler, you turn your back for a second and they've done something monumentally stupid, again... (Toddlers can be excused obviously, Spurs, not so much).

I'm in 'show me' mode as far as Spurs are concerned. Going to take a lot from their side to restore any faith for me. On the face of it I support the DOF model and the DOF choosing the manager, it's just got off to an horrendous start from my perspective.
I'm sure they're really feeling the pressure to prove themselves to you...

I came on here for a checkup on how he's doing and it's 3 pages of everyone and their dog arguing with Igula.

I'll re-post this for easy reference:

never-argue-with-stupid-people-mark-twain.jpg

Ten Hag turned Spurs down as decided to stay at Ajax. I would have had him too but early on he became a non starter.

Yep I like Rangnick but like many times in the past he gets linked with jobs outside Germany but never seems to actually take one, very strange. Campos already rejected Spurs when his mate Jose was here so again that was not an option now.

Agree about following the Ajax and Dortmund models, that is the best we can ever hope for whilst miserly Levy and Lewis are control of the club

Well you've made that up, for a start.

Well you've made that up, for a start.

I'm just going by what he said at the time he extended his contract at Ajax. It's nothing against us, maybe he felt the job was too much for him at this time and he felt safe staying at Ajax. It was widely reported that Levy spoke to ETH so the interest was there.

Speaking to Ajax's official website about speculation linking him a move elsewhere given the success he has enjoyed with the Dutch giants, Ten Hag has stated that he is happy at his current club.

“I don't want to rule out that that could have happened, but I know what I have here." he explained.

"I know who I am working with, I know what the ideas are, I know what goals we have. I’m happy here."

He added: "I'm busy with where I am at, that's at Ajax, that's where my head and heart are at.

"You know what it is like with outside of football rumour...it tells you that we're doing good work at Ajax.

"Then interest comes for the players, but also for the coaches."

Ajax director of football Marc Overmars also spoke about ten Hag's decision to sign a new contract and claimed that there was serious interest in him from a number of clubs.

"There were definitely a few clubs who were serious about it," said the former Premier League star.

"But who Erik is working with is very important to him and also that he sees that there is still room for growth in the team, otherwise it's not worth it."

Paratici's waste of time Interview..........................

That is a good thing to hear.

We should get Harry to talk to RSol about being loved. (that video of the guy calling him out and him almost getting punchy really makes you see how long the suffering will have to be endured, who'd swap money for loathing?)*

* Someone should cover Dire Straits' with a version for RSol copping stick over the past 2 decades. 'Money for loathing' (and you suck dicks for free).

Happy to start a Patreon or whatever...

That is a good thing to hear.

We should get Harry to talk to RSol about being loved. (that video of the guy calling him out and him almost getting punchy really makes you see how long the suffering will have to be endured, who'd swap money for loathing?)*

* Someone should cover Dire Straits' with a version for RSol copping stick over the past 2 decades. 'Money for loathing' (and you suck dicks for free).

Happy to start a Patreon or whatever...
Even if he went to Chelsea for 200M, it wouldn’t be anywhere near comparable to what they horrendous leach did and Kane wouldn’t get 5% of the stick that she does

Even if he went to Chelsea for 200M, it wouldn’t be anywhere near comparable to what they horrendous leach did and Kane wouldn’t get 5% of the stick that she does
if instead of signing his contract extension, he had come out publicly and said he needs to understand the clubs ambition before signing, then got his agents to plant stories about PSG and Real Madrid wanting him for 200 million if he doesn't sign then winds down his contract to go to fucking Woolwich on a free that he had secretly agreed 6 months before ...we'd be in the same sort of ball park

Back
Top Bottom