England V Denmark Semi Final Wembley Wednesday 7th July 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

England were the better side and deserved to win the game.

Managed ET really maturely too.

Fair play to all the decent England fans and even as an Irishman I'm Spurs first, I desperately want to see Kane lift it on Sunday.

I will just say - never a pen -outrageous dive from Sterling.

Bitter? I’m the only one of us who isn’t hurling abuse at the other.
"I'm not bitter I swear!"

tenor.gif

As much as I moaned in the second half of extra time, and I am generally a miserable bastard, the way we knocked it around for the last 5 or so minutes was outstanding. Exactly the type of thing we simply weren't capable of doing for so many years.

Main issue England have in the final is a few of our players like Walker and Rice don’t always look comfortable being pressed. Italy as we have seen can press, although the question for Italy is if they press if opens it up for Sterling and Saka on the counter.

Not quite. He reads the defensive side well but he is still a bit naive. England’s main issue is that both Philips and Rice are not bad technically but England don’t have a brilliant midfielder like Scholes or Gerrard.
Apart from Grealish

let him start on Sunday

Main issue England have in the final is a few of our players like Walker and Rice don’t always look comfortable being pressed. Italy as we have seen can press, although the question for Italy is if they press if opens it up for Sterling and Saka on the counter.

Walker was outstanding tonight regardless. You're not wrong in what you say though.

And can they do it for 90 mins?

Denmark couldn’t and only one winner in the end

England were the better side and deserved to win the game.

Managed ET really maturely too.

Fair play to all the decent England fans and even as an Irishman I'm Spurs first, I desperately want to see Kane lift it on Sunday.

I will just say - never a pen -outrageous dive from Sterling.

Looking again at the pen, I would say their was probably minimal contact but I think it’s harsh to give a pen and Sterling for me ‘’won’’ it. It’s more like one of the letter of the law, like Sissoko in the CL final.

Back
Top Bottom