****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Far less ego's in the team than in the past, which obviously helps. Southgate has no ego and that has clearly rubbed off on his players.

Plus our captain is the ultimate professional and they all look up to him. He has such an influence on players like Grealish, the one's that had shown immaturity in the past.

Rice loves him too......

I have Italian family. Apparently Donnarumma is a Saint. I am not sure if it is a joke or he has literally been made a saint but I I have been sent dozens of photos of him in Saint form. They are very confident of beating us btw.
As an aside, based on what my family tell me and whenever I have been to Italy, English culture, including football culture, is very popular in Italy. So we may be playing the one country who doesn't hate us.

Mancini has done a great job putting this Italian team together that plays very watchable attacking football. However England overall have better players and a deeper squad. On the day it's all about bottle and who can perform well enough to win. If our players turn up we can win this comfortably, I'm talking 3 or 4-1

The big question is though, can our boys handle the occasion

2 words:

STUFFED CRUST!

:adestare:

Best ever for me was a Calzone in Kotor, it was just sensational, big thing, they didn't tell me when I ordered it was buy one get one free, ate both!

Came with a sour cream dip that was crazy good.

We are food culture vultures in the UK, for sure.

I have Italian family. Apparently Donnarumma is a Saint. I am not sure if it is a joke or he has literally been made a saint but I I have been sent dozens of photos of him in Saint form. They are very confident of beating us btw.
As an aside, based on what my family tell me and whenever I have been to Italy, English culture, including football culture, is very popular in Italy. So we may be playing the one country who doesn't hate us.
British culture is esteemed all over Europe. Germany is one of the most anglophile out of the lot.

Every country has a Daily Mail, and hate-bating twitter accounts that would like you to believe we should all fucking despise each other but most normal people aren't angry enough to hate a whole country.

I think it's most likely the travelling English fans that give us a bad reputation.

We have similar colonial pasts, someone at work was saying yesterday "how come we are soo ashamed, yet they dress as Romans and it's seen as cutesy?".

There are similarities, like all Italian women love me, and English women...

British culture is esteemed all over Europe. Germany is one of the most anglophile out of the lot.

Every country has a Daily Mail, and hate-bating twitter accounts that would like you to believe we should all fucking despise each other but most normal people aren't angry enough to hate a whole country.

I think it's most likely the travelling English fans that give us a bad reputation.

Yeh that is one unfortunately thing, Twitter is great for quick info but it’s worse than Facebook, millions of times worse than Facebook for hate and trolls. It’s a tool of division, to be honest the comments should be turned off, so that the useful quick info part can still remain but the hate below the caption removed.

Yeh that is one unfortunately thing, Twitter is great for quick info but it’s worse than Facebook, millions of times worse than Facebook for hate and trolls. It’s a tool of division, to be honest the comments should be turned off, so that the useful quick info part can still remain but the hate below the caption removed.
I

I honestly cant see british culture esteemed all over europe. Maybe i missed it now

I am still out of love with internationals, and will always be. All this bolloocks of southy being knighted or at least OBE or some such thing WHY? all he does is manage a football team for fucks sake, Knighted for that? beggars beliefe.
and southy saying about wartime time spirit its a fucking football game not ww3, talk about going over the top, he was no where near being born even when the war ended, so what would he know about wartime spirit? In fact it would be a pretty fair to say that most people now on this planet were not born even at the end of the war, most not all. No one has ever mentioned about if we loose, and to be very honest I will laugh my head off, if we did because they way people are behaving its being taken as almost a God given right we will win, maybe we will I hope we do but sure as hell wont be the end of the world if we loose, but no doubt it will be for some hardcore england fans.
No wonder the fans sing that ridiculous chant 2 world wars 1 world cup when the manager is coming out and saying things like that.

I don't really get this notion that we were always going to go out when we come up against a decent team. I've heard others say it. But why?
I think it's just years and years of pre conditioning from the fact that in tournaments gone by, every time we've come up against someone half decent, they've knocked us out.

We're always told we've got a chance but up until this tournament we've never really beaten top sides in past tournaments so I think we just expect more of the same.

This time is different though.

Germany and Denmark were better sides than anyone we beat at the last world cup.

No its wankers like Farage and Johnson that give us that reputation.

I am still out of love with internationals, and will always be. All this bolloocks of southy being knighted or at least OBE or some such thing WHY? all he does is manage a football team for fucks sake, Knighted for that? beggars beliefe.
and southy saying about wartime time spirit its a fucking football game not ww3, talk about going over the top, he was no where near being born even when the war ended, so what would he know about wartime spirit? In fact it would be a pretty fair to say that most people now on this planet were not born even at the end of the war, most not all. No one has ever mentioned about if we loose, and to be very honest I will laugh my head off, if we did because they way people are behaving its being taken as almost a God given right we will win, maybe we will I hope we do but sure as hell wont be the end of the world if we loose, but no doubt it will be for some hardcore england fans.
Stop being such a miserable ####

WTF is it with some people in this thread determined to try and take the buzz away from everyone else who's excited.

Back
Top Bottom