****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't blame Saka for the 5th. As soon as I saw it was him, I yelled dear god.

He was beyond horrendous the entire game. Should have been subbed.
I agree, the nerves clearly got to him in normal time, how the fuck someone didn't step up in front of him to take it. I have more issues with people like Grealish who didn't fancy it, and let some kid go and take on instead. Surely Henderson should have stayed on to take one, he is one of the most experienced players and a leader in the group.

They deserved to win it but we had such a good opportunity. Southgate waited a bit too long for the subs.
I knew Rashford was going to miss it with his silly run up. Just run up and smash it in the net.
I shouldn't be digging out the players but Saka was appalling, one of the worst performances by any player. He should have been subbed at extra time. I can't believe he let anywhere near penalties. He was in way over his head.
Rashford pens look gash. Saka was poor and sterling disappeared

I agree, the nerves clearly got to him in normal time, how the fuck someone didn't step up in front of him to take it. I have more issues with people like Grealish who didn't fancy it, and let some kid go and take on instead. Surely Henderson should have stayed on to take one, he is one of the most experienced players and a leader in the group.
Not for me

I wouldn’t have brought the gobby cunt on in the first place

I bet Kane, after Schmeichel saved his "clever" penalty, spent all week after training smashing it low and hard, bottom left hand corner where a tall keeper is least likely to get it.

Slabhead also had a plan, to smash it high, which is riskier than Kane's technique, but at least it's decisive.

But the others, for all the talk of practice, seemed to make it up as they went along.

Henderson is a wanker, but an experienced club captain wanker. And for me, you want a player with that kind of experience taking pens, not teenagers who - esp in poor Saka's case - looked nervous and overwhelmed by the magnitude of it all.
This

We haven't played well in this tournament. We have been solid that's all. Gary has got away with criticism because we got the results despite the performances
Tonight was just like watching Spurs of last season play. Very negative, sat back for large portions of the game inviting pressure, whilst creating very little going forwards.

We paid the price for playing negatively. We lost the game in the second half.

Back
Top Bottom