Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all a bit of a mess.

Bazali Bazali , this is the post that's caused the confusion. Can you see how we've taken it the way we have? Hopefully just a misunderstanding on your part.

I'm closing this thread for now.

A reminder that this is a Spurs forum. You all choose to come here and discuss these topics. I will (and have) banned people who, in my opinion, overstep the mark.

Just to clarify, I've spoken with Bazali Bazali and Incomplete_usernam Incomplete_usernam and they've also messaged each other.

A misunderstanding over the post being quoted and what message was being replied to.

I'll still leave the thread closed for now. I would like to reopen it again at some point as this is obviously an important topic and discussion is always good.

I've opened the thread again.

I think it's pretty obvious to most who come on here to discuss topics other than Spurs that there are clear divides and people fall into groups with those who's views align with their own. For years we've seen this tit-for-tat, goading, attempted point-scoring. The same names, cropping up in the same discussions. There are people on here who are clearly never going to get along... about anything!

Eventually, you just have to accept you aren't going to change some people's views, especially in this setting. If you feel strongly enough about these topics, I'd suggest your time is probably best spent elsewhere, fighting for what you believe in. The non-Spurs related areas of a Spurs internet forum probably isn't the most effective place for it and I don't need the hassle of moderating it. This is not why I created the site and it would be easy for me to simply close everything other than the main Spurs forum.

These are important topics though and we should be able to discuss them. Please just try and be open and accepting of another person's perspective, as long as it is being presented to you amicably. You don't have to agree.

If this, or any other thread, starts to descend into the type of "discussion" we've seen over the last few pages, I'll just close it again.

I've opened the thread again.

I think it's pretty clear to most who come on here to discuss topics other than Spurs that there are clear divides and people fall into groups with those who's views align with their own. For years we've seen this tit-for-tat, goading, attempted point-scoring. The same names, cropping up in the same discussions. There are people on here who are clearly never going to get along... about anything!

Eventually, you just have to accept you aren't going to change some people's views, especially in this setting. If you feel strongly enough about these topics, I'd suggest your time is probably best spent elsewhere, fighting for what you believe in. The non-Spurs related areas of a Spurs internet forum probably isn't the most effective place for it and I don't need the hassle of moderating it. This is not why I created the site and it would be easy for me to simply close everything other than the main Spurs forum.

These are important topics though and we should be able to discuss them. Please just try and be open and accepting of another person's perspective, as long as it is being presented to you amicably. You don't have to agree.

If this, or any other thread, starts to descend into the type of "discussion" we've seen over the last few pages, I'll just close it again.
You, sir is a prince among peons

mL96aY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom