Gylfi Sigurðsson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope it's not true.

Not sure what the answer is to underage kids in bars and clubs. From one persepective it's good to have exposure to it, as long as it's managed. We were drinking cans of warm beer outside people's houses at 13, and in pubs at 15, didn't do any harm.

...there’s no way an adult bloke wouldn’t be able to see the child like ways of a 14 year old even having a brief conversation. They may look “old enough” but they will still behave like 14 year olds....
I agree with this though. Virtually zero chance you wouldn't realise once you started talking.

Also odd....PL millionaire footballer....pretty sure you can go out every night of the year and pull hot women. Not a good look to be in this situation...

Guilty or not his career and public life is pretty much over

Why all this talk about underage teenagers in clubs and bars? I heard the arrest was about explicit messages being sent to someone underage. Is there more I haven't seen?

Back in 2010 I had a thing with a girl who told me she was 18, and I had no reason at all to not believe her, But she was actually just turning 16 when we first got together and had only just left school, and that made me 8 years older than her. My point being, nobody in the right mind is going to ask a girl to prove her age when they meet. That's just not realistic. And with a bit of make up and the right clothes, they can oh so easily look a good few years older than they might actually be. If a girl admittedly lies about her age then I don't see how the guy is in the wrong. She then even tried to blackmail me to stay in the relationship for a short while because as soon as I found I obviously wanted to gtfo.

When I'm at the university the first year undergraduates look about 12 to me, to be honest.

Definitely not buying that 14 year olds can be mistaken for being in their mid-twenties so easily.
I'm early 30s and teach at a university - my first year undergraduates look like children to me: they pretty much are children! You can't mix it up if you talk to them for longer than five seconds.

I withhold judgment on the player until we know much more about the case. Very sorry for him if he's innocent - if guilty deserves whatever is thrown his way.

Back in 2010 I had a thing with a girl who told me she was 18, and I had no reason at all to not believe her, But she was actually just turning 16 when we first got together and had only just left school, and that made me 8 years older than her. My point being, nobody in the right mind is going to ask a girl to prove her age when they meet. That's just not realistic. And with a bit of make up and the right clothes, they can oh so easily look a good few years older than they might actually be. If a girl admittedly lies about her age then I don't see how the guy is in the wrong. She then even tried to blackmail me to stay in the relationship for a short while because as soon as I found I obviously wanted to gtfo.
But it's not about 'proving' age - any half-decent conversation will suggest their approximate real age. Not a reflection on your good self. I don't like to rush to judgment either, I just struggle to see how you can mix something like that up, knowing someone's age is pretty basic in most relationships (of different types).

I'm early 30s and teach at a university - my first year undergraduates look like children to me: they pretty much are children! You can't mix it up if you talk to them for longer than five seconds.

I withhold judgment on the player until we know much more about the case. Very sorry for him if he's innocent - if guilty deserves whatever is thrown his way.
I was like that when a few glamour models were at a film premier i was working about 15 years back.One in particular looked very young.Never looked at her in the same light after that
EDIT
Just googled the film,it was 18 years ago.

But it's not about 'proving' age - any half-decent conversation will suggest their approximate real age. Not a reflection on your good self. I don't like to rush to judgment either, I just struggle to see how you can mix something like that up, knowing someone's age is pretty basic in most relationships (of different types).

Well it was a long distance thing, so it's not like I also knew her friends and could easily work it out or anything. Basically saw each other at a gig, got talking, and it went from there. Maybe I was a bit gullible, it certainly made me weary after, that's for sure!

But isn't it a turn-off to get something started with a 18 years old girl when you are 26? I mean with that age gap you are in different stages of life which is always a difficult foundation for a relationship.

Back
Top Bottom