Gylfi Sigurðsson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope we give him more time. He has been very unlucky so far and if we learned anything from the Bale years, that would be not to write off anyone too quickly.
I think he's got the capability to be a star, he just needs a bit of luck to kick start his career with us again.

forgive me for sounding blunt, but have you been to a night club in your life and do you really ask the women you come across for ID?

seriously....

I mean maybe I'm the one out of touch here as I haven't been clubbing since the late 90's but this is all theory isn't it?
I used to be so chuffed if they returned my converstion with more than 2 words,and the second one not being off, i would never have risked ruining it by asking for ID...

Last edited:
Surprised anyone is slagging Gylfi at the moment as, IMO, he's been one of our best performers over the last few games.

Genuinely impressed with his workrate on the left, which I wasn't sure he had in him, and of course his crossing and general "final ball" delivery have always been decent. Think he's a genuine threat, and has probably forced himself into our best XI (for now).

Think he'll score and create more as he gets more games, but he's certainly not a van der Vaart-esque number 10, so if you judge him against those criteria, he will always come up short.

So he got a goal. Still a sell for me. Recoup what we can. Invest elsewhere. He seems to have a bit of an attitude/self of entitlement attitude as well.

What makes you say that? Seems like one of the happiest and most mild mannered guys in the squad. I've never seen him looked bothered even though he's been shuffled in and out of favor as much as anyone in the last two years. His play certainly can be questioned but he always seemed great in terms of attitude to me, works hard, seems genial, etc.

Or what about the fact that he's married and his wife is currently pregnant with his baby?!

The guy is scum, even if he's not a nonce. We shouldn't just pretend he's anything else because he played for us for a couple of seasons which is what some people seem to be doing to an extent.

240px-Grant_Wood_-_American_Gothic_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

I never wanted to see a player score hat trick as much as I did today, he really deserved it. I'm so happy for him, It seems he will be able to express himself more this season now that we don't have Bale. I hope this is the start to what will become a brilliant season for Gilf

Iceland's coach Lagerback just answered a question on swedish television. (He's a pundit at our PL/CL channel)
- Who takes the penalties for Iceland? (This just after Sigthorsson missed one against Barca)
- Gylfi.
- Why?
- He plays for Tottenham.

:chicco:

Back
Top Bottom