Gylfi Sigurðsson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think he is a real confidence player and has regained some form since the trust shown in him by AVB has proven not to be temporary. THAT is the player we bought and were overjoyed to have beaten Liverpool to his signature. His outside the box shooting is insane when he's on song! Just got to get behind him and it shouldn't be too difficult to enjoy, I don't think.

I'm a huge Siggy fan. I still haven't seen anything other than his goal contributions to make him a top player on our team. I think when everyone is on their game, our LW or LB is our weakest position. Rose was justifying being number one before the injury. If he can continue after the injury, he will be fine at LB. Siggy is fine at LW. Don't get too high on him, because when the goals stop coming it will such a fall. He is a good player, and a very good goal scorer. He isn't a magic passer and I think is far away from a world class LW. He works extremely hard, has a rocket of a shot, and his middle name is Thor. I love the man, I don't want to see him go through a dry spell and everyone go right back on him. Don't get too high, don't get too low.

Love Lennon but Gylfi has to start ahead of him. Chadli third option. Dont know why we got chadli exactly but hindsight is 20/20 as they say. Hope Chadli finds his form but i cant see him wanting to be 3rd string. anyone know if he can play CAM, Striker or on the right? still cant really tell from his performances for us.

I think Chadli can play striker as well, but more importantly I definitely don't see him as the 3rd choice on the left. He has so many qualities we can benefit from. He's big and strong, and can receive long balls from RCB to open up play, he's got excellent technique - against Woolwich he made some beautiful dribbles and connected well with Dembele at times. His biggest flaw in any match i've seen him play for us is a tendency to sort of disappear on his flank, i.e. not come down to meet with LB or in to connect with the striker. I'd say he has just as good a shot as Siggy as well, and though not as quick as Lennon, he's certainly got good pace and seems more explosive than Siggy to me.

Give it a bit of time, he'll come good :)

I think one thing to note with Sigurdsson is he really doesnt offer much width, and so absolutely needs a FB behind him like Rose to offer the overlap and afford Sigurdsson the freedom to come inside.

I thought he was doing well in front of Rose, its no surprise he has become annonymous in front of Naughton IMO.

The more I watch him play, the more I see him as a long-term Rafa replacement. The key things he currently lacks are the low centre of gravity, the divine touch and dribbling skills, and the quick decision-making of VDV. I really hope AVB invests a lot of time and effort into helping him work on these areas because I think the latter two can be addressed through coaching, while the technical quality he brings to the side just can't be taught.

The more I watch him play, the more I see him as a long-term Rafa replacement. The key things he currently lacks are the low centre of gravity, the divine touch and dribbling skills, and the quick decision-making of VDV. I really hope AVB invests a lot of time and effort into helping him work on these areas because I think the latter two can be addressed through coaching, while the technical quality he brings to the side just can't be taught.

I think he has great dribbling skills. It's not very easy to utilise against fullbacks who are more explosive than himself though.

I Like Siggy! Sure not the most gifted player, but he varies his game and always plays with his head up and is an un-selfish player! Great squad player and I never feel uneasy when he gets game time!

COYS!!

I Like Siggy! Sure not the most gifted player, but he varies his game and always plays with his head up and is an un-selfish player!
SPU1-0HUL.gif

Woah, tough crowd!!

why you guys want Thor to be better ? its not like le madrid cunts have any more money to spend.:eriksenlol:

...I luv Siggy - he may not be in VdV's class (yet), but he has a nose for goal, gets himself in good positions, and has a helluva shot...to me the obvious choice on the left over Lennon, Chadli, and "Lame"-ela...
COYS

I think Chadli can play striker as well, but more importantly I definitely don't see him as the 3rd choice on the left. He has so many qualities we can benefit from. He's big and strong, and can receive long balls from RCB to open up play, he's got excellent technique - against Woolwich he made some beautiful dribbles and connected well with Dembele at times. His biggest flaw in any match i've seen him play for us is a tendency to sort of disappear on his flank, i.e. not come down to meet with LB or in to connect with the striker. I'd say he has just as good a shot as Siggy as well, and though not as quick as Lennon, he's certainly got good pace and seems more explosive than Siggy to me.

Give it a bit of time, he'll come good :)

I like chadli and think he'll come good but so far in the limited games he's played he's overcooked his crosses and shots.

Just one thing I noticed, not really a major critiscim

Got a great song for Siggy. To the tune of....

Until Gylfi we were never happy
We needed so much more
Rain clouds oh, they used to chase us
Down they would pour
Join my tears
Allay my fears

Sent to us from heaven
Gylfi Sigurdsson you're our world

Pop, pop, pop, blow, blow, take that shot
You taste of Golazo's
There is something hey you must show me
From what Spurs are made