Gylfi Sigurðsson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I like about Siggy is that he often seems like a passenger. Don't fucking pummel me yet!

What I mean is that he takes important touches that get the ball somewhere; if there's no opening where he is, he'll switch it or pass t and give someone else a go.

As before, his weakness is his confidence. Reminds me of Modric; that shot today was pure instinct and he just let loose almost without thinking. Modric did the same against Liverpool and really COULD shoot but rarely did so without taking an extra touch.

Siggy seems to be getting more comfortable, though. Can only be a good thing since he's happy to play on the left.

Is it me or is Sigurddsson not getting the credit he's due, he's been fucking immense lately seems to be the only one that can consistently score for us, and tonight proves that

No, its not just you. I questioned why he and Eriksen were behind Holtby the other day as Siggy had made such a good start to the season, and was then just dropped.....got a fair bit of stick, and people posting Holtby heat maps and shit...

I think after scoring a good goal last night though, the sheep will finally come round.

Expect to see him in everyones starting 11 for the next match, and not Holtby

Personally I think he is an a rubbish player falls over his own feet and never incisvie.....

.... And then around the 18 yard box he is world class, he smells goals and his positioning is emense. He will score 10 + league goals this year.

SPU1-0HUL.gif

So-Beautiful.gif

Gylfi has one of the best shots I've seen, great technique too. The problem for him lies in his disability to get into games, he doesn't find the space he would need for himself. I want him to succeed badly, but he has to learn a few things and maybe also work on getting a bit faster.

Last edited:
everybody remember, i have always been on his bandwagon .
pointing towards my username . :chadliwtf:

That goal was simply fab, probably will be our 'goal of the season'.

He showed that capability while with Swansea, and indeed has at times with us.

Will he play v Everton? I hope so.

Incidentally, a lot of people claim that our 'shots from outside the box' strategy doesn't count as 'real chances'. I can sympathise with that view as most goals do come from closer in, but last night it was pot shot bingo, twice over!

Last edited:
Love Lennon but Gylfi has to start ahead of him. Chadli third option. Dont know why we got chadli exactly but hindsight is 20/20 as they say. Hope Chadli finds his form but i cant see him wanting to be 3rd string. anyone know if he can play CAM, Striker or on the right? still cant really tell from his performances for us.

He faced a difficult task in playing in a spot which was to become vacant by the most expensive player in the world.

He has to be given time

Back
Top Bottom