Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks for being understanding mate.

Nah, it's my bad at the end of the day. I don't really use emoji's so it's easy for people to think I'm being serious and actually throwing abuse at somebody and not just doing it in a light-hearted sort of way. So my apologies to c-goat, and also anyone else I've had a bit of a slagging much with here today. Sometimes I should take a step back and think about what I'm actually typing, and how I type it. I've been saying that for about 10 years or more though, maybe I'll actually put it into practise one day!

Nah, it's my bad at the end of the day. I don't really use emoji's so it's easy for people to think I'm being serious and actually throwing abuse at somebody and not just doing it in a light-hearted sort of way. So my apologies to c-goat, and also anyone else I've had a bit of a slagging much with here today. Sometimes I should take a step back and think about what I'm actually typing, and how I type it. I've been saying that for about 10 years or more though, maybe I'll actually put it into practise one day!

You can banter people a lot harder than you were and get away with it...... Just that some stuff is a quick route to the sin bin.

You'll be pleased to know the wound I have from you calling me a Twonk is healing nicely!

What's the most City have paid for a player? City have had little to do with 'skyrocketing' transfer fees. We have almost surpassed them on highest fee paid.

And when you figure out which player that is then ask yourself if he is better than Harry. Harry is by no means worth 5x more than Walker. The absolute disrespect for the best world RB of the last decade.
Kyle Walker best rb in the world lol
I do remember citeh paying 200 million to fix the back four.
But hey let's just pat them on the back. The fact they sponsor themselves through dubious companies which they actually own. The fact they are owned by a state which disregards human rights and where women are treated as second class citizens and homosexuality is illegal.
Cities owners are wonderful

No worries mate. I over reacted. Bit touchy today clearly 👍🏾

Kyle Walker best rb in the world lol
I do remember citeh paying 200 million to fix the back four.
But hey let's just pat them on the back.

3 x FBs at 50m each in one window..... Footballing genius!!!! :freundgoal:

The fact they sponsor themselves through dubious companies which they actually own. The fact they are owned by a state which disregards human rights and where women are treated as second class citizens and homosexuality is illegal.
Cities owners are wonderful

But yeh... It gets worse... Much worse.

I actually agree with a lot of that, I've been complaining about our scouting and a desire for a DOF for years, BUT you asked for examples of a) when we'd retained players (I gave recent you examples.) and b) where is Dembele's replacement (I told you whom that was).

It's all very well discounting the examples given, but there was mass paranoia about our squad being picked apart throughout the entirety of Poch's reign, but it didn't happen..... Why? Largely down to how we'd locked them all down to long term contracts and partly down to the fact that we as a club have a bit more clout than we did when the likely of Carrick, Berba & Bale were sold.

...That's retainment of players.
Yeah. I can see your point. And we could go around and around with examples, and largely it might end up with examples on either side of the debate. For every Eriksen there is a Son. For every Winks there is a Tommy Carroll 👍

I asked you "to what end" because it got us 7th this year and presumably another 20 goals this season would only get us similar. And it's exactly because of the reasons you state, we have holes elsewhere in the team. So my calculus is why keep a player when the big money can help us round out the squad? Keeping him only kicks the can down the road to next summer and all we have to look forward to is another 7th place this season, an unhappy star player, and less money to put toward the rebuild.
You make a fair point, use the Kane money to fix the holes in the team. And I'm not against selling a player who wants to go. But I am very against a club with near enough endless amounts of money dictating the price for Kane, which is really the crux of my disagreement (gentle disagreement, mind) with some posters here, your good self included (I think I read you would take an offer of £100m).

I'm repeating myself but I really think as a club, we need to draw a line and say that if you want our best player with 3 years on his deal, you will have to pay over the odds to get him. If they are willing to pay £100m for Grealish, they can pay £150m for Kane in my opinion.

And if we don't get that kind of offer, we keep Kane. And for reasons previously stated, I think Kane would continue to play as he always has and be a consistent, productive player. Sulking and bad body language isn't something I care about, it's never done Ronaldo's teams any harm - he sticks the ball in the net, the others do their job, games get won and people are happier all of a sudden.

And Ronaldo is probably the best example of a player who plays for himself and his legacy most of all, but his teams do brilliantly because they utilise his greatness (goalscoring) and his team-mates do their jobs. Kane is in this mould I think. Not as great as Ronaldo, obviously. But he does care about his individual records and achievements, I believe it's part of what drives him as a player. He's not going to down tools when he is chasing Shearer's record and the World Cup is on the horizon.

It's not unthinkable that we sign a couple of defenders and Skipp has a breakout season in midfield, Kane and Son bang in the goals and we end up with Champions League football. We'd still be able to get £100m for Kane with 2 years left on his deal, and rebuild from a stronger position than where we are right now. That's my thinking, if City aren't willing to pay up.

Ginola played off Big Les if I recall. To accommodate a midfield of Sinton, Fox, Calderwood and Neilsen. Mabbutt on the bench never came on. Rory Allen did. Dark days.
The proper glory days! As I remember it, we played a proper four four fackin two, Ginola and Anderton wingers and take your pick from the likes of Howells, Nielsen, Freund, Clemence and Sherwood in the centre. Calderwood was a centre back, and a turbo shite pairing from Ferdinand, Armstrong and Iversen up front.

And people think we have it rough now!

The pictures aren't level. I'm not sure I could sit in a room and see them all day like that.

Give him a break.... They're hastilly blue-tacked up..... He only has the offce for 20mins..... They'll kick him out after that and it's back to blending into the corner of the local Witherspoons.

Last edited:
Yeah. I can see your point. And we could go around and around with examples, and largely it might end up with examples on either side of the debate. For every Eriksen there is a Son. For every Winks there is a Tommy Carroll 👍

Absolutely..... Despite the hype (trolls); I don't think we're perfectly run.... Far from it.

My brother actually spoke to him in the corner of a pub a few years back. I expect some on here have met him in pubs after the games. He was known for doing it, particularly if Kane had a good game.

Doubt he'll be showing his face in any of the local boozers any time soon now.....

The proper glory days! As I remember it, we played a proper four four fackin two, Ginola and Anderton wingers and take your pick from the likes of Howells, Nielsen, Freund, Clemence and Sherwood in the centre. Calderwood was a centre back, and a turbo shite pairing from Ferdinand, Armstrong and Iversen up front.

And people think we have it rough now!
Stephen Clemence. What’s the point ?

Brady has now played for two organizations that surrounded him with talent and structure to win. And Brady did pull some shit a few seasons ago when Belichick wanted rid of him.

I have been a Bucs supporter for 25 years, we had a great team before Brady arrived but I assure you that it wasn't a superbowl winning team.

His success hasn't been bought, Brady is a winner, he also gets a LOT of hate for being so great as well but one thing I know for sure is that he is a professional and he wouldn't do the shit Kane is doing, he would turn up for training and give his all for the team, anybody denying that doesn't know his career.

Back
Top Bottom