Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Frankly, he'll still do a good enough - enough being operative - job because he's clearly motivated by EPL individual records as much as team trophies. Why else city and only city? He's not guaranteed to score for fun anywhere else in the EPL because no team has that much creativity in their mid.

130 is a slap in the face. 150 or nothing. Harry can get benched if he doesn't play well enough. We'll be fine with Son leading the line and Gil dribbling defences into madness.
If we will be fine with Son leading the line, then take the money surely?
Agree he will still be good and score goals if he is held to his contract with us but I just don't buy that he will be the same.
He has always been driven by the goalscoring record and is by all accounts pretty greedy in front of goal, but I think he would be next level greedy at the detriment of the team if the situation got messy around him wanting out.

Also, obviously i would want 150+m for him but I don't see City paying that for a 28 year old with a history of consistent injuries over the past few years. 130m is not a slap in the face by any stretch. The bigger question is whether we invest it wisely.

Plenty more fines coming Harry’s way then.

Here’s a life lesson boy. Don’t sign six year deals. Mug
Exactly this, only way to agree to this long a contract is if you insert a reasonable clause a la Haaland able to go for €75m next summer. Crazy otherwise. Guess this is the work of his halfwit of a brother.

Thats what fucks me off the most. City are a multi billion out fit with a multi billion net spend since the oil men came along. They helped massively inflate the market to where 20m players were 40m but now they bulk at buying an elite world class striker for the market price. Fuck them and their sneaky shit.

Much as I want ENIC gone Levy has every right to hold the line and protect the club even if it hurts Harry in the process. Spurs is worth more than Harry, Levy or anyone individual. We need to tell City pay up by this deadline or fuck off and Harry needs to be told he is getting fined to shit and if he doesn’t play for us he won’t be playing for England in the World Cup either.

Deadline: 1 week from now.

Put up or shut up.

I thought must Spurs were aware of Levy backing out of promises before and why are so many calling for him and Lewis to leave think because?

In case you did not know it ....players & staff sign agreements with clubs that won't allow them to speak of what's going on behind the curtain.

Former Spurs boss Jose Mourinho feels "misled" about the path of projects he has taken up in the past which could point to Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy.
Mourinho was appointed at Tottenham in 2019 but was sacked after 17 months in charge during a disappointing campaign for the Londoners.
The self-proclaimed Special One is now in charge at Roma and has been speaking about some of his old clubs.
He told GQ Portugal : "I make mistakes sometimes, I haven't always chosen the right project, or I may have been misled about the path of some projects.
"I've made mistakes or I've been led in a dishonest way into accepting what I shouldn't have, but in the end it's all the same.
"These aren't my words, they were said by someone who was much more important than me: Whoever has goals and drive, will never grow older.
"I still can't believe that I have 30 years of experience in professional football, or that I am 58 years old, because I am always renewing my motivation."
Because Mourinho said so?
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

This thread is basically 90% people throwing their toys out of the pram because they realise that their belief that Kane would stay at Spurs all of his career and he really was one of our own isn't quite reality.

In football it's extremely rare for any player to stay at one club. Even more so a top class player staying with what is now a pretty mediocre club currently it has to be said. What he did yesterday was dissapointing but it was almost inevitable. Everybody knows Daniel Levy is a worm and absolutely nobody here knows what goes on behind the scenes, what Levy will have said to Harry previously and potentially promised him.

Kane desperately wants to move and he's put his own ambitions to win trophies over his rapport with us Spurs fans. Some people need to man up and stop having a bitch fit. Realise that Spurs has never meant to Kane quite as much as they have believed in your own heads and it will be much less painful.

Anyone who defends him whilst slagging off players like Dele, Aurier and N’Dombele for supposed “attitude issues” I’m going to look at you sideways from now on. Golden boy my arse.

Kane and his advisors are actually dumb as rocks. There is no pressure on Levy to sell. His value will still hold up for a year. The club still has the leverage. Charlie Kane is showing how he lacks skin in this game, he should be lobbying city to match his valuation.

E,g Jonathan Barnett & Levy still have a good relationship because Barnett made sure Spurs got market value for Bale from Madrid. (Bale had 4 years left when sold)

Pogba/Raiola have leverage at Man Utd and (1 year left) and he’s being a professional.
I don't see many defending Kane's actions. I see a few cunting off ENIC which is entireley natural given the mess they've left us in.

And I will continue to cunt off Ndombele and Dele whenever I like thanks as they both have attitude problems.
Where is Ndombele by the way I haven't seen him play a minute of pre-season yet?

Yet your on here defending the lazy bastard.

This thread is basically 90% people throwing their toys out of the pram because they realise that their belief that Kane would stay at Spurs all of his career and he really was one of our own isn't quite reality.

In football it's extremely rare for any player to stay at one club. Even more so a top class player staying with what is now a pretty mediocre club currently it has to be said. What he did yesterday was dissapointing but it was almost inevitable. Everybody knows Daniel Levy is a worm and absolutely nobody here knows what goes on behind the scenes, what Levy will have said to Harry previously and potentially promised him.

I don't think it is. It's the manner in which he's doing it. I think we all realised he wanted out a long time ago, this isn't news to anyone. There's still a way of conducting yourself though.

Nope.

We set our asking price to City. Up to them to match it

This is exactly what Kane/City wants for us to relent and let him go on the cheap for a 'quick deal' Big No.

Fuck City
Exactly..... Man City have pretty much unlimited funds if they need them, yet they're trying to get Kane on the cheap.

Kane has to ask himself why this is - and why it looks like he's doing all the heavy lifting and taking the most risk in order to push this transfer through?

So what if the oil barons have to buy one less Yacht - pay up or **** off

For a then world record fee.
A record that was beaten by another player, Neymar, who threw tantrums to get a move :cool:
A "problem", for Spurs, is the good track record ALL the record stars leaving the Spurs have: all of them - from Klinsmann, Sol, Carrick Sheringham, Berbatov, Modric to Bale - have done very well at their new clubs.
Other clubs (big) know that Spurs groom "attitude" as well as football skills.

Loved Harry and all he stood for in the game. Proudly sang ‘he’s one of our own’ and wore a shirt with his name on the back when he broke through (a first).

Very disappointed in his behaviour as this all could have been played out in a mature and logical way. City at fault lowballing us and trying to drive the price down. We won’t be bullied with the ‘we only pay £65M for players line’ their fans Parrott.

Time for City to get real and for Kane to realise the nuclear option isn’t the way to go. For someone so in tune with fans, this pivot in attitude and behaviour is so out of character, it’s like a bad movie where the hero switches to becoming the villain in the last act.

If City don’t value him at £150M then he needs to ask why. They can afford it and are not dealing with Southampton here. Levy is no mug and as much as he drives me mad I’m glad he’s handling this, likewise the new DOF from Juve as he also will suffer no fools.

I get that Kane wants trophies, so do we but as pointed out he had the opportunities with us but didn’t turn up. That’s life. If he wants to set up his idiot agent brother Charlie for life just pay him £10M and get yourself proper proper representation rather than stick with this piss poor man’s Jerry Maguire wannabee.

As someone else pointed out and as much as I’ve also given Aurier stick I look back on his professionalism after his brother was tragically murdered only to fly back and play 2 games around it. I want him gone but respected the man’s attitude.

So Harry, thanks for the memories and hope you stick around but if you want to trash your reputation and act like a petulant cunt then do fuck off to your potential new Arab overlords and tell them to pony up a fair price if they think your worth it.

Skating dangerously close to potentially becoming a hate figure IMO. I don’t want it to end this way.

Excellent post....

Your point about Serge is destined to be under-rated too.

Last edited:

Kane desperately wants to move and he's put his own ambitions to win trophies over his rapport with us Spurs fans. Some people need to man up and stop having a bitch fit. Realise that Spurs has never meant to Kane quite as much as they have believed in your own heads and it will be much less painful.

The reality is there a lot of emotions on here, but I see a lot of people questioning why we should sell one of the best strikers in the world for a lowball fee to a club who have inflated the market and are playing football with the cheat modes on.

I don't question why Kane would want to leave, but I do question those who seem to be getting a perverse joy out of the idea of us selling him for peanuts.

How much responsibility do you take for that? The fact that Spurs fans are known to be a bunch of Karen’s? Have you supported through thick and thin?

We have had more success in last 10 years than ever in my lifetime. I’m not saying that Levy hasn’t made mistakes but you know that team who finished second to Leicester? That was Levy’s club.
We didn’t finish 2nd to Leicester. Unlike Woolwich, who did, we were never top.

Spurs fans are not a “bunch of Karen’s” they are largely decent people who care about the history and future of the club and feel distanced from what the club has seemingly become, especially so in the last two year when we have badly lost our collective way.

ENIC are part of the success and as equally part of the problem. In the end, If mistakes outstrip the positives then it’s time to demand change. If Kane goes, Levy should go too. If Kane stays, Levy needs to be considering when he should go too.

I don't think it is. It's the manner in which he's doing it. I think we all realised he wanted out a long time ago, this isn't news to anyone. There's still a way of conducting yourself though.

Like I said already, it's dissapointing, but Kane is doing what he believes is best for himself. He's put himself and his own desires to leave and give himself a much better chance of winning things over his rapport with us Tottenham fans. It sucks for us but there seems to be Spurs supporters that genuinely think that singing about him being one of our own means that he automatically owes his entire career to the club, regardless of how average we are.

I don't see many defending Kane's actions. I see a few cunting off ENIC which is entireley natural given the mess they've left us in.

And I will continue to cunt off Ndombele and Dele whenever I like thanks as they both have attitude problems.
Where is Ndombele by the way I haven't seen him play a minute of pre-season yet?

Yet your on here defending the lazy bastard.
N’Dombele showed up for training and then went to attend the birth of his child. He was at the open session on Saturday,

He’s being a professional.

Back
Top Bottom