Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A record that was beaten by another player, Neymar, who threw tantrums to get a move :cool:
A "problem", for Spurs, is the good track record ALL the record stars leaving the Spurs have: all of them - from Klinsmann, Sol, Carrick Sheringham, Berbatov, Modric to Bale - have done very well at their new clubs.
Other clubs (big) know that Spurs groom "attitude" as well as football skills.

Your attitude is so transparent.... Stop simping for Kane and show some respect for your alleged club.

we value him at £150m+

They offered us £100m

What part of this don't you understand?

Are you saying that every time a player starts to act up and skip a couple of training sessions we just throw in the towel and sell?

Do you honestly believe that Kane will tank his chances to be involved at the World cup next year just to spite Spurs?

You are talking about everyone getting overly emotional but what's your solution to bridging that £50m gap?

Why do we have to bend to Citys will when we hold every card in the deck?

Small time mentality

I've said multiple times now that if City came in with a bid of 100 million, then they could and should pay more. But if we're not accepting a penny less than this 150 million fee people like to chuck around then that's not going to happen. We're pricing him out of a move and we're left with an unhappy player that doesn't want to be here any longer.

At the end of the day, people should blame Levy and the club for bad choices and a lack of ambition. Kane only wants out because he's not a simpleton and can see that there's no chance whatsoever of him winning the biggest titles with us anytime soon.

Honestly,

it's only been a day and I'm exhausted with this shit.

I'm done with him, we have to start actin like a big Club here - get Laporte in the deal and go balls out for 2 of Felix, Vlahovic, Lautaro Martinez

With Romero coming in, a decent RB and we're looking pretty good.

Yeah, it's as easy as just starting to act like a big club...

Why would any of these players you mentioned want to come to a team that can't even offer Champions League football, and are highly unlikely to the season after this one also?

Some people seem to think we're a much bigger and better club than what we actually are in reality.

So some of the supporters who’ve been pissing and moaning over the last years about Spurs being a club without ambitions are now wanting us to bend over and accept whatever lowball fee that city have put forth. Talk about hypocrisy.

Honestly.

What a tool.

What’s Nuno supposed to do? He’s properly fucking us.
At this point Nuno should just go into the season with Son as our starting striker. The attacking 3 of Bergwijn, Son and Lucas from pre-season has looked decent so that could very well be how we roll. Hopefully we can get another striker in on loan or if we find someone cheap.

Nuno seems smart so I'd be surprised if he hasn't had it in the back of his mind that Harry could pull something like this.

He is making himself look like an utter prick after everything he has said over the years, England captain, what a wanker. Didn't think I would ever see the day Jack Grealish shows more class and professionalism than Harry Kane.

At this point Nuno should just go into the season with Son as our starting striker. The attacking 3 of Bergwijn, Son and Lucas from pre-season has looked decent so that could very well be how we roll. Hopefully we can get another striker in on loan or if we find someone cheap.

Nuno seems smart so I'd be surprised if he hasn't had it in the back of his mind that Harry could pull something like this.

What the hell have Bergwijn and Lucas done in the Premier League previously? Players aren't suddenly just going to become really good just because Kane isn't starting. That front three you mentioned would be so toothless I don't think you can actually be serious.

Feel free to believe that Levy has always kept his word all the time - also when it came to backing Harry, Pochettino and Mourinho to build a successful team.
Who said I believe anything? You're the one trying to claim supposition as fact.

I don't know whether he has or he hasn't kept his word, all we have are spurious allegations of a "Gentleman's agreement" from players who really haven't given us any reason to trust them either.

Why you're bringing previous managers into the discussion is strange too. You have no more idea on "alleged" promises made to them than you have those made to players.

Levy may well have broken promises, or he may not have made any promises at all. I haven't got a scooby, neither have you. The difference here is that I don't assume on stance then double down on it by trying to pass it off as fact.

I really don't have a dog in this fight tbh. There was a time when I defended Levy to the hilt because of where he's taken this club from when Enic acquired it, but the last few years have eroded that belief. However I may feel about his current stewardship though, that doesn't mean that I'm going to take every rumour or agendised rant as gospel just because I WANT it to be true.

I don't see anybody saying we should just sell him at the price of the first offer we have. But unless you're happy to keep an unhappy player around, which makes absolutely no sense, then you also have to be careful not to price your player out of a move. There's no bidding war going on here for Kane. There's only a few clubs that can afford him and only one club that actually need him, that being Man City. If they walk away then we're left with an unmotivated and unhappy Harry Kane for the season ahead and I don't see anything positive at all to come from that. Keeping him now with what's gone on and actually playing him will cause an absolute circus.

You insist on saying this; but you're massively overplaying it.....

Fact is we're led to believe he was unhappy last year too; yet he racked up 'career' season.

Last edited:
He is making himself look like an utter prick after everything he has said over the years, England captain, what a wanker. Didn't think I would ever see the day Jack Grealish shows more class and professionalism than Harry Kane.
Exactly.JG has done this correctly.He is a Villa fan,from a family of Villa fans.And most of all,he has respected other Villa fans.
Oh Harry what have you done.What would his "loyalty" bonus have been? Was it worth that much?

Eriksen’s been a great, great player for us. Certainly his form has been terrible in the last 12 months or so, but he’s had a massive influence over our change in fortunes in the Poch era.
Yes he fit into our system very well. He was not good in the last couple of seasons for us in my opinion when personnel around him had changed

I've said multiple times now that if City came in with a bid of 100 million, then they could and should pay more. But if we're not accepting a penny less than this 150 million fee people like to chuck around then that's not going to happen. We're pricing him out of a move and we're left with an unhappy player that doesn't want to be here any longer.

At the end of the day, people should blame Levy and the club for bad choices and a lack of ambition. Kane only wants out because he's not a simpleton and can see that there's no chance whatsoever of him winning the biggest titles with us anytime soon.
150m is not pricing him out of the market at all. Of course City have the means to pay that if they really want him.

They have set the bar with the 100m Grealish bid. Based on that bid 150m is on the low side for Kane if you ask me.

Exactly.JG has done this correctly.He is a Villa fan,from a family of Villa fans.And most of all,he has respected other Villa fans.
Oh Harry what have you done.What would his "loyalty" bonus have been? Was it worth that much?
Jack went to training, turned up for the fans, signed autographs and took some awkward questions from the fans but kept smiling. Harry, hid away like a coward.

You insist on saying this; but you're massively overplaying it.....

Fact is we're led to believe he was unhappy last year too; yet he racked up 'career's season.

Well it was pretty clear that had we had a good season, this situation probably doesn't happen. Not only did we not challenge for anything but we ended the season with Ryan fucking Mason running things, things were that bad. People need to stop blaming Harry for the incompetence of the club.

Hate to say it, but if this carries on playing out so badly I can see him getting roundly booed when he comes back to the lane. And if that happens to be first game of the season then it could well get pretty nasty.
If this all turns out to be true, that he really is on strike and doesn't intend on training again, then at this point he's already lost the club legend status. Such a shame.

What the actual fuck lol, do you know its City we are dealing with? They arent just bank rollers they are fucking cheating bank rollers, fuck them.

So some of the supporters who’ve been pissing and moaning over the last years about Spurs being a club without ambitions are now wanting us to bend over and accept whatever lowball fee that city have put forth. Talk about hypocrisy.

100%.

Tell Kane it's another fine.

Up to City to utterly smash their transfer record.

What Levy would not be forgiven for is selling Kane to any English club for less than 150 million.

Let the England captain rot because he thinks we need to sell him to buy players.

If Lewis has 120 million which he can short term loan to the club then we can call Kane's bluff.

Lamentable and glory-hunting wanker. No other way to classify this behaviour and I just hope the players draw strength from.this absolute show of contempt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom