Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's all great, and correct. But..

How does this all play out from those involved in the team? Oh it's fine being a fan and living in wonderland thinking everything is as simple as Football manager. But the reality is far removed.
Consider these

The relationship between the player and the chairman
The relationship between the player and the manager
and most importantly
The relationship between the player and his team mates.

Can anyone trust him? Does anyone want him after these antics? And that's before the fans come into the equation? How will they react, especially if he has a bad start or underperforms.

Yes I love the stoic "He's our player, he plays for us", but if he becomes a disruption or a hinderance, then what?

Get as much as we can for him, get quality players in with the money and build a new team, and close the door on this episode. The longer this drags on the messier things get for us.

150m is not pricing him out of the market at all. Of course City have the means to pay that if they really want him.

They have set the bar with the 100m Grealish bid. Based on that bid 150m is on the low side for Kane if you ask me.

They are the only bidders. They aren't desperate. If they've offered 100 million they aren't going to suddenly stump up another 50 million for him, just because they actually can. I think Guardiola would like Kane but also would be happy to go into the season with Jesus, Sterling and Torres as his forward options, considering he often played without an out and out striker last season anyway. We're not getting 150 million for him from City, simple as that. So we're gonna be left with Kane still at the club and an absolute circus every week because of that.

I assume the union has formally voted to approve this strike and all other players will not be crossing the picket line. From my time going on strike myself, I was also not entitled to get paid, again I assume the same employment laws apply to a footballer?

That's all great, and correct. But..

How does this all play out from those involved in the team? Oh it's fine being a fan and living in wonderland thinking everything is as simple as Football manager. But the reality is far removed.
Consider these

The relationship between the player and the chairman
The relationship between the player and the manager
and most importantly
The relationship between the player and his team mates.

Can anyone trust him? Does anyone want him after these antics? And that's before the fans come into the equation? How will they react, especially if he has a bad start or underperforms.

Yes I love the stoic "He's our player, he plays for us", but if he becomes a disruption or a hinderance, then what?

Get as much as we can for him, get quality players in with the money and build a new team, and close the door on this episode. The longer this drags on the messier things get for us.
Oh it's fine being a fan and living in wonderland thinking everything is as simple as Football manager. But the reality is far removed.

Well it was pretty clear that had we had a good season, this situation probably doesn't happen. Not only did we not challenge for anything but we ended the season with Ryan fucking Mason running things, things were that bad. People need to stop blaming Harry for the incompetence of the club.
No one is really.What we are blaming him for is his lack of both professionalism and respect for the fans.That ball is squarely in his court.Not Levy's,not ENICs, his.

How much responsibility do you take for that? The fact that Spurs fans are known to be a bunch of Karen’s? Have you supported through thick and thin?

We have had more success in last 10 years than ever in my lifetime. I’m not saying that Levy hasn’t made mistakes but you know that team who finished second to Leicester? That was Levy’s club.
That year the squad was pretty thin and we maybe could have won the fucking thing with a bit more depth?

Yeah ok.

I've said multiple times now that if City came in with a bid of 100 million, then they could and should pay more. But if we're not accepting a penny less than this 150 million fee people like to chuck around then that's not going to happen. We're pricing him out of a move and we're left with an unhappy player that doesn't want to be here any longer.

At the end of the day, people should blame Levy and the club for bad choices and a lack of ambition. Kane only wants out because he's not a simpleton and can see that there's no chance whatsoever of him winning the biggest titles with us anytime soon.
If City can bid 100m for Grealish they can do better - MUCH BETTER - than 60m plus players for Kane.

That's not pricing him out of his dream move to Man City, it's asking for a fair price. They have the money. It's up to them.

At this point Nuno should just go into the season with Son as our starting striker. The attacking 3 of Bergwijn, Son and Lucas from pre-season has looked decent so that could very well be how we roll. Hopefully we can get another striker in on loan or if we find someone cheap.

Nuno seems smart so I'd be surprised if he hasn't had it in the back of his mind that Harry could pull something like this.
We have to be going for Vlahovic now. Regardless of whether or not Harry goes, can we even rely on him?

Hate to say it, but if this carries on playing out so badly I can see him getting roundly booed when he comes back to the lane. And if that happens to be first game of the season then it could well get pretty nasty.
If this all turns out to be true, that he really is on strike and doesn't intend on training again, then at this point he's already lost the club legend status. Such a shame.
What a 24 carat plonker he is.

He obviously thinks if he sulks for a little while we will go cap in hand to City and accept their £100m offer.

Still can't believe Kane would go down this path given how he professed to love this club. Just shows you can't trust anyone.

Last edited:
What the actual fuck lol, do you know its City we are dealing with? They arent just bank rollers they are fucking cheating bank rollers, fuck them.

As I keep saying, they are not desperate to sign Kane. That's pretty clear. And how they've always done business even with the money they have, they've never spent even close to 100 million for one player before anyway. They also know that Haaland is available after this upcoming season and they'll be in the driving seat to sign him.

150 million isn't happening. So either we negotiate with them and get the best price possible, perhaps squeeze another 20 million out of them, or we have to get used to the idea of Kane still being in our squad and figuring out what to do with him, which in my opinion is now the worst option.

Hate to say it, but if this carries on playing out so badly I can see him getting roundly booed when he comes back to the lane. And if that happens to be first game of the season then it could well get pretty nasty.
If this all turns out to be true, that he really is on strike and doesn't intend on training again, then at this point he's already lost the club legend status. Such a shame.
Depending on how the players feel it could be like when Kevin Durant was on the Warriors and played games against his old Oklahoma team.

Won't get in the way of sky sports and a juicy headline though ;)

P.s. Sissoko and Winks will turn up just to spite the fans
I don't know what's more depressing......

Kane not turning up to training....

Or Winks and Sissoko actually turning up to training....

:dembelelol:

BTW :This is a JOKE before any of the 'sensitive' fans get offended.

Well it was pretty clear that had we had a good season, this situation probably doesn't happen. Not only did we not challenge for anything but we ended the season with Ryan fucking Mason running things, things were that bad. People need to stop blaming Harry for the incompetence of the club.

Stop evading the point..... My post blames him for nothing. In fact it acknowledges a degree of professionalism that you refuse to believe he has......

.......Somewhat hypocritical if you think about it.

Last edited:
I dont blame harry for levy and enic being useless twats and letting the club fester I want them gone however I blame Harry for taking advice from idiots and man city to behave like a cunt so he can leave for a lower offer than hes worth.

No one is.

Harry is being called out for his own conduct, which is contemptible in all honesty.

At this point Nuno should just go into the season with Son as our starting striker. The attacking 3 of Bergwijn, Son and Lucas from pre-season has looked decent so that could very well be how we roll. Hopefully we can get another striker in on loan or if we find someone cheap.

Nuno seems smart so I'd be surprised if he hasn't had it in the back of his mind that Harry could pull something like this.

I’m sorry but are you serious ? Bergwijn who can’t score to save his life and Lucas who whilst a very good squad player, isn’t anywhere near clinical enough. If Harry Kane goes and we get some fucking loanee striker in, I’ll be livid and I’m sure every Spurs supporter would be. Harry Kane goes, we get 2 strikers in of quality end of story. That’s who we play with Son. Not Bergwijn and bloody Lucas because they played well against Colchester in a pre season friendly

As I keep saying, they are not desperate to sign Kane. That's pretty clear. And how they've always done business even with the money they have, they've never spent even close to 100 million for one player before anyway. They also know that Haaland is available after this upcoming season and they'll be in the driving seat to sign him.
Haland will have a host of clubs after him, certainly not nailed on for City my bet is BM. City have no striker capable of 25 goals a season, of course they are desperate. The thing is, they will be like United, clubs know they have money, clubs will start to fuck them hard for the players they want. Also they have never signed a player of Kane's settled stature in the PL. They want to claim they are a big club they need to realise that comes with a down side.

City the team that called us the 'Harry Kane' team now desperately need him.
They have been tapping him up but haven't even made suitable offer.

Sorry but this morning I've turned on him. I'm done.
And if he stays he has some big apologies to make to people.

Fuck City and Charlie Kane

I also want the club/Kane to release a statement on this.

Back
Top Bottom