Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm just in disbelief that he would do this to be honest, never thought of him in this light

I hope we aren't a shithouse of a club and request what he is worth to us, a world record fee or he stays, fine him the maximum as long as he keeps this shit up

Want to continue to be a cunt during the season? Enjoy the reserves
There are very few ex players that have a bad thing to say about the club as a whole. Eriksen tweeted, when PEH joined us, that the club know how to look after Danes. Berbatov is very complimentary towards the club. Defoe loves the club, and he's a gooner. Gallas has commented on how well he was treated, Edgar David's, Ryan Mason, the list goes on.

The club might make an absolute ricket at times, but they have always treated players well.

Because Mourinho said so?
Dr Evil Whatever GIF
Feel free to believe that Levy has always kept his word all the time - also when it came to backing Harry, Pochettino and Mourinho to build a successful team.

The reality is there a lot of emotions on here, but I see a lot of people questioning why we should sell one of the best strikers in the world for a lowball fee to a club who have inflated the market and are playing football with the cheat modes on.

I don't question why Kane would want to leave, but I do question those who seem to be getting a perverse joy out of the idea of us selling him for peanuts.

I don't see anybody saying we should just sell him at the price of the first offer we have. But unless you're happy to keep an unhappy player around, which makes absolutely no sense, then you also have to be careful not to price your player out of a move. There's no bidding war going on here for Kane. There's only a few clubs that can afford him and only one club that actually need him, that being Man City. If they walk away then we're left with an unmotivated and unhappy Harry Kane for the season ahead and I don't see anything positive at all to come from that. Keeping him now with what's gone on and actually playing him will cause an absolute circus.

Thank god Hugo was always given the captains armband. There is a player that came to spurs when he could've gone to a bigger club at the time. He's been ever present and has given us his best years.

Kane on the other hand, all he wants to do is win something for Kane, doesn't seem to be about winning with Spurs so honestly fuck him.

I honestly think next season we do better without the ancor of Kane. He wants to go then fine but only when the price is met and if not rot in the stands. I'll point out spurs do a lot based on performances so his basic sit at home wage will not be much compared to others sitting on the bench at the likes of city or Chelsea. We will be saving money every week he doesn't play also.

No player bigger than the squad and I've honestly gone full on fuck Kane after that shit.

Walker left us for city to win things, when the sad reality was if he had stayed another season or two we could've well won something together.

Kane is the fucking main striker, if we aren't scoring goals to win titles and cups, take some responsibility yourself man.

Gentlemens agreement with Levy, do me a favour thst was for a team abroad never for a prem team.

If madrid offered 100mil you better believe we would entertain that before City even if they offered 120mil

.Tbh, if a move abroad was on the cards, I'd relish the clean slate......

Seeing him constantly in the headlines wearing dirty sky (!) blue will be a constant reminder of this whole rancid affair.

Like I said already, it's dissapointing, but Kane is doing what he believes is best for himself. He's put himself and his own desires to leave and give himself a much better chance of winning things over his rapport with us Tottenham fans. It sucks for us but there seems to be Spurs supporters that genuinely think that singing about him being one of our own means that he automatically owes his entire career to the club, regardless of how average we are.

Nobody's saying he can't leave, I mean I've been resigned to the fact he's leaving this summer since that awful Neville interview. What I can't take is going on strike like a stroppy teenager when in reality nobody has put in a decent bid for him. Again, he's a vice captain of this club, and the captain of his nation. He's not behaving like it. If we'd knocked back £150m from Man City I'd get his anger, but that doesn't seem to be the case. We seem to have rejected £60m plus players who probably don't want to come anyway. Why should we accept that?

I don't see anybody saying we should just sell him at the price of the first offer we have. But unless you're happy to keep an unhappy player around, which makes absolutely no sense, then you also have to be careful not to price your player out of a move. There's no bidding war going on here for Kane. There's only a few clubs that can afford him and only one club that actually need him, that being Man City. If they walk away then we're left with an unmotivated and unhappy Harry Kane for the season ahead and I don't see anything positive at all to come from that. Keeping him now with what's gone on and actually playing him will cause an absolute circus.
we value him at £150m+

They offered us £100m

What part of this don't you understand?

Are you saying that every time a player starts to act up and skip a couple of training sessions we just throw in the towel and sell?

Do you honestly believe that Kane will tank his chances to be involved at the World cup next year just to spite Spurs?

You are talking about everyone getting overly emotional but what's your solution to bridging that £50m gap?

Why do we have to bend to Citys will when we hold every card in the deck?

Small time mentality

.Tbh, if a move abroad was on the cards, I'd relish the clean slate......

Seeing him constantly in the headlines wearing dirty sky (!) blue will be a constant reminder of this whole rancid affair.
I'd take it a lot better if he went abroad...... It would be worth accepting 20 mil or so less if that could happen.

Seeing him turn out for that disgusting, play doh, Fisher price, disgrace of a club will be tough to accept.

So according to The Athletic Levy will only sell for £150m and that's to a team abroad - an English team will need to shell out more.

I think that's just posturing but I wouldn't put it past Levy to stick to his guns and Kane stays another season.

In reality I think he would take 150m from City too. It will just depend how it arrives: 100m plus Laporte? 125m and Ake?

It will need to be a deal that Levy can realistically argue has put the squad in a better position.

If true that City have only bid 100m or 60m plus a player that's an insult and all the weirdos on here that think we need to accept that need to get their head checked.
Wired isn't it? When going for a player, we're supposed to pony up whatever the asking price is, despite the fact that any reasoning person will know that the asking price will be inflated over and above the actual valuation.
Yet when it comes to selling arguably the best striker in the World, these same people seem to think that we should reduce the price because we're pricing him out of the market!

One would think that there's an agenda here...

So this is how we are doing this
Nobody's saying he can't leave, I mean I've been resigned to the fact he's leaving this summer since that awful Neville interview. What I can't take is going on strike like a stroppy teenager when in reality nobody has put in a decent bid for him. Again, he's a vice captain of this club, and the captain of his nation. He's not behaving like it. If we'd knocked back £150m from Man City I'd get his anger, but that doesn't seem to be the case. We seem to have rejected £60m plus players who probably don't want to come anyway. Why should we accept that?
Well if hes expressed a desire to leave and Levy still insists explicitly hes not for sale, aren't you holding him to ransom? Its different if Spurs says bids are low and want a higher bid. Then higher bids can be submitted.

I’ve always found Kane bland. Doesn’t really expresses much emotion, which is good in most circumstances but it does make me believe he can remove emotion from this decision and he’s looking at it from a purely financial POV. That being said it could just be massive trolling by city. Upset our player and fanbase with no intention of signing the player. I wouldn’t pay £160m for him

Don’t disagree with any of that. Just can’t stand the daft idolisation of Eriksen that Harry aged 7 has
Eriksen’s been a great, great player for us. Certainly his form has been terrible in the last 12 months or so, but he’s had a massive influence over our change in fortunes in the Poch era.

Honestly,

it's only been a day and I'm exhausted with this shit.

I'm done with him, we have to start actin like a big Club here - get Laporte in the deal and go balls out for 2 of Felix, Vlahovic, Lautaro Martinez

With Romero coming in, a decent RB and we're looking pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom