Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

U turn from Kane's camp now

I don't really believe it.

Clearly his little power play didn't work and now as he has to put up and shut up I guess.
If he's going to stay he has some bridges to build and I think the fans are owed a statement from either club or player.

Levy/Spurs have always had the power in this situation
This would have had more chance of working next year.

This is exactly how all of the papers treating Sterling before his move to City. Total sympathy for Sterling.
Kane isn't getting any shit at all in the mainstream media and he wont. Sterling was butchered by all and sundry, they are both top players, both play for England, why is Kane getting a by..... hmmmm I wonder.

U turn from Kane's camp now

I don't really believe it.

Clearly his little power play didn't work and now as he has to put up and shut up I guess.
If he's going to stay he has some bridges to build and I think the fans are owed a statement from either club or player.

Levy/Spurs have always had the power in this situation
He’ll probably hand in a transfer request.

Not sure it would ever come to this, but are City close to being your most hated club along with those cunts Woolwich and Chelsea? The cheek of the oil tycoon small time cheating bastards tapping up our star player, trying to force us to sell at a low price by turning him against us. I’m Starting to despise the wankers
They are absolute tossers, I've had a few conversations and they have brought up our lack of spending, how we haven't backed the team, one even mentioned how FFP was geared to help small clubs not go under. The fact they are bought and paid for doesn't seem to cross their minds.

There much I can agree with here, especially the "time" element, however I would have that translate into next season we sell Kane, NOT this. By selling this season doesn't give us the time to rebuild effectively. To explore this further, our DoF and Head Coach have been working together for about 4 weeks!!! They need to establish and culture their ideas, get on the same page, agree how we are to play with what we have and how we want to play. Identify the profile of new players and target them to bring them in.

You can't do that by selling Kane as soon as possible. Moreover, you can't bring in Laporte, Bernado from a CL team into a team that's playing in a Micky Mouse euro whatever it's called, why on earth would they do that?
I guess it depends on your expectations of this season.

To me, I have a very limited optimism about top 4 or a trophy. What sense, therefore, does it make to keep him?

Even if losing Kane means we finish lower (I’m not certain that’s the case but would depend on the moves we take from there, albeit I appreciate your point about time), I still think in the long run that could be good for our club.

The whole place smells of 7th place purgatory to me. I’d happily go backwards to go forwards.

I do take your point on the limited experience of our transfer committee though. Having said that, if the club haven’t been making Kane contingency plans for the last 4 months, they learned zero from the Bale situation.

On Laporte and Bernardo. Laporte is a stretch and very optimistic I know. Bernardo I think City would happily get rid of and I think he’d come here. With Foden’s emergence and the Grealish signing (should it happen), he’ll be a bit part player next year.

He’ll probably hand in a transfer request.
Should that not have been done before going on strike though? Should the interview not have been done now instead of pre Euros? Who ever is advising him, maybe its his plan, is doing absolutely everything arse about face. Even City have fucked up offering Villa £100m for Grealish, an absolute shit show.

Last edited:
No he doesn’t have a point. Too many supposed Spurs fans who are clearly Kane first, Tottenham second.

Worse than tourists who at least don’t pretend to be Spurs fans.

Fucking makes me sick. Fuck Kane. Tottenham first…all the time, every time.
Preach Neil Degrasse Tyson GIF

When citeh get done for fraud, I will be laughing. The true scale of their dealings will become public knowledge soon and an SFO investigation is in the works. All those Citeh fans who went down the rabbit hole and actively participated in the propagation of evil, will get their comeuppance. They are just pathetic pawns in the game of sportswashing. Most of them parrot Abu Dhabi propaganda, it is quite weird actually. For the next few years, I will have to smile through gritted teeth though.

In the meantime pay proper consideration for Kane if you want him. If you don't, stick with Grealish and Liam Delap.

We're not going to get 200m. I don't think City will go above 120.

I think Levy will/should demand 150, but in his place I think I would accept 125 at the end of the day, and pull an Atalanta where we refuse to sign until certain replacements are brought in.

I think Levy will/should demand 150, but in his place I think I would accept 125 at the end of the day, and pull an Atalanta where we refuse to sign until certain replacements are brought in.
....... then on the last day, when City have no established striker, we do a drive by bag of shit on fire at the door step of their stadium driving off with Kane in chains shouting "so long suckers"..... yeah? :levylol:

If he goes to City he's not going until Tuesday, 31 August at 22:59 BST regardless of when a deal is struck, Paratici would just go on a spending spree now.

I don't care who your manager is, no coach is making Sanchez & Dier a title challenging CB pairing. I also don't think we are strong enough in CM due to Ndombele's inability to scale the heights expected of him.
Mourinho didn't work out, that much is patently obvious, and yet his strength historically was making his teams hard to beat. Defensively sound. And he couldn't do that with our defensive personnel.
The Romero signing will help if that happens, certainly, but will it be the silver bullet to fix our defensive woes? Definitely not. Our full backs are both suspect too.

I admire your optimism but having lost Bale and moving on Toby and thus far brought in just a prospect for the future in Gil I see us as weaker if anything than last season, whilst some of our rivals (Leicester, Liverpool,United to name a few) have strengthened this summer in comparison.

Top 4 is going to be a real struggle, albeit i think we will give it a decent go, however the Kane distraction doesn't help matters

When a team sits back and invites pressure then players like Dier and Dav are going to get exposed more. If we play on the front foot, keeps hold of the ball and attack more then the defence will be under less pressure. Surely that's obvious right?

Back
Top Bottom