Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How much exactly are these 'loyalty payments'...... They must be ginormous because the players seem to be reluctant to hand in transfer requests because of these legendary loyalty bonuses.
I don’t know but I was driving late last night and listening to Talkshite (I know) but Perry Groves reckoned that for Kane they would be in the region of £20-25 million

Seems high to me but I still maintain that money isn’t the issue

Absolutely no one is buying this
The results of a COVID test can be immediate or certainly within 12 hours, who ever is spinning these stories in Harrys camp are making Zero sense. Its nearly like they are sitting trying to make up valid excuses and then leaking them over and over while when you look at the big picture non of it makes sense.

Barbados is a Green list country. You only need to self isolate if the Covid test comes up positive.
My Son got tested yesterday afternoon, got his negative result back this morning.

Harry must have Covid!
will ferrell panic GIF
Apparently Bahamas not Barbados which is amber

So far....

Didn't show up for training - then would never show up for training again - then all a misunderstanding then Covid test and I will be back on Friday. This is in the space of 2 days.

He’s probably being badly advised but one look at his brother tells you that he’s not the sharpest tool in the box

I thought you said he wasn’t going anyway? Levy was always going to sell , thing is if it’s late in the window we’ll struggle to replace him .
I don’t think he will go as I can’t see City matching Levy’s valuation but if they do then fine

As for Kane’s brother not a particularly nice thing to say about someone you don’t know but more importantly Kane appointed him so who’s being sharp here?

His point was that Kane would want to go because he can't get trophies here. On a simplistic level, that is totally correct.

Totally agree that the club comes first, but there are different angles to look at that. The minority of fans saying sell Kane can surely also be looking at it from the perspective of it doing more harm than good if Kane stays, which is another way of putting the club above Kane.

No one wants Kane gone for a fee below his worth..I guess the key is what is that figure. Those saying "£200m or he stays" and playing Billy Big Balls by saying so I personally disagree with. No one is paying that sum and I'd rather we sold at £150m and reinvest wisely than keep a disillusioned player. Because no player is above the club.
I think the £150M is probably the right amount and I agree with you, particularly after the way he's conducted himself. Even if he'd been scrupulously clean in this, I'd be quite happy with £150M, as we could get 2 young quality strikers and an additional CB with that money, making us a more roundly balanced team with a longer shelf life.

Possibly why City won't pay that money. Rather than weakening us, they could feasibly strengthen us.

So far....

Didn't show up for training - then would never show up for training again - then all a misunderstanding then Covid test and I will be back on Friday. This is in the space of 2 days.
Don’t forget the press blowing it all up out of proportion!!

I'd be delighted but surprised if we did get £200m for Kane

But he's certainly worth a lot more than £100m in a market when Inter can turn down £100m for Lukaku, and City happy to bif £100m for Grealish.

What is a disgrace is so called Spurs fans trying to justify the oil sheiks 'low balling' Spurs to get a world class player when its obvious to everyone that the value they should bid is well north of the reputed £100m they have bid so far.

As some basic common sense if City had bid say £140m its likely they would be entitled to have a conversation with Levy as its in the right ball park where negotistions might be worth while

And Kane is now said to be 'embarrased' at how the matter has blown up. He should be.

And he should take steps to get himself an experienced advisor to ensure he gets the steer he needs.

He's definitely gone about it in the wrong way suddenly. But he's desperate to leave and desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures. I'm sure he doesn't care one little bit about Levy. I do believe he does care about the fans that have adored him for many years now, and the last thing he would have wanted was to let us down. But if he believes doing what he has done will help him get the move he wants then in his own mind that will be enough justification. It's a shame it's had to come around to this, but now we need to do what is best for Spurs. That's selling Kane at the best possible price and getting on with life without him. It won't be easy but it's not mission impossible. For me the sooner he has gone now the better, because we can all then start to move on and this circus will come to an end.

Yeah, hopefully Hojbjerg conveniently goes studs first straight through his ankles...

:dawsonlol:

PS - I joke of course, would do no one any good... after a brief feeling of satisfaction anyway...
And more likely Dier after watching his tackles on Sonny and Ndombelly!

And no use hiding in the stands!

Or Poch being fully aware of his injury record and decided he’s not worth the risk

I’m assuming that Poch may have a say in transfer dealings that is?
Leonardo is too busy with Mbappé and they prefere Son .
PS : for the merchandising , Son potential is better with the Korean market.

Last edited:
Do you think maybe the reporter’s are desperate to get any kind of story? Smacks of that to me

The England captain trying to force his way out of his club is quite a big story.

Kane knew what he was doing when he didn’t turn up yesterday. If he had been in proper contact with the club then this story would never have exploded the way it did, but the club were expecting him to turn up and he didn’t. The club should never be in a position where a player is expected to be at training and they have no idea where they are. He’s trying to avoid talking to anyone at the club and it’s making him look stupid.

Back
Top Bottom