Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

skysports-harry-kane-graphic_5456038.jpg
Worth a lot of money then....:levyeyes:

Daily mail story doesn't appear to change the situation much:

Kane was due to report for duty on Monday, but Sportsmail understands the England captain must complete a 10-day quarantine period upon his return from the Caribbean today because he has entered an 'amber list' destination.

So he still didn't turn up for training on time deliberately then...not really news.

Brilliant post. How about you actually give your opinion instead of spitting your dummy out?

I gave my opinion, sick of the constant negativity by our fans.

City either cough up what we're asking for or they can do one. None of this well we don't want an unhappy player so let's accept less than he's is worth bollocks.

Seriously we had 1 shit season because of Mourinho. Sure since the champs league things have been wobbly but any decent manager should be able to get this team performing again. We were 2 wins from champs league last year... 2 wins under a manager that clearly lost the squad after the Pool game at Xmas.....

We will get top 4 this year, we might even get a cup, have some faith.

Apparently Bahamas not Barbados which is amber
Ah right.

Mind you, Gov't guidelines state that you don't have to quarantine, coming back from an Amber list country, so long as you haven't passed through a red list country, so I suppose it depends on whether he had a connecting flight, which is doubtful.

City either cough up what we're asking for or they can do one. None of this well we don't want an unhappy player so let's accept less than he's is worth bollocks.

Seriously we had 1 shit season because of Mourinho. Sure since the champs league things have been wobbly but any decent manager should be able to get this team performing again. We were 2 wins from champs league last year... 2 wins under a manager that clearly lost the squad after the Pool game at Xmas.....

There's being optimistic, and I'm not going to criticise you or anyone for that, but then there's just being silly. We're going to be nowhere near the top 4 unless something dramatic happens between now and the start of the season later this month.

This summer we needed to clear out a ton of players that simply aren't and haven't been good enough, and replace them well, but currently the vast majority remain. The likes of Dier, Sanchez, Aurier, Doherty, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Alli... So many bang average players are still making up our squad. As things look currently we'll do well to even challenge for 6th.

He's definitely gone about it in the wrong way suddenly. But he's desperate to leave and desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures. I'm sure he doesn't care one little bit about Levy. I do believe he does care about the fans that have adored him for many years now, and the last thing he would have wanted was to let us down. But if he believes doing what he has done will help him get the move he wants then in his own mind that will be enough justification. It's a shame it's had to come around to this, but now we need to do what is best for Spurs. That's selling Kane at the best possible price and getting on with life without him. It won't be easy but it's not mission impossible. For me the sooner he has gone now the better, because we can all then start to move on and this circus will come to an end.
He didn't just start acting this way though.

His side were leaking to the media before the season ended that he was going to push for a move. To do that before the end of the season, when we were still playing meaningful games, and when it really doesn't help him get a move at all, was a major red flag and a dick move.

He didn't just start acting this way though.

His side were leaking to the media before the season ended that he was going to push for a move. To do that before the end of the season, when we were still playing meaningful games, and when it really doesn't help him get a move at all, was a major red flag and a dick move.

Not gonna say it wasn't. But a lot of fans are only up in arms now because of what happened yesterday, and they can see that Kane isn't quite as Spurs as they had always believed. He's put himself first, himself before the club and before what supporters think of him. He's not the first player to do so and he certainly won't be the last. Like I said, it's a shame it's had to end on such a sour note but with how football is today it was almost inevitable.

People would rather forget 7 years or so of being our best player and concentrate on the fact that he's finally put himself before the club and supporters.
Kane not training is definitely our biggest issue. Not the shambles of a team our owners & chairman have created which is the sole reason for the above. :pocheyes:

Like the positivity I wish I still had this kind of positivity.

Back
Top Bottom