Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sure you're joking.... but anyone who cites a fucking poxy computer game as substitute for real life needs looking at!

....and I guess the obvious answer to THAT is; "anyone who substitutes FOOTBALL for real life needs looking at!"
So there, I beat you to it!

Hope you win your FifaTwat 2021 competition with all the other online paedophiles, losers players!
Yea was just a joke really...

I gave my opinion, sick of the constant negativity by our fans.

City either cough up what we're asking for or they can do one. None of this well we don't want an unhappy player so let's accept less than he's is worth bollocks.

Seriously we had 1 shit season because of Mourinho. Sure since the champs league things have been wobbly but any decent manager should be able to get this team performing again. We were 2 wins from champs league last year... 2 wins under a manager that clearly lost the squad after the Pool game at Xmas.....

We will get top 4 this year, we might even get a cup, have some faith.
Admire your optimism but call me negative all you want, we are both fans so our views are somewhat rose-tinted.
Let's use an independent opinion..betting odds. A quick look at bookie odds for top 4 have us at 4 or 5 / 1. So a 20% chance. I wouldn't therefore be as confident as to say we "will" get top 4, given there's a far greater probability that we won't.
If I were to be particularly forceful, I'd also say that Levy must be laughing looking at fans who think we will get top 4 with the current squad as that is all ENIC are aiming for, so no need to strengthen the squad further.
City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United all have superior squads to ourselves. Leicester you could make a strong case for being stronger, with bookies giving them a slight edge. We are seen as on a par with Woolwich, who are a shambles. That, I think, tells you all you need to know

I still think Levy is a bald wanker and it’s his fault we are in this mess, but I also feel he’s well within his rights to keep Kane at all costs unless a seriously ridiculous offer comes in. He’s on a 3 year contract and he is irreplaceable. If City are not serious and are trying to lowball us with ridiculous 100 mil offers, then they can kindly fuck off. Kane will have to do some grovelling, but at the end of the day we will forgive and forget. I don’t want him going city.

250px-David_Brent_111.jpg

I heard different reports last week about which day Kane was due back. However it was the Cunts at Sky that blew this all up but if the story about him not expected is true then why the fuck did not Kane put the story right to save all this hate towards him. Kane seems to know how to leak stories to the press and yet it was allowed to fester and doubt it has achieved anything.

I don’t think he will go as I can’t see City matching Levy’s valuation but if they do then fine

As for Kane’s brother not a particularly nice thing to say about someone you don’t know but more importantly Kane appointed him so who’s being sharp here?
Bad things get said on here , didn’t you know & everyone judges others it’s a fact of life . I’m sure you’ve said worse , in fact you have on here about other posters .
Neither seem particularly bright

What would that even do?

The real issue is that City have not put up the cash/made an offer yet. As far as we know, the club's position seems to be Harry will not be sold unless a fair offer comes in. No fair offer has come in, so what exactly is Harry achieving by sitting out? His incompetent brother should be on the phone to the shiekh telling them to put up or shut up.

If no reasonable offer comes in, it doesn't matter if Harry puts in a transfer request or not.
It would give everyone clarification about n what he wants to do.

I heard different reports last week about which day Kane was due back. However it was the Cunts at Sky that blew this all up but if the story about him not expected is true then why the fuck did not Kane put the story right to save all this hate towards him. Kane seems to know how to leak stories to the press and yet it was allowed to fester and doubt it has achieved anything.
Maybe he wants to cause resentment? Maybe he feels this would help him get his move.Who knows what goes throught these players heads?

This has been reported a few different places and I honestly wish Levy would just fuck off at let Paratici handle it.

As we move fwd yes; but there's way too much history between H & Levy to hand this deal over.....

I'd guess Fab would rather not get involved too tbh.

Put right what? What is the truth? As far as I can see, he didn't show up for training on time and didn't tell the club either. He leaked the story to the press himself. He even told his England teammates he was not going to show up.

I guess it depends on your expectations of this season.

To me, I have a very limited optimism about top 4 or a trophy. What sense, therefore, does it make to keep him?

Even if losing Kane means we finish lower (I’m not certain that’s the case but would depend on the moves we take from there, albeit I appreciate your point about time), I still think in the long run that could be good for our club.

The whole place smells of 7th place purgatory to me. I’d happily go backwards to go forwards.

I do take your point on the limited experience of our transfer committee though. Having said that, if the club haven’t been making Kane contingency plans for the last 4 months, they learned zero from the Bale situation.

On Laporte and Bernardo. Laporte is a stretch and very optimistic I know. Bernardo I think City would happily get rid of and I think he’d come here. With Foden’s emergence and the Grealish signing (should it happen), he’ll be a bit part player next year.
I think we did OK with the Bale money, especially if you factor in comparisons other football clubs with success vs failure in signings. I am always irked at how Spurs are always seen as not signing the right players whilst I cast my eyes over Liverpool and Chelsea and Woolwich all have had more failures than successes than us. The fact that Chelsea can sign who they want when they want, pay fortunes for them in addition to offer huge salaries, yet most all turn out to be spectacular failures yet the talk is always on the rare few that are good. (of the Bale 7 only Chiriches and Paulinho were shit. With Capoue not fitting in. All the others moved the team forwards and we were better. Chadli would have stayed if his Belgium place wasn't in doubt, in hindsight I think he was wrong to move and was a good enough squad/league cup/Europa league player (still turning out for Belgium even now!).

We were 5 points off 4th last year!!! If Nuno had Wolves twice finishing 7th straight out of the Championship I think we will be pushing for the top 4 again. City, Chavs is way ahead, with Utd for 3rd although Ole is going to have to come up with the more varied style of playing with the squad available to him, their basic approach to games will find him out I think. Leicester really isn't any better than us, squad wise, they were just better managed. LFC is an odd one, they are a well-drilled team, but ageing fast can the new signings replace the old, are the old still motivated. They have Klopp, who is a world-class manager, no doubt but. Watched Woolich pre-season game against Chavs the other day, and without Chavs doing anything special they should have gone into the half at least 4 nil up. Woolwich look just toothless as they've always done under Artetta and just as shite at the back!

TDLR: 4th spot is wide open and like last year it will be fought over by us, Leicester, Woolwich and Liverpool, with obviously Liverpool the better placed side to achieve it.

But I'm 100% not crying if we sell Kane as I think we look slow and one-paced with him (and still acknowledging his brilliance) but that was possibly down to how the Dinosaur set us up. If Nuno has us playing better quicker football, playing more as a unit with proper fluid automated attacks then I think we can "sell" the Club to a higher quality of player. Let's not forgot that Kane wanted to leave whilst the Dinosaur was here, despite all the bullshit of being a WiNNeR, he wanted out having seen the dino for what he was.

Back
Top Bottom