Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No he doesn’t have a point. Too many supposed Spurs fans who are clearly Kane first, Tottenham second.

Worse than tourists who at least don’t pretend to be Spurs fans.

Fucking makes me sick. Fuck Kane. Tottenham first…all the time, every time.
His point was that Kane would want to go because he can't get trophies here. On a simplistic level, that is totally correct.

Totally agree that the club comes first, but there are different angles to look at that. The minority of fans saying sell Kane can surely also be looking at it from the perspective of it doing more harm than good if Kane stays, which is another way of putting the club above Kane.

No one wants Kane gone for a fee below his worth..I guess the key is what is that figure. Those saying "£200m or he stays" and playing Billy Big Balls by saying so I personally disagree with. No one is paying that sum and I'd rather we sold at £150m and reinvest wisely than keep a disillusioned player. Because no player is above the club.

The isolation/covid test is just so obviously bullshit on its face, but based on the uproar that it caused the club would have put out a communication addressing it if that were the case.

Harry showing his true face and getting some really bad advice. As much as it is funny and satisfying to blame Charlie, the blame falls squarely on Harry.

In fairness this is a great chance for Paratici to mark his time at Spurs. If he negotiates a great deal for the club and makes us stronger he's off to a flyer and will get unlimited grace, fuck it up and he's in serious trouble from the off.

I start every season thinking we'll be challenging for all honours and why not. With a bit more luck and a few decisions going our way or against other teams we probably would have won a title. So even this year I expect us to challenge, we're clearly better than how we performed under Jose.

Too many of our fans have gone from us having the best squad in their lifetime at the start of last season to us having a squad full of garbage that might get relegated. We weren't shit last year because of the players we have, we were shit because of the tactics, or lack of.

I don't care who your manager is, no coach is making Sanchez & Dier a title challenging CB pairing. I also don't think we are strong enough in CM due to Ndombele's inability to scale the heights expected of him.
Mourinho didn't work out, that much is patently obvious, and yet his strength historically was making his teams hard to beat. Defensively sound. And he couldn't do that with our defensive personnel.
The Romero signing will help if that happens, certainly, but will it be the silver bullet to fix our defensive woes? Definitely not. Our full backs are both suspect too.

I admire your optimism but having lost Bale and moving on Toby and thus far brought in just a prospect for the future in Gil I see us as weaker if anything than last season, whilst some of our rivals (Leicester, Liverpool,United to name a few) have strengthened this summer in comparison.

Top 4 is going to be a real struggle, albeit i think we will give it a decent go, however the Kane distraction doesn't help matters

And I’m sure City would have made it up to him but hey I thought the fanbois were saying that it’s not about the money but about trophies so again why didn’t he put in a written transfer request??

He can still do it

So why hasn’t he?
How much exactly are these 'loyalty payments'...... They must be ginormous because the players seem to be reluctant to hand in transfer requests because of these legendary loyalty bonuses.

Kane: can I go

Levy: for the right price yes

Doesn’t really change much.
Depends on what is in Kane's contract re a loyalty bonus.

By handing in a transfer request he forgoes that sum.

If he has a chunky loyalty bonus in his contract that could go towards bridging the valuation gap between City and ourselves.

How much exactly are these 'loyalty payments'...... They must be ginormous because the players seem to be reluctant to hand in transfer requests because of these legendary loyalty bonuses.
The longer you stay and the more contracts you sign the more it is. I've seen figures for Kane's being £15-20M but like so much no one really knows.

In fairness this is a great chance for Paratici to mark his time at Spurs. If he negotiates a great deal for the club and makes us stronger he's off to a flyer and will get unlimited grace, fuck it up and he's in serious trouble from the off.

I'm told Paratici is dealing with all transfers apart from Kane

The isolation/covid test is just so obviously bullshit on its face, but based on the uproar that it caused the club would have put out a communication addressing it if that were the case.

Harry showing his true face and getting some really bad advice. As much as it is funny and satisfying to blame Charlie, the blame falls squarely on Harry.
Blame falls on Harry for taking bad advice. Jonathon Barnett Bales agent would not have turned it into to such a media circus. Doing everything through the media is the dumbest way of doing this. They need to know for a fact the bidding club is willing to pay what the selling club would want.

But on the other hand I hate City and their owners. If the whole Abu Dhabi Royal Family died on the same day the world would become a slightly better place. You have to remember it is so easy to get away with rape in their country and that women are heavily oppressed and often face jail when reporting it that is the type of people they are.

The fact is it would be so easy for any journalist with any integrity to question why these people are allowed to operate in the UK and other western countries. The fact is very few reports have been done on Abu Dhabi in the last ten years and their human rights abuses. The rulers of these countries are as bad as many leaders such as Saddam Husain and Robert Mugabe but obviously sports washing is working.

U turn from Kane's camp now

I don't really believe it.

Clearly his little power play didn't work and now as he has to put up and shut up I guess.
If he's going to stay he has some bridges to build and I think the fans are owed a statement from either club or player.

Levy/Spurs have always had the power in this situation

Not sure it would ever come to this, but are City close to being your most hated club along with those cunts Woolwich and Chelsea? The cheek of the oil tycoon small time cheating bastards tapping up our star player, trying to force us to sell at a low price by turning him against us. I’m Starting to despise the wankers

Back
Top Bottom