Spurs v goons pre season game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought we were far too passive 1st half. Much better 2nd.
Should've been more but Dele in particular wasteful.
Tanganga superb defensively and obviously a lovely assist but now sadly injured (hope its not too serious as I'd100% be starting him v City)
Everyone else played decent and obviously good fitness shown. Good overall.

I wonder if Lo Celso can do the role that Winks is supposed to do i.e come off the bench, keep possession, carry the ball forward etc. He looked good from the bench today, that's for sure. Suits him more when the game gets a bit stretched I think.

My concern is in the midfield his passing was poor. he still can't keep the play going and stops the flow too much.

The chances are good but the fact that we have to talk about almost chances for him in a pre-season as the top moments is kind of telling.
Yeah, I agree with a bit of what you're getting at. Annoys me watching him play at times but we have a lot of dross to ship out. I though he was pretty good first 15 today and for most of the second half. Very poor from 15-45. There's goals and ability in him though, I'd just about give him this year and leave him build his transfer value a bit if nothing else.

He seemed to run around a lot which I guess is better than him looking in different last year but still as ineffective as always.

It appears that Nuno wants him to be important so I hope you are right but I haven't seen much from him to show he has learned how to pass or read the game any better than he has in the past 3 seasons.

I think you must have a bit of a chip on your shoulder if you didn’t think Dele has looked much improved this pre-season. Let’s just see if it translate to real matches.

Dele did a lot of hard yards today. Making several good and important tackles. Some flashes of the old Alli too. Good game from him. In fact lots of positives. Skippy, Lucas, even Dier and Sanchez looked solid somehow. And we need to keep Tanganga. Looked better than Doherty and Aurier of last year today. Another solid performer.

Such a breath of fresh air after the shite we had to endure last season. Hope it carries through to when the games count for more than laughing at the goons. Which is becoming a given.

First 15mins very good, lots of pressing and movement, clearly work has been done in training as we begin to move away from zero attacking patterns under the dinosaur.

The next 5-10mis was competitive with turnovers won from both teams, basically the scum kind of sused how to stop us by almost allowing Son to have the ball centrally because he can't hold it up.

the remainder of the half was Woolwich with the possession but unless I missed anything due to a shitty stream anything they did create was from way outside the box.

The second half was all us I felt, possession and attempts on goal. Completly deserved win although I haven't seen the gaol yet as the fucking stream died!!

So much more organisation at the back than last year, Dier again with a great game and Sanchez was also immaculate throughout the 90 (again unless I missed something when stream was shit). A more composed performance from Reggie today and Tanganga might just be a better RB than CB. Both FB's I thought were too deep 1st half but were the biggest difference in our performance for the 2nd as they pushed on, heard Tanganga did well in the build-up in the goal.

There are times though we go long aimlessly long from the back which is infuriating, lets just hope that's down to players not physically up to speed yet, but don't like it.

Midfield three, better against a shitter attack today, PEH looked fitter than he did vs Chavs. Dele still looking very, very fit up and down the pitch and should have had a hattrick and saw 3 or 4 bits of great skill from him too. Skipp came alive today, much, much better than he was against Chavs, with and without the ball thought he was good. These three though does lack the ability to play through the middle or build from deep, there was a couple of nice line-breaking passes from Skipp but we'll need a lot more than that. What was good is that's exactly what Lo Celso did when he came on, taking the ball from deep and carrying the ball.

The front three were a bit more static today than I've seen them all pre-season (apart from open 10 mins), I do think Lucas is good when dropping into midfield and then carrying/dribbling ball but it is hit or miss whether he is dispossessed or not and in a 4-3-3 if he loses the ball in a deeper midfield spot we are wide open as one of Dele or Skipp might have pushed up beyond Lucas and are then out of posession.

Pre-season, a pinch of salt, Woolwich are shite & still loads to do but feeling much more confident than at any time we had with the dinosaur at the helm.

Beating the scum at White Hart Lane is what it's all about.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF
Seriously, just google images of marathon runners. The true elites are very thin but there are thousands of other runners who are as or more built than Skip.

From what I could see he weighs about 70kg, that is not too heavy for a 10k. I don’t have any idea what you are talking about.

Hopefully there will be some reaction from AFTV to unwind with.
Lost my stream so spent second half split between getting updates from Fighting Cock and listening to the goons moaning at how crap they are on AFTV! I was particularly interested to see that fat lump Kelechi holding a feather duster during the game. Robbie clearly has him employed as the cleaner the skin flint

Back
Top Bottom