Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hell of an ‘impact player’ that singlehandedly kept out asses in the champions league.
Constructively criticizing the side is one thing. But some of you come on here and bitch and moan as if you get a monetary return for it. F*ck off somewhere’s else then. If we had the Avengers and the Justice League for a starting 11, some of you would still martyr yourselves on the altar of groan.
I hear Thor is shite in goal....everyone he reaches for the ball his hammer appears!

Hell of an ‘impact player’ that singlehandedly kept out asses in the champions league.
Constructively criticizing the side is one thing. But some of you come on here and bitch and moan as if you get a monetary return for it. F*ck off somewhere’s else then. If we had the Avengers and the Justice League for a starting 11, some of you would still martyr yourselves on the altar of groan.

That is not true at all but always better for the apologists to make stuff up then to address the realities when it comes to this team.

And also averages about one goal every five games for us. Not good enough and never will be, despite what he did against Ajax. Squad player at best.

I could be wrong but I don't see this game as a write-off. We've looked decent in pre-season except 1st half vs Chelsea and Man City lost to Leicester in their first meaningful game last week.

However, they have some players returning which they did not have at their disposal then.

Yes, we can get absolutely smashed but think it will be tighter than many are thinking.

Let's hope. #COYS

I mean we may as well write this game off with those two retards at centre back. Kanes gone this has spelt that out loud and clear. Levy needs to seriously step up now or we have a mid table looking squad at best.
We might get away with it as perfect time to play city. First game so everyone be a bit rusty. Can see it being 2-2 with a bit of luck.
But yes the overall picture is bleak. No wonder all the positive enic/levy lovers won’t make a bet on how well we do this season. Deep down they would snatch your hand off at scraping 4th.
No where near enough done this window! Whats scary is levy will be shocked for a 3rd season running when this set of players don’t make top 4.
His judgement went a long time ago.

Forgive me for not joining in with the pre-match massive meltdown.

Football's a funny old game. I have us penciled in for the unlikeliest of wins today.

1-0

:nunothumb:

I could be wrong but I don't see this game as a write-off. We've looked decent in pre-season except 1st half vs Chelsea and Man City lost to Leicester in their first meaningful game last week.

However, they have some players returning which they did not have at their disposal then.

Yes, we can get absolutely smashed but think it will be tighter than many are thinking.

Let's hope. #COYS
First few games of the season you get weird results. So best time to play the likes of city. Before they get in their stride.

The dismay at the lineup, what were people expecting? Surely we knew this was going to be pretty much nailed on already, Ndombele hasn't featured all preseason and Kane is a cunt, what else is there to do?

The dismay at the lineup, what were people expecting? Surely we knew this was going to be pretty much nailed on already, Ndombele hasn't featured all preseason and Kane is a cunt, what else is there to do?

The fact that you don't also think Ndombele is a cunt is a bit concerning.

I don't understand why people are happy with a centre back partnership of Dier and Sanchez and no Kane, and accusing some of us of melting?

Playing these two together is the equivalent of playing silly games to win silly prizes.

Back
Top Bottom