Pacos Ferreira v Tottenham Hotspur (Euro Conference) Thursday 19 August @ 19.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't really know what to say

You can say don't panic etc.. But that's the B team and players trying to push into the 1st team.

3 shots all game. No one was good.

I'm disgusted. Hopefully that wakes us up that we need at least 4 players.

And it isn't the youth players.

When Sess, Doherty, Winks, CCV and GLC doesn't turn up for games like this, they really have little or no role being in the first XXV man squad, even if they are in the last 10 spots.

Little point in keeping any of them.

Totally salvageable situation so not gonna stress, BUT:

Based on individual performances tonight; NO-ONE is above this competition so ZERO excuses. The oppo showed NOTHING of note so nothing to hide behind on that front either.

- Doherty, Gio, Winks as senior figures in that team need to have a long look at themselves if they can't impose themselves on that game.
- Sess & Clarke honestly don't seem to have anything particulary worth putting faith in.
- Felt so sorry for Scarlet..... Totally starved.

Was looking forward to tonight as well..... Bummer.

We got the result we were playing for with the squad we brought. I don’t know what anyone was expecting.

That’s the 5th place team in Portugal, not a bunch of Faroese sheep herders
All this time I thought they were from the second division - wondered how they seemed to have that extra bit of class in movement and passing ability. What a total muppet!

And it isn't the youth players.

When Sess, Doherty, Winks, CCV and GLC doesn't turn up for games like this, they really have little or no role being in the first XXV man squad, even if they are in the last 10 spots.

Little point in keeping any of them.
I'd take Sess out of that just came back from injury and tbf he looked our most dangerous player 2nd half

Doherty , Winks , CCV and GLC were shocking. GLC I have a bit more patience with but those other 3 shouldn't be putting on the shirt anymore.

5 at the back didn't work. Sess struggled beating their fullback and kept running in to similar spaces that Gil was occupying. Doherty wasn't much better on the other side with some bad crossing. CCV also stuggled with a lot of basics

But I thought the game was lost in the middle of the park. Winks and Lo Celso played really deep and both struggled to link up the play to the forwards. Winks attempted a few long balls forward but most went out of play.

Want to see a back 4 with a DM in the 2nd leg to help the transition because we have loads of pace in that side but Winks and Gio just slowed it down a lot. Skipp or Hojbjerg sitting in front of the defence and then Gio and Lucas in front for 2nd leg.

Something like :

Gollini
Doherty - Romero - Dier - Davies
Hojbjerg - Skipp
Lucas - Gio - Gil
Scarlett

What is the motivation to win this competition? Does the winner get into Europa league next year? If There’s no European benefit, then I prefer keep this as a developmental squad competition.

Are you serious? he is an over promoted youth team player he has zero to feel down about. He should be nowhere near first team football.
Look back on this thread and how many had him in the starting XI. Look how many expect great things from him. Look at how many see this competition as being the ideal opportunity for him and others...

He was poor, there's no getting around it

I don't think you see the plan ,he is not taking this hillbilly cup seriously. Wants out and I'm glad because as you can see we do not have the squad depth to contest it.
Yeh - not worth the prize money… having looked it up on Wikipedia…winning pays a HK for 6 months. Is it worth the expense and risks to high profile players for that? Probably not when you get that much for finishing 1 place higher in Prem with fresher legs etc..

Good link up play between Lo Celso and the Yorkshire brickie, leaving Winks' head spinning haha

Scarlett looks very promising, looked really sharp, hungry, strong
yes scarlett looks ok but what did he learn tonight playing with kids against men

Back
Top Bottom