Pacos Ferreira v Tottenham Hotspur (Euro Conference) Thursday 19 August @ 19.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What absolute crap that was. Only comfort I have is that illegal stream worked a treat and I think I have managed to order a bride from Thailand and join some dating sites too. Happy Days 👍

What is the motivation to win this competition? Does the winner get into Europa league next year? If There’s no European benefit, then I prefer keep this as a developmental squad competition.
Think the winner goes into the Europa. If we aren't capable of doing that through the league i'm not sure i want to be in it. I'd absolutely be using this for development and a few senior players who aren't getting minutes.

Dreadful, it's our so called senior players that are letting us down. Lo celso's first touch is bloody awful, winks is just winks and Doherty can't cross, no wonder Scarlett has not had a sniff.

Sess still doing his little boy lost routine and ccv should have been sold to the championship two seasons ago.
CCV should be sent back to play MLS.

Mate the world don't give a monkeys about this 3rd rate crap cup.
Only a few deluded headcases think it has any prestige.

People that should have given a fuck tonight;
Doherty, Davies, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Sessegnon, Clarke, John & Scarlett.

The others I can understand a lack of motivation more, but these 8 players should have been giving it everything.
Some because they are playing for their futures at the club, and others because they probably don't deserve another chance this season unless we get some non league draw in the cup in January.

Anyone representing Tottenham at senior level should be giving more than what I saw tonight though.

Call me crazy but I'd rather Spurs crash out of this competition (is there really even relevant silverware on the line?) and be able to focus solely on League/Domestic Cup matches from here on out.

In other news, I didn't see the game but apparently CCV was horrid. Been waiting for him to finally break the loan cycle but at this point it's probably best for all involved for him to be moved on to get a fresh start and more stability. Hopefully he could still be in the picture for the USMNT defense at some point in the future but thankfully the pipeline has become pretty robust there.

What's so infuriating about tonight is that someone like Ndombele would absolutely run riot in that game.

But he's just incapable of making the basic physical grade.

Well it wasn’t a second eleven as such. We left Sunday’s team behind plus Kane, NDombele, Aurier and Sissoko. That’s 15 senior players left at home. That team was just teenagers, new signings and others who had hardly trained. Doherty, Winks and Davies were the only ones properly fit and it was their first game.
We should be able to get through, are we that bothered...would be good for the younger players but when we get to March and we are anywhere near top 4, we will just field teams like these.
Yes it’s a trophy but then so was the Audi Cup.
Much like last year Europa qualifying...I don’t think the players can be arsed with these sort of games.

I'm not having that from any of these fuckers..... NONE of them have enough credit in the bank to have that attitiude.

You lot on here are so negative what’s wrong with you?

It’s 0-1 after the 1st leg.

What was good to see regardless of the result and individual performances was youth players were given starts and decent amounts of minutes on the pitch

All 3 summer signings starting the game

Nuno’s team selection was totally justified treating it as a pre season friendly to integrate some of the players.

It’s 0-1 can’t see anything to panic about when we are at home next week for 2nd leg and will be on the front foot from the start.

COYS

I don’t want us to fuck up this competition up purely because I like mid-week matches. I’ve no problem with the first team going nowhere near this thing and just telling the youngsters that it’s theirs to win.

Hopefully the 2nd game will be a lot better.

Yeah, fuck it, we'll have them at our place...

bh187-braveheart.gif

Back
Top Bottom