Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was stressed watching that first half and we only did not concede due to some pretty poor finishing from Wolves. 2nd half was more even and we even had chances to get a 2nd ourselves. We had results like this early last season and that did not end well.
Important week and we will need to play a stronger team on Thursday to get through and with an International break coming up there is no point sending players away rested before that.
However our real problem is we have let players go in Bale, Vinny, Toby and Lamela and the 2 new players are not in the first team. Added to having several players in limbo of not playing or leaving. It is a big week on the transfer front and not just Kane. We need a 2nd striker and resolve the futures of Aurier, Sissoko, and Ndombele or if not going, get them playing.

Wasnt marginal and certainly not first half. 25 shots 6 on target but you again fail to see the point. I made the original comment at half time. Irrelevant who won isnt it. The point is how much wolves were getting in behind us first half and we defended for our lives for most of the half. Had the Skipp challenge been given as a pen then could quite easily have been a draw.
Had we not won we might have lost - can you hear yourself?

Totally missing the point. People said that about those similar games early last season too. Sometimes - like today - the opponent doesn't make the most of their possession and good positions so you get away with it. But over time, more often than not, you don't.
They didn't make the most of their chances because we defended well.

Watched this on a phone propped up against a bottle of Guinness. Delighted with the win of course, thought Bergwijn, Reguilon and the midfield grafters did well enough. We desperately need a ball player in midfield, a shame that he's actually on our books and wants out of the club. If we can finish off the transfer window well we could be in for a solid enough season, but hard to see us punching too far above our weight.

As aggressive & bullying Traore can be (& was today) he has no end product. It’s like having a 12 inch cock and using it to clean out your ears.
He is fucking rubbish. Very fast. Very muscular. Bullies teams. Then puts it in row Z. He is no better than Sissoko.
Laughed out loud at that.

Was talking earlier to a Wolves supporting mate who was bemoaning how they had so many opportunities & how Traore dominated us. I called him Billy Whizz on crack, I wish I'd thought of the footlong knob analogy.

Thank goodness City and Wolves missed the net with their clear chances.

Doesn’t change the fact the defense let them have those chances but it allows people to stick with their narrative about tough saves for Hugo actually meaning something.
Go somewhere else and post please.
It's fleshcrawlingly embarrassing to see what you put on here.

Laughed out loud at that.

Was talking earlier to a Wolves supporting mate who was bemoaning how they had so many opportunities & how Traore dominated us. I called him Billy Whizz on crack, I wish I'd thought of the footlong knob analogy.
It just amazes me that many on here were saying how great he is and how he’d improve us after his showing today. He is absolutely pony. Big bloke, very fast, and bullies opponents with brute strength. Then fucks it up every single time. He is like Sissoko really. Looks intimidating and then you see what he does and laugh. If he had half a footballing brain and some composure he would be ripping it up in the CL rather than being at wolves.
Joe Clash (can’t @ him for some reason) once said of Sissoko that he was like a racehorse without a jockey. That is a perfect description of Sissoko and Traore.

Thank goodness City and Wolves missed the net with their clear chances.

Doesn’t change the fact the defense let them have those chances but it allows people to stick with their narrative about tough saves for Hugo actually meaning something.

They do mean something to Spurs fans, Hugo's saves mean that we keep a clean sheet and win the second game in a row, we all know that upsets your narrative - that's now two weekends in a row you've had to suck on a Spurs win - how that must sting ... 😆 😆 😆

Facts - played two won two - all your comments are just negative suppositions not facts. What are you hoping to gain, a round of applause for being miserable?
Can I have a bottle of your happy pills? I'm fucking ecstatic we won today I really am. We were diabolical though. And dele dived. It's as simple as that.

Can I have a bottle of your happy pills? I'm fucking ecstatic we won today I really am. We were diabolical though. And dele dived. It's as simple as that.

You raise my facts P2 W2 with yet more biased hyperbole .... that's beyond funny, well played.

Why do you need happy pills - Spurs P2 W2 versus Woolwich P2 L2 - why would any Spurs fan need pills to be happy about that?

As aggressive & bullying Traore can be (& was today) he has no end product. It’s like having a 12 inch cock and using it to clean out your ears.
He is fucking rubbish. Very fast. Very muscular. Bullies teams. Then puts it in row Z. He is no better than Sissoko.
I am with you. Have said it before. Do not want him at Spurs. I DO want him for the Denver Broncos. If this guy were allowed to pickup the ball and run with it....holy shit.

He did not dive. How can you not see there was contact. Regardless of if he left a leg there or not. The keeper didn't have to go through it did he. Don't agree we were diabolical either way, were out run out muscled in places and lucky to win but not quite as bad as diabolical

Back
Top Bottom