Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank goodness City and Wolves missed the net with their clear chances.

Doesn’t change the fact the defense let them have those chances but it allows people to stick with their narrative about tough saves for Hugo actually meaning something.
So tough saves don't mean something now, it's just a narrative hey?

Back on the Zamboni Troll, this soccerball isn't for you.

All those words, but the key bit ... "It's true that Wolves didn't create many really good chances - perhaps just the one".
We created at least 6 genuine chances apart from the penalty.
Totally missing the point. People said that about those similar games early last season too. Sometimes - like today - the opponent doesn't make the most of their possession and good positions so you get away with it. But over time, more often than not, you don't.

Wolves fan in peace. Thanks to the large number of your away contingent today who applauded throughout our regrettably lengthy in memoriam section at half time showing those fans lost during lockdown. It was a thoughtful, respectful act not lost on me. Thank you

I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the way we played today.

3 points on the road is rarely going to be a result I have any disappointment with.

When we are paying £100~ a ticket at home I would prefer to see a little more flair, possession, dominance - but away games are always though.. more so with fans just returning at the moment too.

Good win, COYS!

After listening to Nuno and Lloris after the game I am heartened by hearing both of them talk about how we weren’t good when we had the ball.

it seems that at the very least there’s an idea to play better and with more possession we just haven’t been able to do it (I don’t think we have the horses in the midfield right now).

acknowledging that there is a problem is nice though. Means they’ll at least attempt to solve.

Ultimately it's about results. I'd love us to play like prime barca week in week out but really this season we need results. We'll play well we'll play poorly but if we find a way to nick enough results when playing poorly we'll be in a good position come the end of the season.
But we have to find a way to play well too or the luck will run out. Either way, two good results and improvements from last season so it’s positive. I also have faith Nuno knows this unlike Jose who was one dimensional

Thank goodness City and Wolves missed the net with their clear chances.

Doesn’t change the fact the defense let them have those chances but it allows people to stick with their narrative about tough saves for Hugo actually meaning something.
Every game, every team miss clear chances. We did today as well you know. We do every game. If you create enough clear chances you score goals. Try bringing the good into focus along with the bad maybe? You might find you fall off the most ignored list.

Paratici simply has to find us a new Mousa Dembele.

We looked fragile every time we had the ball in the middle of the park, we need a player to keep the ball, take it forward and slot in a pass.

We never did replace him, an engine room of a player.
The fact that we didn’t look replace him at the time, knowing his increasing physical limitations was a disgrace. Repeating myself here but if he’d been wrapped in cotton wool instead of sold when he was, we would have fucked Liverpool in the CL final. We should have been scouring the world for someone with his attributes or some of them, months before we sold him. Instead, we delayed it and ended up blowing our load over Ndombele who isn’t fit to lace the Moose’s boots. I yearn to see a player like Dembele in our midfield again. He could literally run the show single handedly at his fittest. An absolute monster of a player.

As aggressive & bullying Traore can be (& was today) he has no end product. It’s like having a 12 inch cock and using it to clean out your ears.
He is fucking rubbish. Very fast. Very muscular. Bullies teams. Then puts it in row Z. He is no better than Sissoko.

The fact that we didn’t look replace him at the time, knowing his increasing physical limitations was a disgrace. Repeating myself here but if he’d been wrapped in cotton wool instead of sold when he was, we would have fucked Liverpool in the CL final. We should have been scouring the world for someone with his attributes or some of them, months before we sold him. Instead, we delayed it and ended up blowing our load over Ndombele who isn’t fit to lace the Moose’s boots. I yearn to see a player like Dembele in our midfield again. He could literally run the show single handedly at his fittest. An absolute monster of a player.
Most underrated PL ever. Everyone who played with or against him raves about him. We had some truly world class players on our books, and it’s criminal we didn’t do more

Most underrated PL ever. Everyone who played with or against him raves about him. We had some truly world class players on our books, and it’s criminal we didn’t do more
We shouldn’t have sold him in that January window period. I hate that “what if” & “if only” train of thought but with the Moose I can’t help myself. His display against Juventus was one of the best I’ve ever seen. And it wasn’t a one off. He was simply sensational.

Back
Top Bottom