Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Obviously this match has been prioritised over the conference league, expect wholesale changes.

Lloris
Tangana - Dier - Romero - Reguilon
Hojbjerg - Skipp
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
Start Kane. It sends a message to City that we aren't messing around. Not starting it sends the wrong message. I've put Romero in on hope more than expectation.

Not sure what to make of Wolves. New manager again, and not spent much on freshening up the squad. Reckon we could swap Winks for Neves at the game?

Will or won't Kane start - TBH, the person who lost their spot for him (prob Berg) would feel rightly aggrieved.

Having said that, Berg missed a sitter last week to put the game out of reach.

But I really don't think Kane will play if they're still negotiating - an injury would screw everyone.

Obviously this match has been prioritised over the conference league, expect wholesale changes.

Lloris
Hojbjerg - Skipp
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
Start Kane. It sends a message to City that we aren't messing around. Not starting it sends the wrong message. I've put Romero in on hope more than expectation.

Not sure what to make of Wolves. New manager again, and not spent much on freshening up the squad. Reckon we could swap Winks for Neves at the game?

Romero is never going to start, he was dreadful last night and clearly still building his condition after an injury during the summer. Can’t drop Sanchez after he played so well anyway, it should be exactly the same team that played City.

If Kane stays he is going to have to earn his place back the hard way, after the way they performed against City nobody should be making way for him just because he’s Harry Kane. Only players ready to die for Tottenham should be out there. I doubt his head is right anyway, until the window closes he isn’t going to be ready to play.

This is going to be a tricky game, fans in the stadium again is going for make a huge difference for a few months until the furore dies down, and Wolves is an intimidating atmosphere.

In many ways Wolves is going to be a harder game than City who were clearly undercooked.
Can see us dropping points, maybe a draw.

I don't think there is any chance of Kane starting, and Romero played a full 90 last night so it will be the same team as against City.

I agree on kane I would at the very least have him on the bench no more fucking about. Expecting a very different performance from yesterday's.

This will be a totally different game to city. The onus will be on its slightly more to create chances with more possession against a packed defence, something I have doubts we can do.

Unless we invite them on I'm not sure where our creativity is coming from. I would play Kane for this reason, he can drop deeper if needed and is more likely to score from fewer chances than Bergwijn. He's still our player and we pay his wages, so play him. If he leaves afterwards then so be it.

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez Dier Reguilon
Hojbjerg Skipp Dele
Lucas Kane Son

Lloris
Hojbjerg - Skipp
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane

That's the team for me. Romero wasn't working his socks off last night but I suppose Nuno will go for Sanchez instead

Back
Top Bottom