Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soon as I saw we were in the same timeslot as Yanited I knew we weren't going to be on the tele.

Back to dodgy stuttering streams.
I’m not going to bother

They’re a pain in the arse

Will support Soton instead

Then hope plenty of injuries and red cards in the other game

Obviously this match has been prioritised over the conference league, expect wholesale changes.

Lloris
Tangana - Dier - Romero - Reguilon
Hojbjerg - Skipp
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
Start Kane. It sends a message to City that we aren't messing around. Not starting it sends the wrong message. I've put Romero in on hope more than expectation.

Not sure what to make of Wolves. New manager again, and not spent much on freshening up the squad. Reckon we could swap Winks for Neves at the game?
I’ve been one of his critics but he played well against City so I hope Nuno perseveres with Sanchez
Romero maybe not quite ready for the PL yet and should play next Thursday

As for Kane I’d stick him on the bench for at least the first half

Then hope plenty of injuries and red cards in the other game
Let's not completely rule out a localised meteor strike in Holloway...

crashing-to-earth-meteor-showers101.gif

Kane doesn't deserve to start so same 11 as last week, probably shouldn't be involved until he's saga is resolved

I thought he was woeful last season but that was a magnificent start from him last week. We have to keep building on Sanchez’s confidence. That last game will have emboldened him. Big him up and chant his name.

Why on earth would you drop Sanchez after last week?
Poch did something similar with Soldado
Short of confidence but finally came good and scored a peach against Everton but Poch dropped him for the next game

So I hope Nuno doesn’t do the same

I thought he was woeful last season but that was a magnificent start from him last week. We have to keep building on Sanchez’s confidence. That last game will have emboldened him. Big him up and chant his name.
It probably helped both Sanchez and Dier not having Wanks and Sissoko playing in front of them

Obviously this match has been prioritised over the conference league, expect wholesale changes.

Lloris
Tangana - Dier - Romero - Reguilon
Hojbjerg - Skipp
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
Start Kane. It sends a message to City that we aren't messing around. Not starting it sends the wrong message. I've put Romero in on hope more than expectation.

Not sure what to make of Wolves. New manager again, and not spent much on freshening up the squad. Reckon we could swap Winks for Neves at the game?
Romero does not get ahead of sanchez. Not on last night's display

What an absolutely drama filled draw of matches to start the season. First match was against the champions who want to buy our star striker and the second is our new manager's first match against his former club. Pretty crazy to have that happen randomly, should be fun though.

I'd pick the same side as we used against City, nobody deserves to be dropped and nobody who played yesterday showed enough to warrant inclusion.

Harry? If he's still pushing for a move behind the scenes, he's not on my team sheet. If he's told the club he's disappointed he won't get a move but is ready to play for the club, then he's on the bench.

Was actually really looking forward to watching it on TV at home (as I was yesterday).

I don't mind the pure 3pm Saturday games being left off TV but when you're a 2pm Sunday but not selected for TV it pisses me off.
Third rate Euro shit sandwich to blame 👍

Romero does not get ahead of sanchez. Not on last night's display

Either he's shite or he's not fully match-fit yet.... I'm assuming it's the latter.

What does concern me though is that Peeps are gonna expect him to be a leader.... He's still developing his own game (23 y/o!); bit of an ask to expect him to transform our entire defense overnight.

(See their goal last night..... )

Last edited:
Let’s see if Nuno can break teams down and not rely on the counter. Mourinho couldn’t figure it out so hopefully Nuno can.

I'd go same team as last week, Kane on the bench. Not with those who say Kane shouldn't play until his future is resolved. If that was the case he shouldn't get paid either. Use him before we lose him.

Same team as City, which pretty much everyone has already said. I’d like to see Kane on the bench, whether he comes on or not will depend on how the game is going. He’s a Spurs player and now he’s decided to show up to work then he should be travelling to the game. If he does end up staying then being on the bench should hopefully knock him down a peg or two.

I wouldn't play Kane.

He still (In his mind) wants to play for City.

We shouldn't play him. He doesn't deserve the spot to play right now until all this transfer talk is over.

Back
Top Bottom