Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MM-GRAPHIC-BIGGEST-PL-SUMMER-SPENDERS-2.jpg

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

This is what people need to be concerned with, though. They've been spending freely for years, there's this compete misconception that they're skint and Kroenke won't spend. Mostly perpetuated by that AFTV mob who have always tried to blame ownership for everything (
:freund: ).

But they do spend, have spent, will spend. Their managerial appointments and recruitment has been a trainwreck since Wenger left, and its been a delightful trainwreck. But if they got someone in that wasn't shite, they'll be sorted out soon enough.

Thing is the way they're handling all this; they're wrecking what are some very promising academy lads......

Saka & Smith-Rowe need to get the fuck out before they are terminally infected.... Martinelli & N'Kettia are already condemned to the scrap head.

Then there's young duds like Pepe & Saliba.

Yeh; PEA, Lacazette, WIllian, Luiz, Ozil etc. are/were terrible ideas at this stage, but the whole operation is a complete mess.

:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

In all fairness, they likely aren’t this objectively bad. Arterta is a comically horrible though and destroying any shred of confidence or progress. He‘s a dead man walking at this point but not sure who they get in with the window almost closing and three games into the season.

Just getting in a new coach may help them but they have serious foundational issues in that team, and their transfers have been pretty odd at times. I agree that Saka and Smith-Rowe are already wondering how they jump ship.

They make our rebuild look so easy.

I don't know enough about Conte to know if he'd find the Woolwich job attractive, but he was open to coming to Spurs (allegedly).

Always thought he was very choosy about his gigs. And I think he would clash with their football operations more than he would with Levy.

But if it happens it's bad.

I don't know enough about Conte to know if he'd find the Woolwich job attractive, but he was open to coming to Spurs (allegedly).

Always thought he was very choosy about his gigs. And I think he would clash with their football operations more than he would with Levy.

But if it happens it's bad.

He's a £200m per summer man......... That demands a certain level of income which the Goons don't have.

People like to tell themselves that he didn't come here due to us lacking "ambition" but that's just a reverse euphemism used to make us look bad.

A "dysphemism"; so google tells me. :pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom