Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're going anyway.

I think it was Jack Pitt-Brooke who reported that if they play for Argentina for all scheduled matches they basically can’t play for us until December due to quarantine rules.
Edit: found the tweet

The eternal Club Vs Country argument.
Club pays their wages. FIFA, unfortunately, can mandate they are made available during the breaks but cannot mandate that they be paid their wages when they take decisions during that break that knowingly and willfully exclude them from fulfilling their contract outside of the international break.

This is massively different than getting injured on international duty. This is going to a foreign country of your own accord during a down time knowing full well that it means you'll be unavailable for work when you return. In the real world that gets you sacked.

TcSJku2.jpg

Gollini, Royal, Rodon, Sanchez, Skipp, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Dele, Scarlett

I think it was Jack Pitt-Brooke who reported that if they play for Argentina for all scheduled matches they basically can’t play for us until December due to quarantine rules.
Edit: found the tweet

Why can’t they just take one of the expensive tests.

its not really that hard to diagnose covid with a few checks these days.

christ. Johnson was on board an airplane with someone with the virus and was back in the hoc after a test.

Assuming that our South Americans have their little holiday/quarantine in Croatia, that means no Romero or Lo Celso or Sanchez.

Palace strongest attacking moves may be down the wings, and I'm not sure Nuno will want to stop Tanganga out of the starting line up immediately so I wonder if Royal will start on bench.

I'm assuming Rodon is fit for this one, otherwise its a question of Davies as CB or moving Tanganga to CB and starting Roral.

And I assume Ndombele is staying and on bench.

Lloris
Tanganga, Dier, Rodon, Reguilon
Hojbjerg, Skipp, Dele
Lucas, Kane, Son​

Subs: Gollini, Royal, Davies, Sessegnon, Winks, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Gil, Scarlett

Assuming that our South Americans have their little holiday/quarantine in Croatia, that means no Romero or Lo Celso or Sanchez.

Palace strongest attacking moves may be down the wings, and I'm not sure Nuno will want to stop Tanganga out of the starting line up immediately so I wonder if Royal will start on bench.

I'm assuming Rodon is fit for this one, otherwise its a question of Davies as CB or moving Tanganga to CB and starting Roral.

And I assume Ndombele is staying and on bench.

Lloris
Tanganga, Dier, Rodon, Reguilon
Hojbjerg, Skipp, Dele
Lucas, Kane, Son​

Subs: Gollini, Royal, Davies, Sessegnon, Winks, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Gil, Scarlett
Basically this depending on Rodon's fitness and the usual toss-up between Lucas and Bergjwin.

Emerson will have a decent amount of training sessions so wouldn't be surprised to see him start and Tanganga central given Rodon hasn't played a single minute since the euros.

I expect that with Davinson and Romero in quarantine and Rodon probably not fit enough after injury, Tanganga will move to CB and Emerson will start at RB. As Lucas didn’t travel he may start ahead of Bergwijn.

Dele is playing well and will be training throughout the break with the Nuno and the staff, 100% he will start.

Back
Top Bottom