***** Hungary v England World Cup qualifier 19:45******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
And once more we will get talk of racism in football as though if it's existing and always there in a society it can be anything different.

It ain't going away in any country where Black people are the obvious and identifiable minority and where Black people are not a rich part of a country's history.

Even then it is nigh in impossible to eradicate but at least there can be nore of a resistance and course of action, however ineffective.

More fines and closed stadia are necessary but are also a blunt tool.

And once more we will get talk of racism in football as though if it's existing and always there in a society it can be anything different.

It ain't going away in any country where Black people are the obvious and identifiable minority and where Black people are not a rich part of a country's history.

Even then it is nigh in impossible to eradicate but at least there can be nore of a resistance and course of action, however ineffective.

Pittance fines and closed stadia aren't going to do shit, points deductions, forfeited matches and expulsion from tournaments will.

These racist fucks ain't gonna have nothing to boo if they don't get to see their team.

Forget fines.
Forget closed stadia.

Just ban them from tournaments.

They shouldn't laugh. We haven't made two semi-finals and a final in the last few years by coincidence
It's no coincidence that H has scored so many goals and set up so many goals for Sterling.
No Kane and we don't make those semis and final.
People really just don't realise how great the guy is.
You can see it with Grealish as well. He's a fecking genius and yet some punters are moaning about him.

Agree. But will they do it? Not a chance, because they're total shiiiite.
It's ridiculous. To see dickheads booing black people on TV should just be in history programmes, not prime time football.

Until they get serious and tell federations that they'll be banned from competitions - be it internationally, or their club sides - then it'll continue.

Both FIFA and UEFA haven't the balls to do it tho so crappy little fines that mean nothing it is.

It's ridiculous. To see dickheads booing black people on TV should just be in history programmes, not prime time football.

Until they get serious and tell federations that they'll be banned from competitions - be it internationally, or their club sides - then it'll continue.

Both FIFA and UEFA haven't the balls to do it tho so crappy little fines that mean nothing it is.
The biggest enemy is the Court of Arbitration for Sport IMO, on the rare occasion time a heavy punishment is given, it inevitably gets overturned by it.

Bearing in mind the players knew what the Hungarian fans were like why did they provoke them. Taking the knee is known to be disliked in Hungary. Why did Sterling take his shirt off to reveal that message which the fans would not understand and could have misinterpreted and run towards the corner flag in front of fans. Goal scorers normally go towards their own fans to celebrate but there was not any England fans. They should have stayed in the middle of the pitch.
None of this excuses racism and I am not sure how much was solely aimed at the black players. Kane said he did not hear it and did the media highlight it for a story? I expect Hungary will be punished but I just wish we were completely blameless.

Bearing in mind the players knew what the Hungarian fans were like why did they provoke them. Taking the knee is known to be disliked in Hungary. Why did Sterling take his shirt off to reveal that message which the fans would not understand and could have misinterpreted and run towards the corner flag in front of fans. Goal scorers normally go towards their own fans to celebrate but there was not any England fans. They should have stayed in the middle of the pitch.
None of this excuses racism and I am not sure how much was solely aimed at the black players. Kane said he did not hear it and did the media highlight it for a story? I expect Hungary will be punished but I just wish we were completely blameless.

Go to bed. You're having an absolute shocker.

No excuse for racism but you do not think it was provocative? They are going to have to be much more careful at the World Cup in a strict Moslem Country.

Nothing provocative at all at celebrating a goal and making a gesture to someone who had recently passes. The day footballers can't show emotion when they score is the day football should be knocked on it's head.

Also, the vast majority of Hungarians either speak fluent English or more than enough English to know exactly what was on his shirt, those who could see it. Lets not find excuses for them.

If you're white the people are very welcoming and friendly there. But I have to say it's one of the most racist nations I've ever lived in or been too. But a lot of those countries in that part of Europe are exactly the same. Romania, Slovakia etc.
If you have to be white for them to be welcoming, they can go fuck themselves

Nothing provocative at all at celebrating a goal and making a gesture to someone who had recently passes. The day footballers can't show emotion when they score is the day football should be knocked on it's head.

Also, the vast majority of Hungarians either speak fluent English or more than enough English to know exactly what was on his shirt, those who could see it. Lets not find excuses for them.

Yep,

Lets send out a memo to players NOT to celebrate a goal incase they IGNITE the racists into action.

Blimey...

Last edited:
FIFA and UEFA need to act decisively.

I expect nothing less than a two year Stadium ban, lifetime bans for those found guilty, a monster fine and a final warning that if anything like this happens again then they’ll be banned for 5 years from International football.

Absolutely no place for this shite in this day and age. Either adapt with the times or stay in the Stone Age, on your own in your backwards shitheap.

FIFA and UEFA need to act decisively.

I expect nothing less than a two year Stadium ban, lifetime bans for those found guilty, a monster fine and a final warning that if anything like this happens again then they’ll be banned for 5 years from International football.

Absolutely no place for this shite in this day and age. Either adapt with the times or stay in the Stone Age, on your own in your backwards shitheap.

Hungary were charged over the same shit during the Euros, but as FIFA & UEFA aren't joined over such matters their punishment is reserved for the next UEFA fixtures.

Bollocks. Any measures need to be swift, visible and easy to correlate to the original offense.

Hungary has a huge issue with far right politics and culture which are all legitimised by their mini dictator. But I wouldn’t write off the whole country as racist. I would hate to be judged by the behaviour of our leaders as I’m sure our American and other international friends would too. Still, I’m glad we humped the cunts. Hope we give their wet hoolies the welcome they deserve in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom