***** Hungary v England World Cup qualifier 19:45******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
And once more we will get talk of racism in football as though if it's existing and always there in a society it can be anything different.

It ain't going away in any country where Black people are the obvious and identifiable minority and where Black people are not a rich part of a country's history.

Even then it is nigh in impossible to eradicate but at least there can be nore of a resistance and course of action, however ineffective.

More fines and closed stadia are necessary but are also a blunt tool.
Forget fines.
Forget closed stadia.

Just ban them from tournaments.

If you're white the people are very welcoming and friendly there. But I have to say it's one of the most racist nations I've ever lived in or been too. But a lot of those countries in that part of Europe are exactly the same. Romania, Slovakia etc.
If you have to be white for them to be welcoming, they can go fuck themselves

E-TlQ6lUUAQrIeH

E-TlQ6_VcA4EW-z

Bearing in mind the players knew what the Hungarian fans were like why did they provoke them. Taking the knee is known to be disliked in Hungary. Why did Sterling take his shirt off to reveal that message which the fans would not understand and could have misinterpreted and run towards the corner flag in front of fans. Goal scorers normally go towards their own fans to celebrate but there was not any England fans. They should have stayed in the middle of the pitch.
None of this excuses racism and I am not sure how much was solely aimed at the black players. Kane said he did not hear it and did the media highlight it for a story? I expect Hungary will be punished but I just wish we were completely blameless.

Wtf .... give your head a wobble

You wish we were blameless ? ffs you're part of the problem.

Why should they have to act any different at any stadia in the world? Why should anyone have to worry about their creed, colour, religion, sexual orientation whatever?

Football is a game that brings joy to billions but it has always had a problem that its not only tribal but that it attracts the lowest inbred, thick, ignorant, disgusting, morons.

Anyone, whether it's a player, a fan, someone who works at the stadium etc should be able to go there feeling safe, feeling like they won't get abused, felling like the game looks after them. At this moment in time it doesn't, for all the media spin about bend the knee blm etc, the real problem lies not just with the fans, but with the bodies themselves like UEFA and FIFA. Until they come down hard on these countries and start banning them from tournaments things will never change and until fans like you stop giving these countries an excuse saying they were goaded then things will sadly never change.

Shame.

Honestly, I think Fifa/Uefa need to forget about all this fines and closed doors bollocks. I wouldn't even go down a 'three strikes and you're out' route.

If racism is proven, then the country with the antagonistic fans should be banned for 12 months from international football. If it happens again when they're back, thats a further two years etc etc. Up to countries to get their own houses in order.

It's the only way to send a proper message that racism will no longer be tolerated. I don't care how draconian that is either. Fuck 'em. Shape up or fuck off.

Fifa gave a World Cup to a country that still has slavery, doubt they give two fucks about this.

The difference in the reaction from the crowd between our two goalscorers tells you all you need to know about what they were booing. Fucking racist cunts.

Now imagine being a fan that does exactly what these fans do booing players taking the knee!! Imagine wanting to be associated with that, as some clearly do on here.

Bearing in mind the players knew what the Hungarian fans were like why did they provoke them. Taking the knee is known to be disliked in Hungary. Why did Sterling take his shirt off to reveal that message which the fans would not understand and could have misinterpreted and run towards the corner flag in front of fans. Goal scorers normally go towards their own fans to celebrate but there was not any England fans. They should have stayed in the middle of the pitch.
None of this excuses racism and I am not sure how much was solely aimed at the black players. Kane said he did not hear it and did the media highlight it for a story? I expect Hungary will be punished but I just wish we were completely blameless.

Go to bed. You're having an absolute shocker.

And once more we will get talk of racism in football as though if it's existing and always there in a society it can be anything different.

It ain't going away in any country where Black people are the obvious and identifiable minority and where Black people are not a rich part of a country's history.

Even then it is nigh in impossible to eradicate but at least there can be nore of a resistance and course of action, however ineffective.

More fines and closed stadia are necessary but are also a blunt tool.
Pittance fines and closed stadia aren't going to do shit, points deductions, forfeited matches and expulsion from tournaments will.

These racist fucks ain't gonna have nothing to boo if they don't get to see their team.

Agree. But will they do it? Not a chance, because they're total shiiiite.
It's ridiculous. To see dickheads booing black people on TV should just be in history programmes, not prime time football.

Until they get serious and tell federations that they'll be banned from competitions - be it internationally, or their club sides - then it'll continue.

Both FIFA and UEFA haven't the balls to do it tho so crappy little fines that mean nothing it is.

Nothing provocative at all at celebrating a goal and making a gesture to someone who had recently passes. The day footballers can't show emotion when they score is the day football should be knocked on it's head.

Also, the vast majority of Hungarians either speak fluent English or more than enough English to know exactly what was on his shirt, those who could see it. Lets not find excuses for them.

Yep,

Lets send out a memo to players NOT to celebrate a goal incase they IGNITE the racists into action.

Blimey...

Last edited:

And that's racism too. Where is the selfawarness in anything of this? It backs up my previous point on this whole debate a while back which is that this isn't really about combatting racism at all, it's about selfrighteousness feeling above it all. Patting ourselves on the back.

Grouping an entire country together and branding them all racist is racist in itself isn't it?

And suddenly it's England who aren't the racist evil colonialists but the good guys again. This is all tribalistic bullshit. My tribe is morally more advanced than yours etc. And if we weren't playing a country who's skin was white, and homogenically even whiter than our own (which is partly why they're more racist anyway i'd imagine) there wouldn't even be this narrative.

What if we playing say Turkey for example and this had happened? Would there be the same image of England V Racists? I think not.

Lets see who has the balls to answer that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom