Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to score goals. 5 matches and Son & Kane have scored twice, Dele scored a penalty and an OG.
Therefore Son & Kane must always start in PL but the others need to come up with goals and whoever does will stay in the team.

He's starting to perform every game now he had strong form back end of last season and he's become a vital part of the team. His runs take so much pressure off and create attacks from nowhere at times.

I don't believe he will score loads of goals though from the wing, I actually think he would score more through the middle but not more than Kane would so no need to try if that makes sense

He's starting to perform every game now he had strong form back end of last season and he's become a vital part of the team. His runs take so much pressure off and create attacks from nowhere at times.

I don't believe he will score loads of goals though from the wing, I actually think he would score more through the middle but not more than Kane would so no need to try if that makes sense
He plays the same position as Son but on the other side of the pitch. Whoever plays in that position does need to score more and if Son can do it so must Moura, Bergwjn, Gil and Dele if they play in the front 3. We cannot rely on just Son & Kane to score all the goals.

I like what Stevie B has been bringing but I think Lucas is a tad ahead of him in terms of his creativity and plain ability To make something out of nothing on the rare occasion. looked really good when he came on today. I’m glad we’ve got the both of them to rotate

Not a surprise that the atmosphere was tense. So weird to leave Moura out of the starting eleven.

I love the guy. Besides his historic moment in the semi-finals he seems so invested in the club and lifts the mood. And on his day he is also a great addition to the squad.

As much as I loved Poch then, I’ve never forgiven him for that I know we don’t have a scoobies what occurs behind the scenes, but Kane beside being not fit never just comes back in and is up to speed.
Moura who is a good level below Kane had momentum, certainly Poch with his universal aura jiggery pokey and big balls syndrome should have sensed and understood that.

Lucas vs Ajax made him a proper legend*. He's not the best player or top of the football IQ chart, but we can never diminish his incredible effort that night. I was as bewildered as many when he wasn't in the starting line-up in the final.

*legend = someone who does something extra special in an important match in this context

Kane was always going to start the final, Kloop made the same decision with Firmino who started over the semi final hero Origi after months out with an injury. He was shite and got dragged off after 50 minutes but they won the match so that’s all forgotten.

What Poch should have done was drop Eriksen and start Lucas instead, Chris did fuck all in the knockout phase except almost gift City a winning goal. He did not deserve to start, but Poch always trusted his favourites to the bitter end. That’s fine when you win. When you don’t it makes you look foolish. Dele at least got 3 assists against Ajax and earned his start. Should have been Kane, Son, Lucas and Dele as our front four.

Kane was always going to start the final, Kloop made the same decision with Firmino who started over the semi final hero Origi after months out with an injury. He was shite and got dragged off after 50 minutes but they won the match so that’s all forgotten.

What Poch should have done was drop Eriksen and start Lucas instead, Chris did fuck all in the knockout phase except almost gift City a winning goal. He did not deserve to start, but Poch always trusted his favourites to the bitter end. That’s fine when you win. When you don’t it makes you look foolish. Dele at least got 3 assists against Ajax and earned his start. Should have been Kane, Son, Lucas and Dele as our front four.
That was my thought too. No reason one of the 3 flanking Kane couldn't be dropped for Lucas with Kane taking the 9.

Lucas was a strange choice to drop on all fronts.

Kane should have not started - period. He was not fit and offered nothing.

Eriksen was actually a big part of what got us to the Final, particularly against City where I think he had 3 assists/critical passes that led to goals.

And in the Final, he was one of a couple players that actually tested the keeper.

Last edited:
It's such a dumb argument. Klopp did the exact same thing by dropping Origi (scored 2 vs Barca) for a half-fit Firmino who was rubbish but no one talks about it. Origi was subbed on and scored their 2nd. Moura on the other hand probably had our best 'half chance' of that match after getting subbed on and failed to hit the target.

It's such a dumb argument. Klopp did the exact same thing by dropping Origi (scored 2 vs Barca) for a half-fit Firmino who was rubbish but no one talks about it. Origi was subbed on and scored their 2nd. Moura on the other hand probably had our best 'half chance' of that match after getting subbed on and failed to hit the target.
It wasn't just the match against Ajax. We beat Dortmund, City and Ajax. Lucas was a big part of our run and style of play. Our results were not purely down to luck.

Adding a 'big' player like Kane to the mix completely changed our dynamic/chemistry of the team and as a result, we couldn't adjust partly due to the fact that it was his first match back from injury. Our team had gotten accustomed to a style of play without Kane and as soon as he came back, we had to revert back to a different style.

A team simply can't adjust their style of play on command. It takes time, training and a few matches to get back in the swing of things.

Last edited:
Origi had barely played for them, Lucas was a proper1st team member.

Back
Top Bottom