Argentinian internationals and Quarantine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be happy, if our home league game with Woolwich was at a neutral ground? It's complex.

Happy? Being happy about it isn't really a consideration....

How about reluctantly accepting..... We've just come off the back of over a year of no fans in the stadium where home advantage was barely a thing..... Isn't the bigger picture of ultimate importance here?

Happy? Being happy about it isn't really a consideration....

How about reluctantly accepting..... We've just come off the back of over a year of no fans in the stadium where home advantage was barely a thing..... Isn't the bigger picture of ultimate importance here?

Without knowing the broader facts, in entirety, we are guessing.

My suspicion is that Argentina were led to believe this was acceptable conduct (do we really think they were just winging it?!), so some bureaucratic chain broke, or was not as understood for some reason.

If it was a misunderstanding of 3days Vs 72hours, is it such a big drama? Or a huge mess up by whoever didn't clarify it.

Without knowing the broader facts, in entirety, we are guessing.

My suspicion is that Argentina were led to believe this was acceptable conduct (do we really think they were just winging it?!), so some bureaucratic chain broke, or was not as understood for some reason.

If it was a misunderstanding of 3days Vs 72hours, is it such a big drama? Or a huge mess up by whoever didn't clarify it.

You appear to have changed the subject.... Were we not talking about what SHOULD have been done instead (i.e. playing on neutral grounds in a non-Red zone instead; something that would have needed to be organised prior to this current fiasco came into view).

You appear to have changed the subject.... Were we not talking about what SHOULD have been done instead (i.e. playing on neutral grounds in a non-Red zone instead; something that would have needed to be organised prior to this current fiasco came into view).

But, it's a side of that issue, that seemingly the claim is that there was 'exemption' agreements in place for 72hours/3days. So health authorities should have notified Associations if that had changed, then maybe in advance they could have made the Venue adjustments.

As I said yesterday, they could easily configure these games where the game must be in a region of the country that would meet 'Amber' if it were a country in it's own right, if none available then perhaps an agreement to play overseas (but as said, that is a big hindrance to the home team).

Someone said they'd just been to another Red Country and this didn't then happen, so something changed in the murky background.

But, it's a side of that issue, that seemingly the claim is that there was 'exemption' agreements in place for 72hours/3days. So health authorities should have notified Associations if that had changed, then maybe in advance they could have made the Venue adjustments.

As I said yesterday, they could easily configure these games where the game must be in a region of the country that would meet 'Amber' if it were a country in it's own right, if none available then perhaps an agreement to play overseas (but as said, that is a big hindrance to the home team).

Someone said they'd just been to another Red Country and this didn't then happen, so something changed in the murky background.

Sorry, I'm at a loss as to what this strain of the topic has to do with the suggestion of sidestepping the whole matter weeks ago by agreeing by play at a neutral ground.... The quarantine issue has been spoken of for weeks now; long before last night's twist in the tale.

This is an absolute shambles.

The club tweeted congratulations to the players so they must have been allowed to go. Its either back covering, utter incompetence or both by the club

I think the club had reluctantly accepted they would play in the first two games, but were expecting them to fly back now and not stay to play the third match.

So didnt check the Brazilian rules then? That would reflect pretty badly on the club.
There is debate around the Brazilian rules and the "corridor" for sporting, as per the last copa. Either Argentina fucked up /tried to pull a fast one or Brazil pulled a fast one to get to this point.

Truth will come out in a few weeks I imagine.

Back
Top Bottom