Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just to confirm that we can't can't change the squad until after the group stage?
What is this with Omole?
Not seeing that but Nuno knows best.

Not quite true - we can add list B u21's up until 24 hours before first match I think
As I said, my suspicion is CB's were needed to be added to cover Romero and Sanchez continuing to go on other international jaunts and being unavailable - and Omole is most experienced CB left in u21's Otherwise place might have gone to Devine ?

Craig brothers seem to go bit under radar don’t really get talked about to much but seem to be making good progress. But they do seem to come as pair, I hope that doesn’t become bit of an issue for them. I remember thinking one was better than the other but honestly can remember which one it was. The Matthew Michael bit doesn’t help much either.

Mathew better than Michael I think - but not easy to tell them apart physically

Not quite true - we can add list B u21's up until 24 hours before first match I think
As I said, my suspicion is CB's were needed to be added to cover Romero and Sanchez continuing to go on other international jaunts and being unavailable - and Omole is most experienced CB left in u21's Otherwise place might have gone to Devine ?
Omole or Devine? OK Alfie not been great this term but still...
Belt and braces for me but i don't get the sack if I get it wrong. :rolleyes:

Omole or Devine? OK Alfie not been great this term but still...
Belt and braces for me but i don't get the sack if I get it wrong. :rolleyes:

Devine every time - he has a future at Spurs so we should give him the experience. As I said if Romero and Sanchez play international hide and seek again, we have very limited CB's so could see Omole starting against some ECL sides ......... no other choice even with Dier, Rodon, Tanganga and Davies as other choices.

England u19s vs Germany. Devine played 60, Nile John 83, Scarlett came on for the last 30.

Only skimmed through it but seemed poor enough. Devine had a decent game, nothing too flash, his set pieces were very poor. Nile John the pick of our three. Scarlett given the goal, but I really can't make out if it was him or the number 9 scored the tap in, he didn't really do much else.

Looking at Sudokus' list there, the Club should challenge the Welsh HG thing, as Davies and Rodon both spent 3years by 21 at Clubs playing in the FA's leagues, who if qualified for Europe would do so under the English leagues compliment - ergo should be classified thus.

Why not employ a team of lawyers to challenge it, as that would change the squad dynamic considerably. When it ends in a full international 17 year old (?) not getting a Europe squad place something is wrong!
Agree it’s ridiculous

Add Dane Scarlett (currently with E u19's) and that's probably most of the candidates for subs against Palace - with injuries and those in Croatia we might need about 4 of them on the bench

About time someone started a thread for this guy. :rolleyes:
He's got it and it just needs managing.

Hugely impressive for an 18 year old.

Really seized the opportunity when Estomian manager selected him out of nowhere to play due to injury/covid back in March and now seems to be a fixture in the international team - last night was his 7th cap. All playing against mens teams which youth footballl would never give him, so great development for him.

Great news is that he's young enough to become a Club trained player as well (he's been at Spurs on year, so this will be his 2nd year - allowing him to become a List B u21 at the end of it - so one more year after that to be considered Club trained)

Back
Top Bottom