Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You have posted a few teams on this board since I joined containing many academy players and the manager has not agreed :rolleyes: but I think there is a good chance of 10 of those XI starting. Any kind of decent display and all XI should get minutes at least.
Personally I think he will start Clarke.

Clarke has more experience, and is certainly an option, but I don't think he's impressed that much - Markanday more of a gamble as this would be his debut (previously been an unused sub under both Mourhino and Nuno), but atm his form is very good.

Clarke has more experience, and is certainly an option, but I don't think he's impressed that much - Markanday more of a gamble as this would be his debut (previously been an unused sub under both Mourhino and Nuno), but atm his form is very good.
Clarke just isn't good enough.
Why why did we pay £10m for him

I've said this before and got dogs abuse, it's just my opinion. But I really don't care about this mickey mouse 3rd rate eufa money spinning competition...its pointless and worthless.
Plus we clearly need to concentrate on the league or we could be finishing 10th...
No argument from me....

At that price its a punt these days. Some will work out others will not
I saw Clarke a couple of times for Leeds and he was eye-catching. Then he had a mystery illness and after that he was not so good. I was really surprised we bought him.
But he has been doing well for the U23s.

I saw Clarke a couple of times for Leeds and he was eye-catching. Then he had a mystery illness and after that he was not so good. I was really surprised we bought him.
But he has been doing well for the U23s.

Sounds like Eric Dier.

Infection, then boom, physique gone.

Back to Poch style no info...

Son Heung-min, Bergwijn and Dier latest​

Following the defeat against Crystal Palace, Nuno Espirito Santo was once again asked about the fitness of Son Heung-min who missed Saturday's game after returning with an injury from the international break.

And Espirito Santo did not give too much away.

"I don't know. He doesn't look well. Stevie, let's wait and see this week, but hopefully they will improve and be available for the next game, let's see".

Those words will not be music to Tottenham supporters' ears with Spurs having missed the South Korean international's creativity and energy going forward in yesterday's defeat.

The Tottenham boss was also asked about the injury suffered by Eric Dier, but once again Espirito Santo remained coy.

"Let's wait and see, let's wait and see."

Back to Poch style no info...

Son Heung-min, Bergwijn and Dier latest​

Following the defeat against Crystal Palace, Nuno Espirito Santo was once again asked about the fitness of Son Heung-min who missed Saturday's game after returning with an injury from the international break.

And Espirito Santo did not give too much away.

"I don't know. He doesn't look well. Stevie, let's wait and see this week, but hopefully they will improve and be available for the next game, let's see".

Those words will not be music to Tottenham supporters' ears with Spurs having missed the South Korean international's creativity and energy going forward in yesterday's defeat.

The Tottenham boss was also asked about the injury suffered by Eric Dier, but once again Espirito Santo remained coy.

"Let's wait and see, let's wait and see."

Not doing well on players not available for some reason or another :

Lo Celso - quarantine in Croatia
Sanchez - quarantine in Croatia
Romero - quarantine in Croatia
Son - injury
Sessegnon - injury
Dier - injury
Bergwijn - injury

7 players - almost a third of the squad unavailable

and Skipp didn't look fully fit at the weekend, not to mention that Kane and Hojbjerg looked as if they had been over played on the international break.

We've seen them enough times now to know our second string team would struggle to beat a League 2 side. Whenever we field them we're basically throwing the game.

After Saturday's shitshow it looks like we may have a struggle on in the league this season so I expect this tournament to slide down the list of priorities sharpish.

Time for Ndombele to rise like a pheasant from the ashes
The Pheasant Plucking Song

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's son
I'm only plucking pheasants 'till the pheasant plucker comes.

Me husband is a keeper, he's a very busy man
I try to understand him and I help him all I can,
But sometimes in an evening I feel a trifle dim
All alone, I'm plucking pheasants, when I'd rather pluck with him.

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's mate
I'm only plucking pheasants 'cos the pheasant plucker's late !

I'm not good at plucking pheasants, at pheasant plucking I get stuck
Though some pheasants find it pleasant I'd rather pluck a duck.
Oh plucking geese is gorgeous, I can pluck a goose with ease
But pheasant plucking's torture because they haven't any grease.

I'm not a pheasant plucker, he has gone out on the tiles
He only plucked one pheasant and I'm sitting here with piles !

You have to pluck them fresh, if it’s fresh they’re not unpleasant,
I knew a man in Dunstable who could pluck a frozen pheasant.
They say the village constable had pheasant plucking sessions
With the vicar on a Sunday ‘tween the first and second lessons.

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's mum
I'm only plucking pheasants 'till the pheasant plucker's come.

My good friend Godfrey is most adept, he's really got the knack
He likes to have a pheasant plucked before he hits the sack.
I like to give a helping hand, I gather up the feathers,
It's really all our pheasant plucking keeps us pair together.

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's friend
I'm only plucking pheasants as a means unto an end !

My husband's in the forest always banging with his gun
If he could hear me half the time I'm sure that he would run,
For there's fluff in all my crannies, there's feathers up my nose
And I'm itching in the kitchen from my head down to my toes.

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's wife
And when we pluck together it's a pheasant plucking life !

Phoenix rather than pheasant !
Pheasant…….
9-A1-BF2-AA-46-D1-4-E97-91-AD-2-CB2103-A562-B.gif

Back
Top Bottom