Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Phoenix rather than pheasant !
giphy.gif

Because Levy thought he was being smart getting Gio and Clarke for £60m combined instead of buying Bruno Fernandes for the same price.
same as he thought keep bargaining Villa down to save £5m on Grealish was a great idea, shame he didn't know villa had other suitors ready to buy the club

Part of me thinks our team was disrupted yesterday due to international break. Kane looked jaded playing 3 games for england. Bit amateurish though we havent got back up for him. Also not sure what justifies why we pay top prices. Levy is on last legs. His tenure at us sums up his personality. Good at business and infrastructure but not a football person.

Clarke just isn't good enough.
Why why did we pay £10m for him
Jack Clarke is still only 20 and £10m for a young English winger is nothing.

Even if he doesn't pan out it doesn't mean the decision was wrong. Gil cost us £35m and even though he has a much better pedigree it's still 3.5x for a non-English player who still may not pan out.

Because Levy thought he was being smart getting Gio and Clarke for £60m combined instead of buying Bruno Fernandes for the same price.
For the 100th time, Poch didn't want Bruno. It had nothing to do with Levy.

I get we want to crap on Levy and he deserves it but 2019 was basically giving Poch whatever he wanted (Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon). Clarke was Levy and the recruiting staff.

For the 100th time, Poch didn't want Bruno. It had nothing to do with Levy.

I get we want to crap on Levy and he deserves it but 2019 was basically giving Poch whatever he wanted (Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon). Clarke was Levy and the recruiting staff.

I'm sure he'd have happily taken BF too if that was an option (the feeling at the time was that if we could have shifted Eriksen too in that window then we might have pushed the boat out on him), but there's no mistaking that Ndomble & Gio were Poch's priority picks and another £60m spend in that window was no joke.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but we could, if we wanted, play the Croatia Three in this game.

Their quarantine prevents them from entering Britain, not France

Fuck it.... I'd play all 3 then.

Romero needs to find his groove ASAP..... We could do with both him and Dav vs the chavs so have them work the dust off.... It's not like CBs can't play 2 games in 4 days.

Back
Top Bottom