Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can see us struggling to get out of this group tbh, expect nothing in the away games to the French and Dutch, should get 6 points from the other crud, which leaves us no room for error in the other 2 home games.

:nunothumb:

Does the named squad allow us to send a team of just kids to Rennes? Plus Gollini and Doherty.

Given the current mess I'd keep the whole senior squad at home to work on tactics and avoid further injury.

Rely on the home games for qualifying for the next round, Redknapp style.

Don't we run the risk that a UK health official noticing that the rest of our squad have been in contact with the players coming from a red list country within 10 days - and even a repeat of the Brazil-Argentina scenes but this time at Chelsea where a zealous health official pulls Spurs players off he pitch ?

Otherwise quite like the idea to start or put on bench
It's a cunning plan, my lord to have the match stopped and prevent a loss!!

Dead leg for Dier is great news, thought it could be ligaments or even a slight break by the look of him hobbling off.

Fuck sake it’s hard to put together a decent side while also rotating.

Maybe:

Gollini
Doherty Tanganga Rodon Davies Reggie
Ndombele Winks Dele
Moura Gil

Yikes I hate that team but don’t really want to see Kane, Hojbjerg, Skipp, start considering their fitness and international exertions.

Also with Tanganga suspended it’s one of Emerson or Doherty versus Chelsea which is not ideal.

Dead leg for Dier is great news, thought it could be ligaments or even a slight break by the look of him hobbling off.

Maybe:

Gollini
Ndombele Winks Dele
Moura Gil

Yikes I hate that team but don’t really want to see Kane, Hojbjerg, Skipp, start considering their fitness and international exertions.

Also with Tanganga suspended it’s one of Emerson or Doherty versus Chelsea which is not ideal.
And no backup striker to be seen!! Ridiculous we didn't sign one. I wonder if Scarlett will play.

I was worried about knee ligaments, so yes good news is he'll recover and unlikely they'll be any long term effects. It can still take a few weeks to recover from a bad dead leg though, and the way he was hobbling, and the fact he left on crutches suggests it was a bad-ish one.

Geez some people are just miserable.
Do you disagree? Somehow, despite being the third tier European competition, and us being seeded as second best in the entire thing, this group looks harder to me than last year Europa draw.

Maybe it's just because last year I was full of naive optimism, and felt that the squad had less gaping holes, but short of us putting out basically our first XI I just cannot see us getting much from these games.

We seem to have so little in attacking reserve now that there is no way a second string is going to get enough goals.

Maybe:

Gollini
Ndombele Winks Dele
Moura Gil

this is the kinda game where you could do with a Nacer Chadli type a big lad, a froward without being a striker but someone who knew where the back of the net was.

Logically speaking we can assume the following will def play

Gollini

Doherty Tanganga (banned for Chelsea) XXXXX Davies

Ndombele Winks XXXXX

Gil XXXXXXX XXXXXX

so that basically leaves 3 positions to fill while also trying to keep people fresh for Sunday.

is it a possibility that the coach in Croatia is preparing Dav and Romero to start together on Sunday?

either way - with no Dier just yet, and the 2 South Americans away it makes Rodon almost a guaranteed starter on Thursday.

Midfield is tricky, I could see us going with Niall John in there? Hojbjerg is overplayed already but we'll need someone willing to play a forward pass. if we Presume at the weekend we'll have the Dele/Skipp/Hojbjerg combo it's likely to be Dele of the 3 that can handle another game considering he has no international exertions?

Up Top with Gil..... Fuck a Duck!

Scarlett and if Bergwijn recovers on time I guess him, leaving Kane and Lucas to start vs Chelsea and Pray Son might make a miraculous recovery.

so I'm going

Gollini

Doherty Tanganga Rodon Davies

Dele Ndombele Winks

Bergwijn Scarlett Gil

A Point will do.

Do you disagree? Somehow, despite being the third tier European competition, and us being seeded as second best in the entire thing, this group looks harder to me than last year Europa draw.

Maybe it's just because last year I was full of naive optimism, and felt that the squad had less gaping holes, but short of us putting out basically our first XI I just cannot see us getting much from these games.

We seem to have so little in attacking reserve now that there is no way a second string is going to get enough goals.
To me your response seemed very reactive to Saturday’s extremely poor performance.

Unless we play only youth players, expecting nothing from Rennes or vitesse away is pessimistic.

Actually changed my mind slightly. I would like to see Kane and Scarlett partner up top. Kane could use 60 minutes while he’s still get up to fitness and it would be a great development experience for Scarlett to play and partner with Kane.

Back
Top Bottom