OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched the Dortmund game earlier and I have to say that Jude Bellingham is the next big English thing, even more so than Foden which takes some doing. Absolutely ran the game and outshone Haaland even. For an 18 year old he's ridiculous.

We do tend to over-rate our talents a little bit too much too soon, but with Bellingham, he's the real deal.

Thought he did pretty well when he came on. Some lovely tricky wing play, some good ball protection/carrying plus his usual tenacity. One awful stray pass. But he did put in a cross that should have been buried by Mir I think it was. Just a Rabona and a yellow missing for a full Lamela bingo card.

Makes me laugh. Not good enough for Tottenham (ECL contenders) but starring in a UCL game.

Lamela isn't good enough for where we want to be.

Very different from where we are of course.

Watched the Dortmund game earlier and I have to say that Jude Bellingham is the next big English thing, even more so than Foden which takes some doing. Absolutely ran the game and outshone Haaland even. For an 18 year old he's ridiculous.

We do tend to over-rate our talents a little bit too much too soon, but with Bellingham, he's the real deal.

So was Alli.

I don't necessarily doubt you for one minute but talent today can too easily become mediocre tomorrow.

It's the challenge that too many fail.

Brugge looked like the Poch-led free flowing Spurs teams that we loved so much. PSG looked like the Spurs teams years later with an inept midfield that we loathed so much.

He is an excellent technical centre mid. We are strong in the center with Rice and Philips but Bellingham has better vision and one of those two have to be stood down. England will be better with him as an attacking team.

He is an excellent technical centre mid. We are strong in the center with Rice and Philips but Bellingham has better vision and one of those two have to be stood down. England will be better with him as an attacking team.

I like Phillips and he's never let England down, but it has to be Rice as the anchor man and then Bellingham + Foden down the line. I do think Foden will end up playing centrally for Man City but it might not be for another couple of years yet.

So was Alli.

I don't necessarily doubt you for one minute but talent today can too easily become mediocre tomorrow.

It's the challenge that too many fail.

Bellingham is a more complete player than Alli was at the same age by a distance. Jude is a proper central midfielder whereas Alli was/is an attacking midfielder who's role in the team was simply to make late runs into the box and get goals. To be fair he was excellent at that for a couple of seasons.

I get what you're saying though. You can never think any player is going to go on to be a world-beater based on how good they look in their first two or three years as a professional. But you can't not watch Bellingham week in, week out and not be mightily impressed by what he's doing as a recently turned 18 year old. Already got 100 appearances under his belt for club and country.

Was posted summer, with Bellingham integrated in the latter games England would of smashed it.
He really is a MFer that looks like he has a complete game. Seems to improve everytime I watch him (and I watch most BVB games). Integrated early with them but looks even more confident this season. Love his fluid athleticism in addition to his technique.

Back
Top Bottom