Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are just levels above us, physically, mentally and ability wise.

Its like men against boys.

We briefly hit on a formula that saw us competing with sides like this for a couple of shortlived seasons but we are back to being nowhere near.

Decent 1st half, then they brought on Kante and changed the shape and we've been chasing shadows all half. We are bringing on kids like Gil who aren't ready for this level, they have players like Kante on the bench.

Different gravy

Err yes you did see below....

You clearly have the memory of a goldfish with the grey matter to match 😘

And what part of that mentioned anything about him being at fault for the two goals, you twonk?

I was literally taking the piss because after a decent 20-25 minutes from him, the usual loonies here were making him out to be a world-beater. The only thing he'll ever beat is his own penis when a fast food advert comes on.

Skipp was marking Lukaku on that corner

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Tanguy was marking him first half!

Nuno tactics

This whole squad is just painfully average now. Only Kane and Son are top tier players and when they don’t turn up the rest of the team can’t carry the load, just so painfully boring watching us play.

Look at Chelsea's bench FFS

Football is so broken, it's beyond funny now.

Them and city will walk the league Liverpool are one or two injurys away from a top 4 battle

We lost this game when Tuchel realised we had done him first half and he has the best CDM in world football sat on his bench allowing him to change his entire formation

And we have 3 teenagers 3 CBs and no proper forward

Couple of people said it already we are a mid table team. Don't even know where to start to fix this team at the moment. It needs a total mentality change. That will never happen with the likes of Winks and Alli getting time on the pitch, plus we have a manger who peaked at Wolves!
Realistically we need all who played under Poch gone. They are mentally broken.

Kante more creative in 15 minutes than Dele in 90 minutes
I'm only talking about creativity

Dele remembers me more and more to sissoko when opponents have a corner

We’ve just ceded all midfield control when Ndombele and Lo Celso went off, unfortunately. Kante obviously part of that as well, but it’s such a stark difference.

There is no solution. That's the problem, why are you asking me for a solution? I never claimed to have one.

The solution is the owners fuck off and we are purchased by someone with ambition to win trophies.

But that's not going to happen so I guess Nuno is our level after all.

Especially when some of our supporters are just happy with mediocrity, they even call Kane one of our own after he shits over the club and would be Levy's personal head waxers if they had half a chance.

Look at what our club has become, a hollow corporate soulless entity with none of the trophies.
I was asking your opinion “, why are you asking me for a solution?” Ffs never mind enjoy the rest of the game

Yeah tbh I'd written off today as a free hit against what I think, reluctantly, is a top top side in Chelsea.
We competed well and fell apart after the break more from mental weakness than anything.
A couple of better decisions/execution from reggie/locelso/son , wed have scored 3 goals against the european champions in 1 half. This game shows we can improve. Im fine with that.

Back
Top Bottom