Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He won't set us back at all. I get your emotional but that's garbage, we are exactly where Levy and Mourinho left us.
Worse because Jose made sure he woke up the rater dim Kane to the reality of ENIC before he left poisoned him good and proper. We ain't getting relegated, we are trading water till the only plan the real fraud( Daniel Levy) reverts to the one right thing he did in 21 years. Mauricio Pochettino. Its his only plan you can even tell they are buying players for him. Only Nuno was desperate enough to take two years while a target worked his notice its risible.
I read this 5 times to no avail and hope you’re not driving tonight

The penny has finally dropped for me - the squad is just not good enough - and with Kane totally disinterested top 8 looks a big ask.
I would not have swapped lamela for Gill but to throw in £20m as well is fucking embarrassing
- enic- levy- Hitchen- paratici - the squad - none of it good enough we are fucked

Lamela was one of the few players who always gave a shit. Would have come in useful today.

He won't set us back at all. I get your emotional but that's garbage, we are exactly where Levy and Mourinho left us.
Worse because Jose made sure he woke up the rater dim Kane to the reality of ENIC before he left, poisoned him good and proper. We ain't getting relegated, we are treading water till the only plan the real fraud( Daniel Levy) reverts to the one right thing he did in 21 years. Mauricio Pochettino. Its his only plan you can even tell they are buying players for him. Only Nuno was desperate enough to take a two year job while our real target worked his notice its risible.
Going back to Poch ( who i loved) would be like getting back with your older, less fit ex-gf. It won't end well.

Unless we have new ownership/management Poch coming back here is going to go the same way as it did the last time he was here. He'll get sacked again.

Good first half. When Chelsea went up a level and introduced Kante we gave up straight away. Second half was pathetic. There are some truly feeble-minded players in our squad, to give them such soft goals as soon as the second half started is embarrassing.

Ndombele had a decent first half but he did not want to get involved in the second half. Kept jogging over to the right wing and hiding. Lo Celso had that one pass to Son and nothing else. Both those players cost more than Kante and they are all we’ve got in terms of technical midfielders. Neither of them would get onto Chelsea’s bench.
In first half Chelsea were non existent but we simply had the ball and did nothing with it. Didn't look at any point like we deserved a goal. 3 goals scored all season so far says it all. Second half they turned up, yes they introduced kante but their whole team started getting the ball in and piling forward. Second goal was fortunate but we were never going to score. We never look like we can these days. Definitely didnt today.

I get accused of being a Kane fanboy and yet I was practically the only one here saying that we shouldn't price Kane out of a move! He needs to move on, deserves to move on, and we'll be better off going down a new path without him. But I got a load of shit for saying such things.

But Son hardly turns up game after game against the better sides, which is the only point I'm making.

Maybe in his early days with us, but in his recent past.. just look at the past season. Goals against City this season. Goals against City, United, Woolwich, Liverpool all last season. Goal that got us into the Cup final last season as well.

Also, he has more match winning goals (8) since the start of last season than anyone else in the PL. So you can hardly say that he hasn't stepped up. We just need others around him to do the same.

Last edited:
Going back to Poch ( who i loved) would be like getting back with your older, less fit ex-gf. It won't end well.

Unless we have new ownership/management Poch coming back here is going to go the same way as it did the last time he was here. He'll get sacked again.
I know this mate but Levy is just thick and duplicitous enough to think the sight of big daddy will make us gushy enough to buy the season tickets. Poch is Argentine so Tango Gaucho a romantic daft enough to belive in the myth. It ends horribly. :pochsmirk:

If Kane was running around a lot he would still be getting a load of shit. Why should Son not be called out in these games just because he runs about a bit more? I'm not just talking about today though. If Kane has a bad game, the same people rage about it. Son has a bad game, nothing is ever said.
The two of them need to be the furthest up the pitch and the midfield should be finding them. But we are so fucking slow. Sideways backwards bollocks. I see both son and kane in positions where we could be finding them but always go for the safe option.

In first half Chelsea were non existent but we simply had the ball and did nothing with it. Didn't look at any point like we deserved a goal. 3 goals scored all season so far says it all. Second half they turned up, yes they introduced kante but their whole team started getting the ball in and piling forward. Second goal was fortunate but we were never going to score. We never look like we can these days. Definitely didnt today.
In the first half Chelsea still cut us open on a few occasions and could have had a couple. Even when we were on top, we'll on top, we were giving up big chances

I get accused of being a Kane fanboy and yet I was practically the only one here saying that we shouldn't price Kane out of a move! He needs to move on, deserves to move on, and we'll be better off going down a new path without him. But I got a load of shit for saying such things.

But Son hardly turns up game after game against the better sides, which is the only point I'm making.
He was kept as a suitable offer was not received. It was not a 100m. I would take this for him now. But we will do fuck all with it. We aren't going to spend it on one player. We'll buy 3-4 and be no better for it.

Just got back from the game. First half really good 45 minutes, we were the better side. When they scored early in the second our heads dropped and the game was done. No fight to try and get back in the game, went out with a wimper in the end. Disappointing, some players don’t look like they give a shit so early in the season.

OK, had an hour or so to think.
First half we played well but with little goal threat... Is Kane doing enough?
Second half Tuchel changes things and it works because he is replacing a good player with another good player and changing shape.
We can't do that as our squad is below par and injured.
We also played Thursday in France, Chelsea played Tuesday at home and recovery time is crucial, a luxery we didnt get.
I liked the idea of the team selection, it was attack minded but it needs tweaking.
This is going to be a long season....

Back
Top Bottom