Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you watch the games or just glance at the results? Please just say the latter so you don't make a cunt of yourself
Oh I watch all of them. You can deflect all you want, why not answer the question?

I'm not saying he or the team has been great or even good but give the guy a chance. What do you expect from Nuno? Come in with little pre-season, harry not training, half the team on international duty, then this bullshit international break...you expect him to have the team playing how he wants?!?

Give him some time ffs!

He was in La Liga team of the season, and was also exceptional in winning Sevilla the Europa League.
What's happened to him at Spurs?
You talking about Gil? Thought he was out on loan and never played a minute at the club... Another 20m questionably spent. At least he is young enough to improve, but like skip he can't be relied on just now. PEH is good but to slow to cover for the inadequacy of Ndombele and GEH, those guys are play makers and provide little else, stick them on with Ali son or bergs and you've got a MF no show.

We won nothing in the 2nd half. Teams will have watched that and they will know how to set up against us. Today in the first half we had enough to press from MF because we had a MF and caught them of guard, but when the battle came alive with kante coming on we shrunk.

20 shots to 8..... Nothing good about us just now - go on about the first half all you like but we are back to being spursy

Act in terms of sacking the fool or cutting prices and offering refunds?
Act as in start investing in the team properly in a transfer window.

When people stop buying the tickets he will have no choice as he won't allow the stadium to be half empty every week.

Whether he sacks the manager or not is largely irrelevant as I don't think anybody is getting a tune from this group of players.

No chance he cuts prices or offers refunds. People have to vote with their feet.

But this guy is a manager/coach though? Enic is another argument. Nuno is a fake.

He was by no means by first choice I wanted Potter foe the record but it doesn't matter who we get in this season we need to rebuild from the ground up

Enic either need to sell up and fuck off or start to invest

Kane needs selling as does anyone else who thinks they are better then us and we need to bring in young hungry talent like we did 10 years ago

I don't think Nunos the man to do this but I think when you look at this side it's probs the the 5th-7th best side in the league

And that's where we will finish this season if Nuno stays all season. He's not the main issue but I don't think he's the man to rebuild us

Last edited:
Oh I watch all of them. You can deflect all you want, why not answer the question?

I'm not saying he or the team has been great or even good but give the guy a chance. What do you expect from Nuno? Come in with little pre-season, harry not training, half the team on international duty, then this bullshit international break...you expect him to have the team playing how he wants?!?

Give him some time ffs!
I get what you're saying and yes he's had a few obstacles. I admit that. But just look at the stats. It's awful. I don't like his demeanor either. He's either taken on too big a job or he's extremely fucking arrogant. He's not going to last. I know it and deep down you do. I'd rather not waste 3 months putting up with this garbage.

You talking about Gil? Thought he was out on loan and never played a minute at the club... Another 20m questionably spent. At least he is young enough to improve, but like skip he can't be relied on just now. PEH is good but to slow to cover for the inadequacy of Ndombele and GEH, those guys are play makers and provide little else, stick them on with Ali son or bergs and you've got a MF no show.

We won nothing in the 2nd half. Teams will have watched that and they will know how to set up against us. Today in the first half we had enough to press from MF because we had a MF and caught them of guard, but when the battle came alive with kante coming on we shrunk.

20 shots to 8..... Nothing good about us just now - go on about the first half all you like but we are back to being spursy
I was referring to reguilon.

Gil I think is a good prospect, give him a couple of seasons to adjust to PL.

I'll try and take a few positives from the game because I admit I'm very negative so I'll try and be better than that.

Well
1) Romero/Emerson/Dier all played decently bar Dier's involvement in the goal(s).
2) The first half
3) Ndombele is in Nuno's plans clearly
I believe had we had a better selection of players available to start or from the bench the game could've gone differently.
Unfortunately you have a crap bench and crap players like Dele Alli are still starting.

At least Mourinho also lost :nunoout: Tottenham always win

Don't you dare start bigging up Jose again....

You were loudly "Jose IN" before Poch got sacked..... You were as quick as anyone to turn on him and have been mugging him off for the last 12 months at least..... Now cos you don't like the next guy....

Just don't.

Last edited:
You don't really believe that part do you?

We were cool with him wanting 200m every summer, but have undying dedication a backroom staff that had only been in place since Poch's crew left?

Whoever leaked that idea to the media and whatever their agenda; it's so obviously bullshit.

Levy: "So what will it take.... We've just hired your mate as DOF btw."

Conte: "200 large every summer and we can dance"

Levy: "You sure we can't negotiate on that at all?"

Conte: "Did you not see how swiftly I got the fuck out of Chelski & Inter?"

Levy: "Ok.... Fair enough..... Enjoy the rest of your pizza, Tony"
Conte never wanted 200m - stop repeating this shameless pro ENIC lie. You have zero credibility on here now, mate

I get what you're saying and yes he's had a few obstacles. I admit that. But just look at the stats. It's awful. I don't like his demeanor either. He's either taken on too big a job or he's extremely fucking arrogant. He's not going to last. I know it and deep down you do. I'd rather not waste 3 months putting up with this garbage.
I agree to an extent. No manager is going to last. He seems a stop gap to me (hence the 2 year contract). However, I will still give him a chance and I'm very encouraged by how we setup and played in the first half.

Second half was poor but I hope we setup the same way against the CP's of the EPL now that our players are available.

Out of curiosity, who would you like to see as our manager? I'd personally love to see us take a risk on a younger, attacking manager (or bring poch back). I feel like the way we compete w the big boys is by catching lightning in a bottle once again...

Fed up of it.

3-0 at home.
Its not acceptable. EVER.
Its embarrassing to lose by that scoreline. Don't feel proud or excited by that team. I dread it and my only thoughts now are how can I switch off from the football? Its so sad. Every team looks better than us at the moment.

Don't you dare start bigging up Jose again....

You were loudly "Jose IN" before Poch got sacked..... You were as quick as anyone to turn on him as anyone and have been mugging him off for the last 12 months at least..... Now cos you don't like the next guy....

Just don't.
I was making a joke mate. Jose was shit for us. But Nuno isn’t much better.

Back
Top Bottom